Soccer recruit - major signing for McGinty

SLU_Billikens

Good news for @SLUMensSoccer as Sito Sasieta (Chaminade) inked NLI today. He's be a Billiken, and you'll see him in action this fall!

Don't know much about this kid...would any of you posters provide some insight? Pistol?

Great player, Great student, Great person. At Chaminade's year end soccer banquet, Coach "Vader" Gauvain called him the best player he has ever coached. That's saying a lot with the talent that Gauvain has coached over the years, at every level in this sport. You can expect big things from this kid.

Great player, Great student, Great person. At Chaminade's year end soccer banquet, Coach "Vader" Gauvain called him the best player he has ever coached. That's saying a lot with the talent that Gauvain has coached over the years, at every level in this sport. You can expect big things from this kid.

Great. Do you guys know if any other schools were going after him? i.e. Indiana, Notre Dame>

Great. Do you guys know if any other schools were going after him? i.e. Indiana, Notre Dame>

I am not sure. I do know that at Chaminade's year end soccer banquet, Vader was talking about him playing for SLU, and I am pretty sure Sito had verbally committed by that point. Not sure if there were any other schools still in the mix.

I am not sure. I do know that at Chaminade's year end soccer banquet, Vader was talking about him playing for SLU, and I am pretty sure Sito had verbally committed by that point. Not sure if there were any other schools still in the mix.

Awesome. Sounds like a hell of a player. Good kid too.

Sasieta should be valedictorian of his class, if his first-place class ranking holds up. Most publications call him a '4.0 student', but at Chaminade that's hard to assess because they do things based on a percentage system and not a typical 4-point GPA scale. Either way, the kid's a brain.

He's touted as a big 'character' guy in everything I've read about him- involved in tons of extracurriculars, leader within the school, and all that jazz. Parents own a pizza restaurant on the IL side, but I'm not sure which one. There was a writeup about him in one of my alumni newsletters that was very impressive, but I think I threw that in the recycling bin a long time ago.

He was one of the ESPN RISE national athletes of the week back in September. Last I saw, he was #91 in the national recruiting rankings (TopDrawerSoccer), but #1 in the area and in Missouri (an unusually weak showing in the national rankings for the area, I might add). It still says a lot to be the best player in a perenially-loaded soccer region, though. I don't think he's considered to be the same tier recruit as Brad Davis but he still should be an instant impact center mid. He's small, which is probably a reason he's lower in the rankings, at 5-8, 135-145 (depending on the source). He's in the US Soccer Development Academy, though I don't think he's cracked the US National roster for his age group at any point.

I think he committed to SLU back in the fall or late summer of 2009. It's nice to see McGinty step in and seal the deal. I'm not sure what schools were on him before the commitment.

Sasieta should be valedictorian of his class, if his first-place class ranking holds up. Most publications call him a '4.0 student', but at Chaminade that's hard to assess because they do things based on a percentage system and not a typical 4-point GPA scale. Either way, the kid's a brain.

He's touted as a big 'character' guy in everything I've read about him- involved in tons of extracurriculars, leader within the school, and all that jazz. Parents own a pizza restaurant on the IL side, but I'm not sure which one. There was a writeup about him in one of my alumni newsletters that was very impressive, but I think I threw that in the recycling bin a long time ago.

He was one of the ESPN RISE national athletes of the week back in September. Last I saw, he was #91 in the national recruiting rankings (TopDrawerSoccer), but #1 in the area and in Missouri (an unusually weak showing in the national rankings for the area, I might add). It still says a lot to be the best player in a perenially-loaded soccer region, though. I don't think he's considered to be the same tier recruit as Brad Davis but he still should be an instant impact center mid. He's small, which is probably a reason he's lower in the rankings, at 5-8, 135-145 (depending on the source). He's in the US Soccer Development Academy, though I don't think he's cracked the US National roster for his age group at any point.

I think he committed to SLU back in the fall or late summer of 2009. It's nice to see McGinty step in and seal the deal. I'm not sure what schools were on him before the commitment.

Good insight. Recruits from the MCC (especially CCP) always seem to have more than just athletics going for them. Thanks, pistol.

Good to see that Sito signed. I think he had made a verbal commitment a good while ago, but I had read on another forum that in SLU's absence of a head coach, he was considering whether or not to play for an Ivy League school, which I think was Yale.

Wow...interesting choice. SLU over Yale. Good call.

Good to see that Sito signed. I think he had made a verbal commitment a good while ago, but I had read on another forum that in SLU's absence of a head coach, he was considering whether or not to play for an Ivy League school, which I think was Yale.

Interesting; Harvard is traditionally the soccer power in that conference, and another fairly recent Chaminade grad (Matt Hoff, class of 2003) went there on a soccer scholarship.

Anyway, glad to see SLU beating out an Ivy.

Any insight regarding the other two: Roeckle and the guy out of Milwaukee who also signed?

Check your pm's.

As many people know these kids committed to SLU well over a year ago.

Nothing new here.

McBride going the full 90 with a goal last weekend for Chicago

Barklage going 70 minutes for DC United

Ream going the full 90 in road win at Seattle

I had heard this also.

I thought we lost Sito.

Great job by McGinty.