SLU v. GWU GDT 1/29/11

stmdragons

I hear stuff about the kids getting tired by the end of the games and then I hear about too much practice and I hear that they need a rest and on and on. Here is what I don't get - these are young kids that, relative to most adults, have plenty of time to rest, sleep, eat. None of them have jobs. They have their meals prepared for them and they are healthy, balanced meals. They have constant trainer/physician attention. I doubt any of them are taking more than 15 hours per semester (except Eckerle). I just cannot give them a pass on being tired or not being in shape.

I agree with you on being physically tired, but mental fatigue is a whole other animal. Especially, if RM is going through one of his patented jam-as-much-information-as-possible-into-their-heads phases.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on being physically tired, but mental fatigue is a whole other animal. Especially, if RM is going through one of his patented jam-as-much-information-as-possible-into-their-heads phases.

That's a fair point. Watching 27 hours of film in a 24 hour period is over the top and probably counter productive but seems to be a RM hallmark.

Come on guys really? These are 18 to 20 year old kids. The physical fatigue factor can at times be a factor but shouldn't be much of one. Mental fatigue? Eckerle is the only one that may have a shot at this one. I don't care how much film they watch or how much information RM throws at them, it is still just playing a game with a structure that has been very successful everywhere he has been. It is a motion offense (or supposed to be) that is run the same way every day in practice and every game they play. I have NEVER heard RM say anything about someone not knowing the offensive scheme. RM expects maximum effort with a degree of basketball IQ that limits the amount of careless and lack of effort mistakes. I just don't buy information overload on the basketball floor.

Come on guys really? These are 18 to 20 year old kids. The physical fatigue factor can at times be a factor but shouldn't be much of one. Mental fatigue? Eckerle is the only one that may have a shot at this one. I don't care how much film they watch or how much information RM throws at them, it is still just playing a game with a structure that has been very successful everywhere he has been. It is a motion offense (or supposed to be) that is run the same way every day in practice and every game they play. I have NEVER heard RM say anything about someone not knowing the offensive scheme. RM expects maximum effort with a degree of basketball IQ that limits the amount of careless and lack of effort mistakes. I just don't buy information overload on the basketball floor.

I believe RM has said himself that he overloads them with information.