Rough start for new Mizzou coach

Silly question, but when did this become TigerBoard?

You would have to ask that question to the original poster of this thread. This thread was a troll attempt to flame Mizzou by saying the new regime there is off to a poor start. It's been since pointed out by several others that the new coach and regime is off to a very good start in the early going...enough so to warrant the opposite opinion of the original poster.

You would have to ask that question to the original poster of this thread. This thread was a troll attempt to flame Mizzou by saying the new regime there is off to a poor start. It's been since pointed out by several others that the new coach and regime is off to a very good start in the early going...enough so to warrant the opposite opinion of the original poster.

Wrong. The thread was dead and hadnt been touched In over two weeks when stlinsider did a mu is great post which had virtually nothing to do with the original post. It really should have been a brand new thread.

Wrong. The thread was dead and hadnt been touched In over two weeks when stlinsider did a mu is great post which had virtually nothing to do with the original post. It really should have been a brand new thread.

No, not wrong. The answers wouldn't be any different based on time. It would be different if StlInsider started the thread from scratch and that was not the case.

That is exactly correct. It is kind of funny watching courtside and Insider put on the Truman the Tiger mask and do a bit of a MU cheerleading routine on the Billiken board.

No, not wrong. The answers wouldn't be any different based on time. It would be different if StlInsider started the thread from scratch and that was not the case.

Just about any off billikens topic discussion has been covered at some point on this board. Politics, mizzou, cardinals baseball, etc. Have all been done. Does your stance mean that any time I could go back to a thread on one of those topics, say something that has little to do with the initial post and it would still be the initial posters fault that the topic is being discussed?

Two weeks was plenty of time and the thread was dead. It's inside stl's fault for it being revived.

Just about any off billikens topic discussion has been covered at some point on this board. Politics, mizzou, cardinals baseball, etc. Have all been done. Does your stance mean that any time I could go back to a thread on one of those topics, say something that has little to do with the initial post and it would still be the initial posters fault that the topic is being discussed?

Two weeks was plenty of time and the thread was dead. It's inside stl's fault for it being revived.

People post off-topic in many threads here on a daily basis. That's how the moderators have set up the board. Unless something changes from the moderators, that will continue to be the case daily moving forward.

The original poster started this thread to flame Mizzou. There is plenty of evidence to show that a contrary opinion to the original poster, is a highly acceptable opinion.

No one forced the original poster to start this thread. I didn't start this thread. But if you are going to post something, it's always possible that others might not agree and might support that opinion with information.

Two weeks? I think you over-estimate how often many people read this board. Two weeks is current.

People post off-topic in many threads here on a daily basis. That's how the moderators have set up the board. Unless something changes from the moderators, that will continue to be the case daily moving forward.

The original poster started this thread to flame Mizzou. There is plenty of evidence to show that a contrary opinion to the original poster, is a highly acceptable opinion.

No one forced the original poster to start this thread. I didn't start this thread. But if you are going to post something, it's always possible that others might not agree and might support that opinion with information.

Two weeks? I think you over-estimate how often many people read this board. Two weeks is current.

What was so objectionable about my original post? Go back and read it. Sorry it touched a nerve, but clearly that was not a good start for a new coach, especially at a program with a long history of its players having brushes with the law. Maybe it was an isolated incident and this won't be a pattern. Maybe things have gotten better for him since. But there is no disputing that it was not a positive development for a coach that was not a very popular hire.

Sorry you view my post as a "flame." It seemed more like a mild jab to me. Good lord, you are sensitive. I have a number of friends who are die-hard Mizzou fans and even they can take a little dig. They also throw plenty my way. This is the Billiken board, right? Are we allowed to poke a little fun at other programs?

That is exactly correct. It is kind of funny watching courtside and Insider put on the Truman the Tiger mask and do a bit of a MU cheerleading routine on the Billiken board.

Here, I'll start with this post. Because I don't agree with the thread you initiated about Mizzou, you conclude that it is cheerleading. You can't handle anyone that doesn't have hate or anomosity for Mizzou. You took objective replies and made them what you wanted them to be instead of what they were based on your built in bias against Mizzou.

