Grand Valley Billiken Athletics Complex

bk18

Grand Valley Billiken Athletics Complex  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should SLU develop some old buildings S of 64-40 into a track, tennis courts, and field hockey fields

• YES, it would be a great investment for the university
    • NO, we should still have these teams practice off campus on non-SLU facilities

Dropped the ball again.

Did a "Bill Buckner".

SLU is not playing baseball at Busch Stadium this year.

They played Missouri last yr, April 1st, a HUGE recruiting tool if they would do it every year.

BUT goddam Missouri plays Illinois at Busch this Weds nite.

That hurts. B)

Dropped the ball again.

Did a "Bill Buckner".

SLU is not playing baseball at Busch Stadium this year.

They played Missouri last yr, April 1st, a HUGE recruiting tool if they would do it every year.

BUT goddam Missouri plays Illinois at Busch this Weds nite.

That hurts. :angry:

They are not playing Missouri at all this year and I don't know if it will happen in the near future.

When the Cards had turf on the old stadium SLU would played a series there almost every year.

They are not playing Missouri at all this year and I don't know if it will happen in the near future.

When the Cards had turf on the old stadium SLU would played a series there almost every year.

SLU baseball should play a game at Busch every year for recruiting purposes.

But not MU every yr.

Rotate vs MU, Ill, Mo St, So Ill, etc, so the opponents cannot ALSO use as recruiting tool.

Now this.

So when I see not only are Billiikens NOT playing this yr at Busch, but Mizzou IS, makes me sick. :angry:

SLU baseball should play a game at Busch every year for recruiting purposes.

But not MU every yr.

Rotate vs MU, Ill, Mo St, So Ill, etc, so the opponents cannot ALSO use as recruiting tool.

Now this.

So when I see not only are Billiikens NOT playing this yr at Busch, but Mizzou IS, makes me sick. :angry:

The game at Busch was a Mizzou thing. They were the ones who "rented" the stadium. But I agree we should play a game at Busch.

The Armory was the first home for the Billikens basketball team.

late sixties we used to march in there for Air Force ROTC-it was very dark; I know that baseball and softball practices and games took place in there

then and years later. Someone must of spent money for lights.

Hope the U had structural engineers do an estimate of integrity of the building and costs to fix it before they turned it down. It wasn't really that far from campus. We do seem to be meandering wtih Med School coming a block or so East of Grand and they just gave a building away at Compton and Chouteau for medical outreach services to spanish speaking people.