Rob Loe

Maybe it was just me, but I thought I saw RL being a bit smarter on both ends inside. On defense he was out of position a few times, but overall bodied up an athletic big and pushed him out of the lane. Also, he seemed to seal his man off and get the easy rebounds (without any fumbling clusterf*$!&'s). I am going ahead and saying it: improvement. Maybe he is coming up to speed on this American style basketball.

Maybe it was just me, but I thought I saw RL being a bit smarter on both ends inside. On defense he was out of position a few times, but overall bodied up an athletic big and pushed him out of the lane. Also, he seemed to seal his man off and get the easy rebounds (without any fumbling clusterf*$!&'s). I am going ahead and saying it: improvement. Maybe he is coming up to speed on this American style basketball.

Agreed. It almost seemed like someone told him to just put his hands up when defending the low post and not jump. This caused him to foul less and with his long arms actually caused tough shots for Dayton as well as a strip-block. The 7 rebounds were also nice to see. He looked a lot less clumsy on both ends than earlier in the season.

He seemed to have at least two aggressive drives to the basket, which I would love to see more of (and expect more of) over the coming years.

He hasn't always shown it this season, but I do think he has the ability to drive to the hoop from the three point arc. I couldn't find it when I looked for it a while back, but I once did see a highlight video of him, I think from the 2009 World Junior Championships that Loe, Ellis, and Salecich played in, where Loe got the ball at the top of the key and drove to the hoop for a two-handed dunk.

He hasn't always shown it this season, but I do think he has the ability to drive to the hoop from the three point arc. I couldn't find it when I looked for it a while back, but I once did see a highlight video of him, I think from the 2009 World Junior Championships that Loe, Ellis, and Salecich played in, where Loe got the ball at the top of the key and drove to the hoop for a two-handed dunk.

I think he did that in one of the very early games this season or maybe I'm confusing him with Ellis last season.

It seems that they can both move pretty well with the ball for big men and could be a means to exploit a slower defender who may defend well inside due to more weight and strength.

One of my favorite plays was when Voyoukas had the ball out near the perimeter vs. Iowa and he held his arm back straight with the ball in his hand and just dared the Iowa defender to go for it the guy took the bait and Ian took him off the dribble and drove to the basket. I loved it because this punk Iowa fan was next to me talking smack. I can't remember what he was saying specifically but all I heard was "A Bomb please kick my a$$ right here at Savvis Center" I got into it with him and this nice lady next to us told us to settle down. I can't handle people who are just too obnoxious at our home court.

Triangle's opinion only and jump on Too's ass if you want too, but. Do you really want a 6' 11 long armred guy putting the ball on the court? Sure there are isolated incidents and memories, but only if he is outside before he passes off or receives a pass in the lane very close too the basket before going up (don't really like that one either, go right up and JAM TIME!).

so it goes.

I thought played Loe and Ellis were improved on the defensive end against Dayton. It wasn't always pretty for Loe but he was fighting for boards all night.

I agree. I see definite improvement in RL's defensive game. I think he is starting to come around. I think his game will look pretty good with WR (provided he keeps his nose clean) and KM around. Here's to looking forward to next year.