I have been following college hoops for more than four decades and the one thing you can always count on is that Mizzou fans will always over-rate their talent. Seems some things never change.

Next, ...here...you somehow try to generalize all Mizzou fans of the past 40 years. This is based on previous animosity you have against Mizzou, quite possibly based on your limited experience with something short of all Mizzou fabs of the last 40 years.

What was so objectionable about my original post? Go back and read it. Sorry it touched a nerve, but clearly that was not a good start for a new coach, especially at a program with a long history of its players having brushes with the law. Maybe it was an isolated incident and this won't be a pattern. Maybe things have gotten better for him since. But there is no disputing that it was not a positive development for a coach that was not a very popular hire.

Sorry you view my post as a "flame." It seemed more like a mild jab to me. Good lord, you are sensitive. I have a number of friends who are die-hard Mizzou fans and even they can take a little dig. They also throw plenty my way. This is the Billiken board, right? Are we allowed to poke a little fun at other programs?

Not sensitive. Because I don't have previous negative bias on all things Mizzou, you cannot accept an objective response that doesn't cooincide with yours.

Here, you admit that your goal by initiating this thread was to flame Mizzou...excuse me "jab" Mizzou.

You now seem surprised when your attempt at humor had multiple people objectively disagree with your conclusions based on the information at hand.

This coach will be evaluated over time based on what he accomplishes in a wide variety of areas, given the resources and circumstances with which he has at his disposal. He doesn't have anything to do with any other era there. Why would I treat him as such? I wouldn't do it at SLU or elsewhere?

And finally, you admit that in your personal experience you have had some bad experiences with some Mizzou fans and that is really the reason for your thread. A different approach would be recognizing that all programs have good, bad, and indifferent fans, including SLU. A different approach would be. Taking an approach that is different from the one that you do not like from those Mizzou fans you've encountered, instead of being like what you don't like. You took a different approach and that's your right. But don't be surprised if someone objectively disagrees with your conclusion or opinion. It isn't sensitive. If anything, being too sensitive has gotten you to start this thread in the first place. You are not alone, there are many others here like you.

If I thought Haith was off to a bad start, I'd say so. I don't. It's awfully early, but he's off to a good start. We'll see in 5 years or so.

Here, I'll start with this post. Because I don't agree with the thread you initiated about Mizzou, you conclude that it is cheerleading. You can't handle anyone that doesn't have hate or anomosity for Mizzou. You took objective replies and made them what you wanted them to be instead of what they were based on your built in bias against Mizzou.

I asked what was wrong with my original post and the answer is clearly nothing. When I started the thread several weeks ago, you had an opportunity to challenge it, but did not. The best you could do was point out that it was the not the new coach's first recruit. I clarified that at the time it was not technically the first commitment, but rather the first player who would suit up for him - a minor point anyway and that was the end of that. I wrote this - "Well things haven't turned out well for the new Mizzou coach's first recruit. It looks like the Tigers coach is running into some of the same problems that plagued the previous coaches." - and then provided a link. I posted something factual, that even you could not dispute. I don't know how anyone objectively can say that story was a good development for a coach who was not a popular hire just getting started on the job. It seems you have plenty of your own biases that shape your opinions.

I asked what was wrong with my original post and the answer is clearly nothing. When I started the thread several weeks ago, you had an opportunity to challenge it, but did not. The best you could do was point out that it was the not the new coach's first recruit. I clarified that at the time it was not technically the first commitment, but rather the first player who would suit up for him - a minor point anyway and that was the end of that. I wrote this - "Well things haven't turned out well for the new Mizzou coach's first recruit. It looks like the Tigers coach is running into some of the same problems that plagued the previous coaches." - and then provided a link. I posted something factual, that even you could not dispute. I don't know how anyone objectively can say that story was a good development for a coach who was not a popular hire just getting started on the job. It seems you have plenty of your own biases that shape your opinions.

My original post correctly noted that others committed to Mizzou under Haith prior to that recruit. I didn't comment at that time on the rest, because all of the facts of the situation hadn't come out of that particular situation. So, I chose not to comment on it, good or bad or indifferent. There are lots and lots of threads here and I don't post in many of them because I am either uninterested or not informed enough in my opinion to do so. The reasons vary.

