Billikens 9 point underdog

Billboy1

Pomeroy says 7

"Mon Mar 29 (55) Virginia Commonwealth L, 67-60 64 21% Away "

Thinks we will lose by 7 and only gives us a 21% chance of winning. Also says we only have a 49% chance of winning on Wednesday at home. :)

Of course he said we would lose by 13 at Dayton and we know how that turned out. :lol:

Pomeroy says 7

"Mon Mar 29 (55) Virginia Commonwealth L, 67-60 64 21% Away "

Thinks we will lose by 7 and only gives us a 21% chance of winning. Also says we only have a 49% chance of winning on Wednesday at home. :)

Of course he said we would lose by 13 at Dayton and we know how that turned out. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that the problem with KP's #s is that it doesn't take into account the CE factor.

I do not have time to figure out his stats, but what I find interesting is that he lists KC as havin a limited role. To me that is a glaring example of why stats do not tell the whole story. KC gets tough defensive assignments every game and at times make a crucial basket or two when KM or WR are out/having bad game. He has no stat for heart or clutch........

that said VCU had some good wins, RI, Richmond, these ought to be very good game. I really would like to see us take the game there!

I do not have time to figure out his stats, but what I find interesting is that he lists KC as havin a limited role. To me that is a glaring example of why stats do not tell the whole story. KC gets tough defensive assignments every game and at times make a crucial basket or two when KM or WR are out/having bad game. He has no stat for heart or clutch........

that said VCU had some good wins, RI, Richmond, these ought to be very good game. I really would like to see us take the game there!

I noticed their Richmond win also. However they beat Richmond in December before we did. Also noticed that an awfull lot of their wins were against teams with high 100's and 200+ RPI rankings.

Imagine that is why they got passed over just like us. :)

The role stats are determined by the # of possessions that flow through the player (ie. where they get a point, assist, rebound, or otherwise.)

9 is about right.

VCU's athletic agressive style is such that they could run us out of the place, we could tire badly in the 2nd half, and lose by 18.

A la the BU @ VCU game.

They are deep, and we only have 3 guards, all of whom start, all 3 are key to our defense against the "3".

They have a top flight guard Rodriguez and big man Larry Sanders is NBA bound, should go in first round; athletic, long, mature, etc, the full package.

Colonial conference has done fairly well ATS in the post season playoffs.

So a lot of bettors will jump on VCU.

Maybe Majerus will find a way to slow it down, cut them off... he is a great x & o strategist.

from the alton telegraph article:

The Billikens have struggled at times with turnovers. And that's one aspect the Rams hope to exploit.

"We're not ball strong sometimes," said Cockstrong. "Part of it's fatigue. Part of it is strength and part of it is lack of athletic ability. But the kids are great. And this tournament has been great for us."

9 is about right.

VCU's athletic agressive style is such that they could run us out of the place, we could tire badly in the 2nd half, and lose by 18.

A la the BU @ VCU game.

They are deep, and we only have 3 guards, all of whom start, all 3 are key to our defense against the "3".

They have a top flight guard Rodriguez and big man Larry Sanders is NBA bound, should go in first round; athletic, long, mature, etc, the full package.

Colonial conference has done fairly well ATS in the post season playoffs.

So a lot of bettors will jump on VCU.

Maybe Majerus will find a way to slow it down, cut them off... he is a great x & o strategist.

Sh*t.

They pressed and swarmed all over us, but we get 2 FT's, they get 14.

They got some pts off turnovers, we tried to run too much in early action.

CE does not look right with his 3's... shoulder? Seems to be a problem last 3-4 games.

VCU depth is tough to deal with... with our 3 guards that all start... no way they play at 100% level full game.

2nd game in SL betting line will be "pick-em", maybe VCU 1 or 2 pt favorite.

Regroup, kick their ass.