No Thunder from Down Under

Very fair points. I can't disagree with them.

Kyle shot 23% from 3 as a freshman and 33% as a sophomore. Much like KC's freshman year, CS hit 25% as a freshman. Although it's unfair at this point with only 12 shots taken, but CS is shooting 8% from 3 point range this year. I guess we should have a pretty good gauge by season's end of where he is heading.

I hope the best for CS, but unlike KC, I don't think he has as good an all-around game which would make up for his shooting deficiency. Let's hope his shooting gets a lot better...and quick.

My prediction CS hits 4 threes against Jacksonville and settles in at 35% plus remainder of season as role player; one thing you have to like about CS he keeps firing whether he hits or not.

My prediction CS hits 4 threes against Jacksonville and settles in at 35% plus remainder of season as role player; one thing you have to like about CS he keeps firing whether he hits or not.

that's what shooters are suppose to do..Just like hitters in baseball, keep swinging till you get out of a slump..Keep shooting CS it'll come

I don't like that CS keeps firing, because he keeps missing. Until he can work out the kinks in practice, we don't need him airing out his bricks in a game.

I would bet a lunch at Pappy's he doesn't make threes at 35% the rest of the year. His shot is broken right now, it takes awhile to fix. I was hoping he would do it over the summer.

Is that something we should like about CS? A player who has not yet shown he can shoot accurately to continue to shoot? That is what proven accurate shooters should do, keep shooting. I agree with NH on this one.

Salecich is shooting 20% from three if you take out his first four games (in his career). That means when he shoots a 3, there is an 80% chance he misses it. That is absolutely awful. Its not like he has great form either. He pushes the ball, and he has a terrible base.

He is an above-average defender. But he's getting passed up on the depth chart before our eyes and I bet he stays there.

No Idea comment from a wannabe basketballer.

If you push a shot you will get no rotation on the ball, try it backyard warrior!!

Base what a load of crap its all about balance and rythm, bit hard to have a base when you are shooting the J, and the main ingredient is confidence which obviously he has lost , CE is going through the same issue Stroke looks good but just lacking that confidence and arrogance he showed last year.Will it come back ? only the players themselves can answer that ,not some wannabee`s.Many players have had to deal with this at all levels and sometomes the harder you try the worse it gets.

I do believe that both will come back and be a part in this team.

No Idea comment from a wannabe basketballer.

If you push a shot you will get no rotation on the ball, try it backyard warrior!!

Base what a load of crap its all about balance and rythm, bit hard to have a base when you are shooting the J, and the main ingredient is confidence which obviously he has lost , CE is going through the same issue Stroke looks good but just lacking that confidence and arrogance he showed last year.Will it come back ? only the players themselves can answer that ,not some wannabee`s.Many players have had to deal with this at all levels and sometomes the harder you try the worse it gets.

I do believe that both will come back and be a part in this team.

Don't understand your point. Of course you don't get rotation if you push it, that's why CS shouldn't push it, which he is doing. And you say base is a load of crap, but that balance is important. Your balance comes from your base, In other words, Christian doesn't have a good base, so he is off-balance, so he misses. Even CS knows his footwork is way off, which is why he is only shooting off the dribble right now.

Confidence is critical, but you can have all the confidence in the world and still miss if your mechanics are not right.

It would be wannabees, not wannabee's/

Don't understand your point. Of course you don't get rotation if you push it, that's why CS shouldn't push it, which he is doing. And you say base is a load of crap, but that balance is important. Your balance comes from your base, In other words, Christian doesn't have a good base, so he is off-balance, so he misses. Even CS knows his footwork is way off, which is why he is only shooting off the dribble right now.

Confidence is critical, but you can have all the confidence in the world and still miss if your mechanics are not right.

It would be wannabees, not wannabee's/

Every shot i have seen him take has good rotation and a good solid wrist snap.

Balance does not come from your base , have seen many good shooters demostrate that feet position (width),stance have nothing to do with balance , its about core strength,same as taking a bump on the move and making the shot, nothing to do with base its about core strength as a sports person you would have known this. Stroking key board keys does not make you a sport person and i forgive you for that .