You are exaggerating and generalizing based on a miniscule sample size of which you don't have all of the facts. And, overall, there is ample evidence that suggests Haith is doing well in multiple aspects of his job thus far. I believe he's doing quite well thus far. But as I said, we'll see over the course of the next five years or so how he does.

You've openly admitted your desire to take a jab at Mizzou, in part because individual people in your life hurt your feelings regarding SLU/Mizzou. Others have pointed out that they disagree with your assertions.

You were sensitive and got your feelings hurt, and then later you post to try to do the same to others. No one's feelings are hurt in this thread but yours. I and some others simply don't agree with what you are saying.

My original post correctly noted that others committed to Mizzou under Haith prior to that recruit. I didn't comment at that time on the rest, because all of the facts of the situation hadn't come out of that particular situation. So, I chose not to comment on it, good or bad or indifferent. There are lots and lots of threads here and I don't post in many of them because I am either uninterested or not informed enough in my opinion to do so. The reasons vary.

You are exaggerating and generalizing based on a miniscule sample size of which you don't have all of the facts. And, overall, there is ample evidence that suggests Haith is doing well in multiple aspects of his job thus far. I believe he's doing quite well thus far. But as I said, we'll see over the course of the next five years or so how he does.

You've openly admitted your desire to take a jab at Mizzou, in part because individual people in your life hurt your feelings regarding SLU/Mizzou. Others have pointed out that they disagree with your assertions.

You were sensitive and got your feelings hurt, and then later you post to try to do the same to others. No one's feelings are hurt in this thread but yours. I and some others simply don't agree with what you are saying.

You couldn't refute my orginal post then and still can't. I never said anything about how Haith's tenure would turn out. I simply mentioned it was off to a bad start at that time, especially for a program with Mizzou's history.

As for your self-proclaimed objectivity and denial that you are a cheerleader - "This will help smooth the transistion for the next couple of seasons, before Mizzou's stud classes of 2013 and beyond are seasoned." You seem downright giddy - "stud" classes? Haha!

You couldn't refute my orginal post then and still can't. I never said anything about how Haith's tenure would turn out. I simply mentioned it was off to a bad start at that time, especially for a program with Mizzou's history.

As for your self-proclaimed objectivity and denial that you are a cheerleader - "This will help smooth the transistion for the next couple of seasons, before Mizzou's stud classes of 2013 and beyond are seasoned." You seem downright giddy - "stud" classes? Haha!

In your original post, you tried to take one item, of which you don't know anything about, and come to exaggerated conclusions.

Because of your hurt feelings, you rushed to flame, uh er uh, "jab" Mizzou...and your conclusions didn't fit. Then you went on to continue this pattern in your later posts.

I made an objective factual statement. You incorrectly interpreted with emotion of which there wasn't any...possibly because emotion continues to be an issue for you. You are letting your emotions get in the way of objectivity. Coger Wainright are elite level National recruits in the 2013 class. Mizzou has also added multiple transfers which helps smooth the transisition of a new coach and regime to not have to fall too far back the first few years by simply getting in late on those first couple of incoming Frosh classes. It's a lesson SLU could learn from in the future during coaching changes.

You came here to flame/jab Mizzou out of some sort of emotional pain acquaintances of yours caused you in your opinion. You exaggerated and came to sweeping conclusions without all of the facts. Then if anyone doesn't jab at Mizzou as well, you incorrectly conclude they are giddy cheerleaders. If the facts were different, perhaps my opinion would be different, but so far in this early stage, they aren't.

In your original post, you tried to take one item, of which you don't know anything about, and come to exaggerated conclusions.

Because of your hurt feelings, you rushed to flame, uh er uh, "jab" Mizzou...and your conclusions didn't fit. Then you went on to continue this pattern in your later posts.

