Will more games get picked up for TV?

STLfan

I'm assuming more games will be on TV but with the season starting soon I see a lot of games on the schedule without a TV listing.

Right now on TV we have

November 20th, Washington on CBS Sports

November 24th, Boston College on ESPN

November 25th, Villanova/UC Riverside on ESPN

December 31st, New Mexico on the Mountain Network

January 11th, Temple on CBS Sports

January 14th Charlotte on CBS Sports

January 28th UMass on CBS Sports

February 25th Rode Island on CBS Sports

February 28th, Xavier on CBS Sports

That's not a bad start but not counting the exhibition games that leaves 21 games that currently aren't being listed as being on TV. In this day and age with all of the TV stations out there I would hope most if not all of our games would be aired somewhere.

I'm assuming more games will be on TV but with the season starting soon I see a lot of games on the schedule without a TV listing.

Right now on TV we have

November 20th, Washington on CBS Sports

November 24th, Boston College on ESPN

November 25th, Villanova/UC Riverside on ESPN

December 31st, New Mexico on the Mountain Network

January 11th, Temple on CBS Sports

January 14th Charlotte on CBS Sports

January 28th UMass on CBS Sports

February 25th Rode Island on CBS Sports

February 28th, Xavier on CBS Sports

That's not a bad start but not counting the exhibition games that leaves 21 games that currently aren't being listed as being on TV. In this day and age with all of the TV stations out there I would hope most if not all of our games would be aired somewhere.

If you were at the game last night they handed out a roster for the game and on the back was the schedule with game times- for those wanting this part you can see it on that handout - at the bottom of the schedule, they said that the local TV showings will be coming soon.

I'm assuming more games will be on TV but with the season starting soon I see a lot of games on the schedule without a TV listing. Right now on TV we have November 20th, Washington on CBS Sports November 24th, Boston College on ESPN November 25th, Villanova/UC Riverside on ESPN December 31st, New Mexico on the Mountain Network January 11th, Temple on CBS Sports January 14th Charlotte on CBS Sports January 28th UMass on CBS Sports February 25th Rode Island on CBS Sports February 28th, Xavier on CBS Sports That's not a bad start but not counting the exhibition games that leaves 21 games that currently aren't being listed as being on TV. In this day and age with all of the TV stations out there I would hope most if not all of our games would be aired somewhere.

I would agree with you that there needs to be be more games on TV. Your list of CBS Sports Channel (the cable channel) is not quite right. The Charlotte, UMass, and Rhode Island games are NOT on CBS Sports channel but produced by CBS Sports Channel for sale to local markets and independent regional sports channels. Historically (I believe) many of those games have been bought by a local St. Louis channel but the rest of us cannot see them (although I will be at the UMass game in person most likely).

The number produced by CBS Sports seems to be going down (thanks Linda Bruno!) not up but the number shown on the CBS Sports cable/sat channel is going up (just not showing a wide variety of teams). Temple and Xavier will be on TV a lot. SLU did a good job getting on TV in November and in the New Mexico game (better than last year) but the conference TV is not so great for SLU. ESPN is just showing the A10 on Saturdays (and mostly just early ESPNU games) so that is going to hurt the whole conference.

I would agree with you that there needs to be be more games on TV. Your list of CBS Sports Channel (the cable channel) is not quite right. The Charlotte, UMass, and Rhode Island games are NOT on CBS Sports channel but produced by CBS Sports Channel for sale to local markets and independent regional sports channels. Historically (I believe) many of those games have been bought by a local St. Louis channel but the rest of us cannot see them (although I will be at the UMass game in person most likely).

The number produced by CBS Sports seems to be going down (thanks Linda Bruno!) not up but the number shown on the CBS Sports cable/sat channel is going up (just not showing a wide variety of teams). Temple and Xavier will be on TV a lot. SLU did a good job getting on TV in November and in the New Mexico game (better than last year) but the conference TV is not so great for SLU. ESPN is just showing the A10 on Saturdays (and mostly just early ESPNU games) so that is going to hurt the whole conference.

We all have known for a long time that the TV contract she signed was worthless - how many more years left on it - I think it was for 7 years?

We all have known for a long time that the TV contract she signed was worthless - how many more years left on it - I think it was for 7 years?

-i thought it was expired or the league opted out a couple of years ago, could be wrong and probably am given the tv situation

Rhode Island just announced its TV schedule and the game in Kingston vs St Louis will be produced by CBS-R (regional). It is not a national game. The cable provider in RI (Cox) will air it locally. SLU would likely need to have a local outlet pick it up for you to see it.

Unfortunately for A-10 schools to get on tv often, they must have their own tv partner arrangements such as URI with Cox (or Xavier with Fox Sports-OH and Dayton with WHIO/Fox Sports-OH). Unfortunately, the audience for the most part is limited to just the local area.

Record Television Schedule Set for 2011-12 Men's Basketball Season

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110211aaa.html

Rhode Island TV Schedule Link

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/uri/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/schedule/schedule.pdf

Rhode Island just announced its TV schedule and the game in Kingston vs St Louis will be produced by CBS-R (regional). It is not a national game. The cable provider in RI (Cox) will air it locally. SLU would likely need to have a local outlet pick it up for you to see it.

Cool. Last year, our local cable network - Charter - picked up the Cox broadcast, and generally shows several games produced by the opposing teams' television partners.