SLU vs. Southern Miss GDT

stmdragons

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has SLU ever won one of these in season tournaments? Besides the Harvest Grain Billiken Classic in 1998 or something? Actually I don't recall if they won that one or not or the exact year.

why? overall that half wasn't bad

the stretch of TOs was frustrating but they shot well and generally executed well

It's frustrating because we shot the ball really well and played solid defense and are still only up by 2. Lets come out strong to start the half.

Our outside shooting is as good or better than it's been all year. But I wish we had built on that 10 point lead instead of letting them back in.

And we have at least two fouls on just about everybody. We ain't that deep to commit a bunch of fouls.

I thought they looked pretty good, played well (someone noted bad fouls), and shot decently. This team will never be mistaken for a rebounding juggernaut.

They are all sporting two fouls. Cassity's beard looks awful. Cody seems to have found a little something. Jett can take anyone but needs to curb the youthful enthusiasm as he loses things at times. McCall looks very smooth --- two threes and a drive that he looked really impressive on.

Seoncd half: need to maintain the shooting percentgaes --- SoMiss looks more athletic than anything we got. They could take it one-on-one and takeover, or they can disintegrate playing schoolyard stuff. We need to defend and help like we did on their last possession of the half. All in all, som enice points to take out of this half.