I made an objective factual statement. You incorrectly interpreted with emotion of which there wasn't any...possibly because emotion continues to be an issue for you. You are letting your emotions get in the way of objectivity. Coger Wainright are elite level National recruits in the 2013 class. Mizzou has also added multiple transfers which helps smooth the transisition of a new coach and regime to not have to fall too far back the first few years by simply getting in late on those first couple of incoming Frosh classes. It's a lesson SLU could learn from in the future during coaching changes.

You came here to flame/jab Mizzou out of some sort of emotional pain acquaintances of yours caused you in your opinion. You exaggerated and came to sweeping conclusions without all of the facts. Then if anyone doesn't jab at Mizzou as well, you incorrectly conclude they are giddy cheerleaders. If the facts were different, perhaps my opinion would be different, but so far in this early stage, they aren't.

My, my you are so defensive. That story about that kid was out there. Bernie Miklasz was discussing it and also raised questions about the judgement of being involved with this kid, especially given Mizzou's past. How can you say I knew "nothing" about it. I heard it talked about and read a couple of stories, so I knew something about it. You call what I did a "flame"? Wow, again you are so hyper sensitive. Some people take a lot more harsh shots at SLU right here on the Billiken board and I don't see you get all bent out of shape about it. What I said was rooted in fact. You still haven't been able to disprove that. I went back and read how this conversation transpired early and it really is amusing. You really, really tried to poke holes in my initial post, but the best you could come up with was trying something about it really not being their first recruit. Boy it was just eating at you. You just couldn't quite contain those emotions, so you had to throw something out there.

My, my you are so defensive. That story about that kid was out there. Bernie Miklasz was discussing it and also raised questions about the judgement of being involved with this kid, especially given Mizzou's past. How can you say I knew "nothing" about it. I heard it talked about and read a couple of stories, so I knew something about it. You call what I did a "flame"? Wow, again you are so hyper sensitive. Some people take a lot more harsh shots at SLU right here on the Billiken board and I don't see you get all bent out of shape about it. What I said was rooted in fact. You still haven't been able to disprove that. I went back and read how this conversation transpired early and it really is amusing. You really, really tried to poke holes in my initial post, but the best you could come up with was trying something about it really not being their first recruit. Boy it was just eating at you. You just couldn't quite contain those emotions, so you had to throw something out there.

I think there is something you don't understand. You are the only one in this conversation that is having emotional trouble. You in fact admitted to such in your posts. I don't get excited and or upset about Mizzou posts here. You have emotional trouble and scars when it comes to Mizzou. I don't. I also don't have them with other schools either.

Not being able to control your emotions is what lead youi to start a thread that "jabs" "flames" "takes unsolicted shots at" or insert also applicable term here. You said jab, so we'll use that one.

You seem to be having some trouble. Let's review. Your initial "jab" post...which by the way is no different to me than any other term you want to use...you initiated a thread to try to say something derogatory about a school that emotional bothers you. (Uh oh that emotional thing again)...anyway, let's call it what it was...

I responded by saying that Mizzou had oher commits first, and that particular recruit wasn't their first recruit. This matters because the conclusion that Mizzou was off to a bad start is one in which I don't agree.

Later you repeatedly posted more which included gross exaggerations and those were pointed out to you.

You now are going back to your original post, ignoring all of your other posts, and ...discuss whether or not Mizzou should or shouldn't be involved with that particular player. The media personality you mentioned didn't post all of those other things you poster nor did he conclude that the new regime was not doing well nor off to a poor start etc...outside of this particular situation.

You also state that you are informed because you heard people talking about it. Really?

You still don't see your hypocrisy do you? Let me try one last time to help you. You've made it repeatedly, exhaustively clear that specific people in your life have hurt your feelings with regards to Mizzou. That didn't make you feel all warm and tingly inside. Instead of taking a different approach, you repeat the cycle of flame, jab, whatever you want to call it. So, you do to others what you do not like done to you. That means those people that got under your skin, are still under there,...quite possibly enjoying a nice meal at Applebee's while comfortably still being parked under your skin.

I think there is something you don't understand. You are the only one in this conversation that is having emotional trouble. You in fact admitted to such in your posts. I don't get excited and or upset about Mizzou posts here. You have emotional trouble and scars when it comes to Mizzou. I don't. I also don't have them with other schools either.

