Anyone know if their are free student tickets for tonights game

DRose1

First of all look at what a Bills game has to compete with, in terms of students' time:

SLU is a very academically oriented school and even though it sounds incredibly lame but a lot of students would rather be studying than at an amazing basketball game. After all this is the reason why SLU even exists.

A party. Generally a party here at SLU is $5 at the door all you can drink if it isn't BYOB.

Students are in general lazy. The average student isn't going to go to the game without at least 2 or more of their friends. Therefore if there are a lot of tests or a great party people aren't going to go to the games by themselves and leave their friends behind.

Time is money. A game generally runs more than 2 hours during a time when most students have free. If they are like me free time is very valuable (and rare) I like to spend it relaxing or trying to catch up on school work. I dont consider games as free time because I am a devoted fan and have been to every game excluding the ones during winter break.

So to get students to game its going to take a lot of word of mouth, prior planning, a few extra bucks, and a group effort. This is just in general and I know the posters on this board are far from the general student fan, but these are all factors we have to look at when getting students to come to games. I do agree that the price of tickets should go down to $5 or less.

First of all look at what a Bills game has to compete with, in terms of students' time:

SLU is a very academically oriented school and even though it sounds incredibly lame but a lot of students would rather be studying than at an amazing basketball game. After all this is the reason why SLU even exists.

A party. Generally a party here at SLU is $5 at the door all you can drink if it isn't BYOB.

Students are in general lazy. The average student isn't going to go to the game without at least 2 or more of their friends. Therefore if there are a lot of tests or a great party people aren't going to go to the games by themselves and leave their friends behind.

Time is money. A game generally runs more than 2 hours during a time when most students have free. If they are like me free time is very valuable (and rare) I like to spend it relaxing or trying to catch up on school work. I dont consider games as free time because I am a devoted fan and have been to every game excluding the ones during winter break.

So to get students to game its going to take a lot of word of mouth, prior planning, a few extra bucks, and a group effort. This is just in general and I know the posters on this board are far from the general student fan, but these are all factors we have to look at when getting students to come to games. I do agree that the price of tickets should go down to $5 or less.

Again, this is a lame excuse for people.

Obviously this isn't aimed at you, rather I'm calling out those busybodies that I see around campus that act like they have a hard schedule or something.

Everyone in college has stuff going on, but free time isn't really as rare as you make it seem.

Obviously this isn't aimed at you, rather I'm calling out those busybodies that I see around campus that act like they have a hard schedule or something.

Everyone in college has stuff going on, but free time isn't really as rare as you make it seem.

+1

I agree. I guess the season ticket holders with full time jobs plus families have all the free time in the world...

Also, so students would rather go to a party then go to the game? Games this year are over at 9:30 at the latest. Do students go to parties at 7pm nowadays?

I agree. I guess the season ticket holders with full time jobs plus families have all the free time in the world...

Also, so students would rather go to a party then go to the game? Games this year are over at 9:30 at the latest. Do students go to parties at 7pm nowadays?

This may have been posted earlier but at the end of the SLUBILLKENS.com story on the VCU games was the following:

The first 500 students to present a valid SLU ID at the Billiken Ticket Office will receive free tickets to both home games of the championship series.

i wanted to tell the student section i was watching for the mimick by the crew of the cheerleaders last night and when you all did it i lmao. that is good stuff.

one suggestion, put a stick or ruler or something behind the extended arm of the blow up willie reed. that saggy extended arm is not good.

after weeks now, i still chuckle when urkle comes out.

the mustard costume was good last night.

where was conklin blow up last night. since the opposing players hate conklin anyway, a blow up of brian in their face as they are shooting will always be effective.

how about the 101 fm chant, "hey we want greg odin". but change it to the name of the free throw shooter. if i was shooting a free throw in a strange arena and all at once a couple hundred kids are chanting that. i would be distracted.

good job students. while you still dont have the consistent numbers, your body of actual work imo is quality.