OT: Xavier Commit

Just saw on Twitter Xavier just got a commitment from Semaj Christon. They are going to continue to be very tough in the years to come.

@GoodmanCBS : #SCOOP: Semaj Christon told CBSSports.com he just committed to Xavier. Big-time get for the Musketeers.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Semaj-Christon-116888

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/127873/semaj-christon

Just saw on Twitter Xavier just got a commitment from Semaj Christon. They are going to continue to be very tough in the years to come.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Semaj-Christon-116888

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/127873/semaj-christon

They still have to prove themselves for 40 minutes a night. You can have all the talent in the world, but games still have to be played. I'm sold on the Bills shaking things up in the A-10. We haven't had a guy who can legitimately take over a game and wants the ball in his hands late like Kwamain Mitchell since Mr. Perry last laced them up for the Bills. Game-changer is a cliche, but I think the trust Mitchell has in his own ability makes him a threat every time he touches the basketball. He fears no one.

They still have to prove themselves for 40 minutes a night. You can have all the talent in the world, but games still have to be played. I'm sold on the Bills shaking things up in the A-10. We haven't had a guy who can legitimately take over a game and wants the ball in his hands late like Kwamain Mitchell since Mr. Perry last laced them up for the Bills. Game-changer is a cliche, but I think the trust Mitchell has in his own ability makes him a threat every time he touches the basketball. He fears no one.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I'm not scared of Xavier, just pointing out that they continue to be the class of the conference.

This kind of talent is also good for the entire conference.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. I'm not scared of Xavier, just pointing out that they continue to be the class of the conference.

They still have to go out and earn it! It's a good thing the NCAA just doesn't give Texas the BCS National Championship trophy ever year for having the best recruiting class in the country. Old Mack Brown would have had to ship it back after the Tea Sippers went 5-7 (2-6 Big XII) last year.

The talent doesn't mean anything if they can't mesh well on the court.

And kshoe, I'm talking about 2011-2012 here. Can't live in the past.

Agreed. As long as we aren't chasing a player they land, I think its great when they get big-time recruits. It legitimizes the A-10, it legitimizes SLU when we beat them (and we will beat them once a year the next few years) and it adds real revenue for the conference.

At the end of the day, their long-term continued success is proof that irrespective of your conference affiliation, you really can be big time with the right blend of University support, loyal fans and good fortune.

They still have to go out and earn it! It's a good thing the NCAA just doesn't give Texas the BCS National Championship trophy ever year for having the best recruiting class in the country. Old Mack Brown would have had to ship it back after the Tea Sippers went 5-7 (2-6 Big XII) last year.

You seem to be implying that somehow Xavier hasn't been "earning" it on the court. I hope thats not what you are saying because if you are, I'd check the A-10 standing and NCAA tourney results for the last 10 years if I were you.

You seem to be implying that somehow Xavier hasn't been "earning" it on the court. I hope thats not what you are saying because if you are, I'd check the A-10 standing and NCAA tourney results for the last 10 years if I were you.

This signing also proves you can keep the good one's down on the farm, he's from Cinci, if you're a winning program. I think we're taking it to X this year.... 2 times.

This signing also proves you can keep the good one's down on the farm, he's from Cinci, if you're a winning program. I think we're taking it to X this year.... 2 times.

I say 2 out of 3...one of those 2 beings to win the A10 title.

I'll be spending a lot of money at Caesar's and Harrah's if that happens. Booze and poker, CAN'T WAIT!

And kshoe, I'm talking about 2011-2012 here. Can't live in the past.

Winning 5 straight A-10 titles, and 7 or so in the past decade...the past? Lol. Multiple Elite Eights, multiple other Sweet 16's, lots and lots and lots of NCAA appearances...and...that's just the past decade.

Every SLU fan would be thrilled to have Xavier's current, most recent, and past success going back multiple decades.

Rooting for the league is rooting for SLU. With the exception of head to head matchup, always rooting for the league. You want the league to be the best it can be.

Winning 5 straight A-10 titles, and 7 or so in the past decade...the past? Lol. Multiple Elite Eights, multiple other Sweet 16's, lots and lots and lots of NCAA appearances...and...that's just the past decade.

Every SLU fan would be thrilled to have Xavier's current, most recent, and past success going back multiple decades.

Rooting for the league is rooting for SLU. With the exception of head to head matchup, always rooting for the league. You want the league to be the best it can be.

Past decade for X (2000-2010)

26+ wins 7/10 seasons

NCAA tourney: 9/10 years (2 sweet 16, 2 elite 8)

A10 champs: 6/10 years

A10 tourney champs: 3/10 years

6 NBA draft picks (2 first round), 10 playing overseas

That's a pretty good clip for just about any school. There's reasons why people don't consider X (or most of the A-10) midmajors anymore.

Past decade for X (2000-2010)

26+ wins 7/10 seasons

NCAA tourney: 9/10 years (2 sweet 16, 2 elite 8)

A10 champs: 6/10 years

A10 tourney champs: 3/10 years

6 NBA draft picks (2 first round), 10 playing overseas

That's a pretty good clip for just about any school. There's reasons why people don't consider X (or most of the A-10) midmajors anymore.

Beyond all of that, i mean, what have they really done? :D

Wow, So I just found this site, man you guys are more active and chatty then just about everyone other fan base. Definitely kudos for that. I would agree that you are some of the better fans in this league.

But, You not gonna beat X twice let alone beat them in their own building. A10 teams simply don;t win there. As for winning the tourney, we dont seem to do that well so i wouldnt be surprised if you did. We seem to just win the most conference games :/

But I am glad that X gets you guys twice. SLU was supposed to be one of the better teams in the league last year. I think that will hopefully show through this season.

Wow, So I just found this site, man you guys are more active and chatty then just about everyone other fan base. Definitely kudos for that. I would agree that you are some of the better fans in this league.

But, You not gonna beat X twice let alone beat them in their own building. A10 teams simply don;t win there. As for winning the tourney, we dont seem to do that well so i wouldnt be surprised if you did. We seem to just win the most conference games :/

But I am glad that X gets you guys twice. SLU was supposed to be one of the better teams in the league last year. I think that will hopefully show through this season.

Once in our building, once in the conference tourney. Seems reasonable to me. Thanks for stopping by!

well see here is the thing. There is a big difference between X and you guys this year. X is poised for an elite eight type run. They have everyone important back and upgraded every other position. SLU has yet to prove they can do anything. Though I do believe they will be a top team in the A10. It is SLU that must prove themselves.

But I hope you bring your best when you do come. Because X will when they visit.

4DL Thanks for having me.