Majerus gets a vote for AP Coach of the Year

That is awesome. I was hoping he would get some love. I commented on several boards on the subject in the last couple of months. Taking a team picked to go 12th in the A-10 to 4th with the youngsters that he did it with, truly is amazing.

I mostly agree with the list. I think Dave Rose at BYU deserves a little credit for what he had to go through and the year they had. I have no problem with the top three--although I probably would have had alford second and much closer to Boeheim--if I controlled the world. Jim rightfully deserved the award. Also a little surprised Chris Mooney didn't get any love--he had a great year Richmond. I really like that Dunphy finished high--he should have been 3rd in my opinion. Self and Calipari both are cop out votes by AP writers that don't know a damn thing about college basketball, in my opinion. Give any college basketball coach either of those rosters and see how they do--I bet they still reach 30 wins. Heck even with an average junior high coach they both still get 28. Anyway Drew's vote was VERY well deserved. Really the rest are all good picks.

Here is my top ten:

1) Jim Boeheim

2) Steve Alford

3) Fran Dunphy

4) Rick Majerus

5) Dave Rose

6) Scott Drew

7) Frank Martin

8) Chris Mooney

9) Matt Painter

10) Jamie Dixon

That is awesome. I was hoping he would get some love. I commented on several boards on the subject in the last couple of months. Taking a team picked to go 12th in the A-10 to 4th with the youngsters that he did it with, truly is amazing.

I mostly agree with the list. I think Dave Rose at BYU deserves a little credit for what he had to go through and the year they had. I have no problem with the top three--although I probably would have had alford second and much closer to Boeheim--if I controlled the world. Jim rightfully deserved the award. Also a little surprised Chris Mooney didn't get any love--he had a great year Richmond. I really like that Dunphy finished high--he should have been 3rd in my opinion. Self and Calipari both are cop out votes by AP writers that don't know a damn thing about college basketball, in my opinion. Give any college basketball coach either of those rosters and see how they do--I bet they still reach 30 wins. Heck even with an average junior high coach they both still get 28. Anyway Drew's vote was VERY well deserved. Really the rest are all good picks.

Here is my top ten:

1) Jim Boeheim

2) Steve Alford

3) Fran Dunphy

4) Rick Majerus

5) Dave Rose

6) Scott Drew

7) Frank Martin

8) Chris Mooney

9) Matt Painter

10) Jamie Dixon

How about Bruce Pearl with what he went through with losing players this year. How about the guy (his name escapes me) at Butler

How about Bruce Pearl with what he went through with losing players this year. How about the guy (his name escapes me) at Butler

Excellent. You know what--he was #4 on one my previous top tens. I totally spaced him on that. He is very deserving. the Butler coach--wel they kind of did what they were supposed to do--win going away in the Horizon. Now as for making the final four that is whole other thing. coach of the year is for regular season (perhaps conf tourneys only)

Didn't Bruce Pearl recruit the guys that were busted with the marijuana? Therefore, he is partially responsible for the embarrassment it brought to the school. He did the best overcoming that but if he recruited better citizens or mentored them better perhaps he wouldn't be in that predicament in the first place.

Didn't Bruce Pearl recruit the guys that were busted with the marijuana? Therefore, he is partially responsible for the embarrassment it brought to the school. He did the best overcoming that but if he recruited better citizens or mentored them better perhaps he wouldn't be in that predicament in the first place.

Tyler Smith was a transfer from Iowa. I don't know much about the other guys, but Smith wasn't a Pearl recruit per se. I don't know how long Tom Davis has been gone from Iowa or I'd blame Smith on him.

Tyler Smith was a transfer from Iowa. I don't know much about the other guys, but Smith wasn't a Pearl recruit per se. I don't know how long Tom Davis has been gone from Iowa or I'd blame Smith on him.

Tom Davis has been gone from Iowa for quite a while. With Iowa's hiring of Fran McCaffery, they are now on their third coach since Davis left. My guess is that Tyler Smith was recruited to Iowa by Steve Alford, who was Davis' successor.

Tom Davis has been gone from Iowa for quite a while. With Iowa's hiring of Fran McCaffery, they are now on their third coach since Davis left. My guess is that Tyler Smith was recruited to Iowa by Steve Alford, who was Davis' successor.

I had forgotten Alford. Thank you for that.