Majerus on 101.1

ACE

He'll be on in a few minutes.

Bernie wrote some very appropriate things in his Bernie Bytes column this morning, things that seem to be lost on the average fan and some on this board.

Not much new from Majerus. However, I will say that he was in a pretty good mood and seems very encouraged by the play of all the freshmen. Was a bit critical of Remekun and feels that he should have been a lot better this season. He did say that Remekun is aware of his effort this season and has been doing better as of late. Said that KC will benefit next season from having KM and JB in the lineup as well as the developed freshmen. Bernie made an analogy that KC was put in the position of being a 3rd or 4th hitter in the lineup when he is more accustomed to being a 6th or 7th. Also, once again pointed out the overall awesomeness of Barnett as well as letting us know that he is a straight A student. Talked about politics near the end of the interview before doing the sell job for Saturday's game. Also, confirmed that it will be Eckerle's last game and had a lot of nice things to say about him.

Majerus going on a political rant now after a question was submitted about what he would do if he wasn't coaching for a living.

I always get excited when I hear Bernie say "Coach Majerus coming up next"

Then about 2 minutes into the interview I start to get a headache.

Coach mentioned that with Mitchell and Barnett on board next year, Cassity would get less minutes and move into a role he is better suited for. It was not a knock on Kyle, just recognition that ideally he shouldn't be getting 30 plus minutes per game.