Riverwar thoughts

DP... will start at the point ... AD couldn't check him on his best day. And thats not a knock on AD. DP is good ... he gets to the hole at will and finishes ... and he has a nice jumper pull up and from 3. He understood that it was an allstar game and was to have fun and he did. Ill won by a score of about 117-105 I'm not sure exactly ... I also don't know how many DP had but I will be surprised if it wasn't at least 40 ... maybe 50. At one time he dribbled the ball up the floor with his knees. I sat on the baseline right next to the Missouri bench ... DP has a great personality ... always smiling. It looked like him and Luke have become friends ... they stuck together on the bench.

TL ... looked ok, he has a nice little 5-8 foot pull up ... appeared sloppy with the ball ... can't check DP ... but neither could anyone else ... he looks like he is not always giving his best effort

LM... appeared to be awe struck and looked out of place at first ... improved a little with a 6 or 7 pt 3rd qtr ... but he is not quick. I can't imagine he will get many minutes next year. He appeared very timid and was not overly aggressive

On the rest ... X looked good as did JB Jones. Terry Evens is very athletic and I think will turn into a very nice player for someone. Aaron Jackson has the ability to be a good player ... but doesn't try all the time. C. Muse also is very athletic ... but no where near ready to be a player in CUSA ... a couple years in JUCO and maybe he will be very nice. I hope he and DP are close ... as I think he could turn out very good ... from what I heard he took major steps this year. J Dentman is good ... but a solid notch below DP and I am not sure he is much if any better than JB Jones. There was a 6'8" center with a big body from Elsberry who played for the STL team against KC ... he looked like what I would imagine Frericks to have looked like 2 years ago ... The program said he missed the 1st 15 games due to an injury ... but averaged 29ppg and 17rpg since he returned. I wish he would have played against the better competition. He had a nice 8-10 ft jumper and nice moves underneath and was an aggressive rebounder. Kalicek ... No way he plays in CUSA ... he is way to slow, not strong and can't jump.

Any one else go and have any other thoughts?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

My opinion was based on this game only ... that is why I asked for other opinions ... and I do not think that I am off based upon tonights game ...

What are your opinions of Lidell and Dentman ... Do you think Dentman is as good as DP.

I am not the first person to say Tommie doesn't look to be giving his all at all times ... I'm sorry but that is the way he appeared to me ... and he cannot check DP 1-1 he tried many times tonight.

I did not say Dentman was bad ... I said J.B. Jones looked good and I thought Dentman was a notch below DP and maybe no better than Jones ... if I thought Jones was good ... than that would make Dentman good also. If you had seen DP tonight ... I can't imagine you would have a different opinion.

Last ... I value all of your opinions ... and again my evaluation was just my evaluation of tonights game. I agree that there are many people who have seen them more than I and may offer more insight or a better evaluation.

from the summary i read, while polk wasnt stopped, it doesnt sound like there was much stopping of dentman either as he was high scorer on the winning team. i havent seen polk this year, but if you are saying polk is leaps and bounds better than dentman, he is going to be very very good for the billikens. dentman is the only player i have seen this year that compared to lisch ofensively, imo.

Roy ... that was the first time I saw either of them ... last night he was the better player ... I don't know if I would say Leaps and bounds better ... but he was a step up last night.

The two most impressive players at the game yesterday were Vashon's Dwayne Polk and Carbondale's Justin Dentmon, two great point guards who just led their high school teams on playoff runs. (I thought Dentmon should have been the Illinois MVP, and I told the organizers that, but he didn't get it.)

That said, Polk had it going. He blew past Dentmon a couple times and took the ball strong to the basket, despite being the smallest guy in the gym.

Dentmon will tear through the Missouri Valley Conference when he gets to Illinois State.

I agree with Skip on his assessment of Tommie Liddell last night. Tommie coasted through most of the game, but to his credit he was still good enough to score 19 points and help his team win. NO ONE should be concerned about Tommie's skills.

I also like Jake Byrne from Elsberry. He's a real nice player and does a great job in the post. If he was a little bigger -- say 6-foot-10 instead of 6-8 -- he could be a good contributor for a school like SLU.

- Nate

I thought Jake had good footwork ... seemed very coordinated and had a nice 8-10 ft shot. He looked like he could play facing the basket. I had the feeling that with some coaching he could play the 4.

Polk was clearly a standout. As for Meyer, he looked like he had a solid body. Didn't stand out, but I doubt his game is suited to these types of exhibition.

Mainly, I look for skill level. Players who stood out to me include the Oak Park player, who also showed a Liddell-type lazy streak from time to time. That #21 from Chicago (I believe) had amazing handles and athleticism. Dentman impressed me too.

skills, but it comforts me to see that I'm not the only one who might question his desire. Now it could be just maturity, competition level or other factors. However, Liddell could use a little fire.

This was an all star game filled with people looking to make highlight reel dunks ... I don't think it is fair to evaluate him on this game. I wasn't trying to do that ... just giving my opinion of this one game ... so I do not want to be counted as one who definetely thinks TL needs to have a fire lit under him

Vs Manuel at the Lincoln Tourney Champ. Game

23pt 11 assist 6 rebounds

Vs Quincy

18pts 12 rbs

Vs Hazelwood Central

16pts 10 rbs

Vs. Belleville West

29pts 8 rbs(15 3rd qrter points)

Vs Vashon

25pts 13rbs (14 3rd quarter points)

vs. Carbondale IHSA Supersectional

27pts 8 rbs (scored 13 1st quarter points) He was fouled on the last

play. I have the picture. My point is when he is challenged he responds. Leon can't do it all.