Bills and Nova even

The Wiz

I just checked them out on ESPN. The difference that hits you square in the face is rebounds; they're 15th we're 325th. We can't win if we're giving them new shot clocks after misses. The Yarou kid they have at C is a force. Who blocks him out? RL? And they have an NBA quality PG in Wayns, who supposedly loves to shoot first pass second. This looks like a rematch against UW, so we better bring the A game. But a W here would be huge even if Nova's not ranked. They'll be an NCAA tourney team by March and if the committee can look back and say SLU beat 'em our cred factor goes way up.

Agree with slu72, huge game. Our achilles heal is defensive rebounding and Rob Loe's performance yesterday does not give one confidence in that regard. However, I'd like to see Cory get more minutes against a mobile big. Cory has looked solid on the defensive end all season. I think he deserves a bigger role.

I don't think RM will change his starting lineup this early. But if RL ain't manning up on the D boards by blocking out, expect to see him get the hook early. Also, was a little disappointed in Evans rebounding yesterday. He's shown he has a nose for the ball, we're gonna need that today. One other thought, maybe RM looks to get RL open from the outside to draw out the Nova big. Anyone else think Nova looks like a carbon copy of UW with a touch more experience?

We just need to hit our open shots. The RickMa offense creates numerous chances, and CE & RL especially need to be 'on' in order to win this game.

I can understand that MM is getting limited minutes and whether shot falls or not we lose a little "a" to be "B" going from KM to MM as

KM not quite taking over.

Problem with RL, DE, CE, is guards not finding them.

I think Manning will play better than CR if given the minutes; but I wouldn't experiment with a freshman in today's tournament.

I look for JB to make at least 4 treys, today- nothing like hot hands off the bench to excite our three point shooters

I can understand that MM is getting limited minutes and whether shot falls or not we lose a little "a" to be "B" going from KM to MM as

KM not quite taking over.

Problem with RL, DE, CE, is guards not finding them.

I think Manning will play better than CR if given the minutes; but I wouldn't experiment with a freshman in today's tournament.

I look for JB to make at least 4 treys, today- nothing like hot hands off the bench to excite our three point shooters

Gonna be kinda hard for Jake to hit 4 treys from the bench, don't you think? Jake has played 12 minutes total in the four games so far. Manning will not see the floor today short of an apocalypse. The Dictator wants to go with a 9 man rotation and that leaves Manning and Barnett out.

I am kind of hoping after we get through all of this and we are at home with the D2 competition, Alabama State, Ark State and TX Southern, we can run up the score early to allow Manning, Barnett & Glaze get in some PT. Once back in conference play it will be back to the 8-9 man rotation.

I just checked them out on ESPN. The difference that hits you square in the face is rebounds; they're 15th we're 325th. We can't win if we're giving them new shot clocks after misses. The Yarou kid they have at C is a force. Who blocks him out? RL? And they have an NBA quality PG in Wayns, who supposedly loves to shoot first pass second. This looks like a rematch against UW, so we better bring the A game. But a W here would be huge even if Nova's not ranked. They'll be an NCAA tourney team by March and if the committee can look back and say SLU beat 'em our cred factor goes way up.

I agree that a win would be big for a team that has received some nice publicity in the early going but needs to get another big win to keep the momentum in the press. We will need to really play a great game to beat this team. Maybe our travel rust or turkey fatigue will have worn off and we can play like we did in the first half against Washington. Their big guys are big and tough and their guards are big and tough so we need to strap on the helmets and push back! If Loe or Ellis can get hot from outside it would be huge. They are getting wide open shots! Go Bills!