Not being able to control your emotions is what lead youi to start a thread that "jabs" "flames" "takes unsolicted shots at" or insert also applicable term here. You said jab, so we'll use that one.

You seem to be having some trouble. Let's review. Your initial "jab" post...which by the way is no different to me than any other term you want to use...you initiated a thread to try to say something derogatory about a school that emotional bothers you. (Uh oh that emotional thing again)...anyway, let's call it what it was...

I responded by saying that Mizzou had oher commits first, and that particular recruit wasn't their first recruit. This matters because the conclusion that Mizzou was off to a bad start is one in which I don't agree.

Later you repeatedly posted more which included gross exaggerations and those were pointed out to you.

You now are going back to your original post, ignoring all of your other posts, and ...discuss whether or not Mizzou should or shouldn't be involved with that particular player. The media personality you mentioned didn't post all of those other things you poster nor did he conclude that the new regime was not doing well nor off to a poor start etc...outside of this particular situation.

You also state that you are informed because you heard people talking about it. Really?

You still don't see your hypocrisy do you? Let me try one last time to help you. You've made it repeatedly, exhaustively clear that specific people in your life have hurt your feelings with regards to Mizzou. That didn't make you feel all warm and tingly inside. Instead of taking a different approach, you repeat the cycle of flame, jab, whatever you want to call it. So, you do to others what you do not like done to you. That means those people that got under your skin, are still under there,...quite possibly enjoying a nice meal at Applebee's while comfortably still being parked under your skin.

Wow, you go further off the deep end with each post. For somebody who claims to be "objective" and free of emotion you sure get worked up over the topic of Mizzou. My initial post was quite similar to something Miklasz said around the time at that incident. I guess Bernie was also "flaming" for raising those concerns? Now maybe things have gotten better for Haith since. We all know how excited you are about the "studs" they apparently have lined up a few years from now. Oh wait, there's your emotion showing through again.

BTW, some of my best friends who I've known my whole life are Mizzou fans. I've been to numerous basketball games over the years up there and even more football games. Fortunately, we are able to engage in a little good natured ribbing from time to time. The emotional pain and "hurt feelings" you have claimed I feel about Mizzou is laughable. I think you take this stuff and yourself way too seriously. You have provided some good entertainment. I'm forwarding this conversation to some of my Tiger buddies to show them what I meanie I have been.

Haith has done well on and off the floor thus far. But, like any new coach, he'll get his so many years to see what he can do.

Filling out rosters with solid transfers is important for new coaches..to have experienced solid D-1 players ready to play and not just incoming frosh. Both Haith and his staff have been all over the place locally, regionally, Nationally this Spring...

Coger and Wainright are very high level commits. Ross and Bell are solid players. That's pretty strong considering how recent he became the coach.

What exactly has he accomplished on the floor so far?

Are there some secret games played in May and June that only you get a chance to see?

Wow, you go further off the deep end with each post. For somebody who claims to be "objective" and free of emotion you sure get worked up over the topic of Mizzou. My initial post was quite similar to something Miklasz said around the time at that incident. I guess Bernie was also "flaming" for raising those concerns? Now maybe things have gotten better for Haith since. We all know how excited you are about the "studs" they apparently have lined up a few years from now. Oh wait, there's your emotion showing through again.

BTW, some of my best friends who I've known my whole life are Mizzou fans. I've been to numerous basketball games over the years up there and even more football games. Fortunately, we are able to engage in a little good natured ribbing from time to time. The emotional pain and "hurt feelings" you have claimed I feel about Mizzou is laughable. I think you take this stuff and yourself way too seriously. You have provided some good entertainment. I'm forwarding this conversation to some of my Tiger buddies to show them what I meanie I have been.

In your rush to start a thread to troll about another school, you didn't get your facts straight. It wasn't their first recruit. And, you continued with exaggerated conclusions that didn't fit the actual situation.

What exactly has he accomplished on the floor so far?

Are there some secret games played in May and June that only you get a chance to see?

Haha! Just some more astute objective analysis. In his rush to be a cheerleader he clearly didn't get some of his facts straight.