Every shot i have seen him take has good rotation and a good solid wrist snap.

Balance does not come from your base , have seen many good shooters demostrate that feet position (width),stance have nothing to do with balance , its about core strength,same as taking a bump on the move and making the shot, nothing to do with base its about core strength as a sports person you would have known this. Stroking key board keys does not make you a sport person and i forgive you for that .

I didn't ask for you to forgive me for anything. You don't know anything about me.

If you don't think footwork has anything to do with balance, then you are mistaken. Christian's feet are terrible right now, which you would think a "sports person" would notice. Also, Christian is violating the first thing anyone would teach you about shooting, its in the legs. He doesn't use his legs enough which leads to an inconsistent and flat shot.

You're right about his wrist action, though and his general elbow placement lends itself to thinking he could be a good shooter. All of his problems are fixable, but so far he hasn't shown the mental fortitude to properly address these problems.

I may not qualify under your definition of a "sports guy", but I know a lot about shooting mechanics, and I pay attention to our player's shots more than most fans, in warm ups and in the games.

Does it matter how he does it as long as he is putting the ball in the net? I don't care if he turns around and shoots over his head with one hand. If it works it works and he just has to find HIS stroke.

Yes, sure. But the point is, he's NOT putting it in the hoop. So, he needs to rely on fundamentals which have been proven to increase the chance of your shot going in to get back to a point where he can make it.

Jordair Jett has the worst shooting form on our team. Not coincidently, he is also the worst shooter, at least of the guards.

I don't like that CS keeps firing, because he keeps missing. Until he can work out the kinks in practice, we don't need him airing out his bricks in a game.

I would bet a lunch at Pappy's he doesn't make threes at 35% the rest of the year. His shot is broken right now, it takes awhile to fix. I was hoping he would do it over the summer.

-i don't think CS is shooting much in games and at this point and he should not be

-i wonder if any of this for CE, CS, CR is related to the dreaded second year slump some experience?

-it is a weak explanation or reason but for whatever reason it does happen to some

-also, at the meet and greet didn't both CE and CS indicate they went to aussie over our summer?

-i don't think CS is shooting much in games and at this point and he should not be

-i wonder if any of this for CE, CS, CR is related to the dreaded second year slump some experience?

-it is a weak explanation or reason but for whatever reason it does happen to some

-also, at the meet and greet didn't both CE and CS indicate they went to aussie over our summer?

for like 3 weeks

I say CS is thinking too much about fundamentals and crap like that. I'd rather him just start firing away and not think about it. You can't consistently make shots if you're thinking about doing everything exactly right. He needs to relax a bit. Shoot around after practice. Clear his head and just shoot how he knows how to shoot.

I say CS is thinking too much about fundamentals and crap like that. I'd rather him just start firing away and not think about it. You can't consistently make shots if you're thinking about doing everything exactly right. He needs to relax a bit. Shoot around after practice. Clear his head and just shoot how he knows how to shoot.

I think he should take a step or two in. He seems to hit shots just inside the 3 point line fairly consistently.

Agree.

I dont care what his form looks like he needs to shoot how he feels comfortable.

He was apparently a good shooter in Australia Im not sure if the coaches have tinkered with his shooting but whatever he was doing there he needs to do here form be damned

I bet a lot of people tried to change Reggie Millers form he had one of the ugliest shots in basketball but it worked for him.

Players need to shoot how they feel comfortbale not how a coach tells them to feel comfortbale.

Agree.

I dont care what his form looks like he needs to shoot how he feels comfortable.

He was apparently a good shooter in Australia Im not sure if the coaches have tinkered with his shooting but whatever he was doing there he needs to do here form be damned

I bet a lot of people tried to change Reggie Millers form he had one of the ugliest shots in basketball but it worked for him.

Players need to shoot how they feel comfortbale not how a coach tells them to feel comfortbale.

+1