Bleacherreport Bracket projection

bsheldon

it struck me when reading the above report, i wonder if there is a similar story in the MVC to our billikens. and low and behold, Illinois state has 5 wins in a row and 6 out of the last 7 and is right beside us in the rpi at 83.

has anyone seen illinois state getting similar mention at these national sites? NO. those of you that think the mvc is the place to be. please take note.

it struck me when reading the above report, i wonder if there is a similar story in the MVC to our billikens. and low and behold, Illinois state has 5 wins in a row and 6 out of the last 7 and is right beside us in the rpi at 83.

has anyone seen illinois state getting similar mention at these national sites? NO. those of you that think the mvc is the place to be. please take note.

And the fact that ISU has the worst non conference SOS in all the land. MVC is a two bid max league this year I would think. If UNI loses in the tourney, it may have a chance to beat the Pac10 with 2 bids.

The A10 definitely beats the pac10 in bids this year. If anyone besides the tourney winner gets in, I will lose faith in the selection process.

If anyone besides the tourney winner gets in, I will lose faith in the selection process.

California will get in if it loses in the conference tournament. The Pac 10 will get two teams. I've been saying all along (not necessarily here) not to be surprised to see the Pac 10 get at least one at-large bid this year.

California will get in if it loses in the conference tournament. The Pac 10 will get two teams. I've been saying all along (not necessarily here) not to be surprised to see the Pac 10 get at least one at-large bid this year.

Cal won't lose the conference tournament, unless it "throws" a game so the Pac-10 will get two teams in. Mid-Major conspiracy theorists will unite.

Cal won't lose the conference tournament, unless it "throws" a game so the Pac-10 will get two teams in. Mid-Major conspiracy theorists will unite.

They're not undefeated in conference, so I don't think they have to "throw" a game in the tourney to lose. Some team fighting for its only chance will have more urgency and beat them.

They're not undefeated in conference, so I don't think they have to "throw" a game in the tourney to lose. Some team fighting for its only chance will have more urgency and beat them.

I could see UCLA pull an upset, given the home cooking advantage of the conference tournament being in L.A. The Fightin' NCAA Violation Trojans could also shock the world.

Be careful bragging too much about the MVC vs. A-10. I did that to my boss just a couple days ago when I told him we'd get 5 in and he said he'd take the under. Dayton and Charlotte losing over the weekend make 5 look like the best case.

There is a very reasonable chance its only 3 for the A-10. If Anybody but UNI wins the Valley tourney, they will get 2. When you factor in that there are 14 teams in the A-10 vs. 10 in the Valley, our 3 teams vs. their 2 won't look so impressive.

Be careful bragging too much about the MVC vs. A-10. I did that to my boss just a couple days ago when I told him we'd get 5 in and he said he'd take the under. Dayton and Charlotte losing over the weekend make 5 look like the best case.

There is a very reasonable chance its only 3 for the A-10. If Anybody but UNI wins the Valley tourney, they will get 2. When you factor in that there are 14 teams in the A-10 vs. 10 in the Valley, our 3 teams vs. their 2 won't look so impressive.

The only trouble NIU might get in the Arch Madness is Bradley. They are a tough out, but inconsistent. The same team that beat an ok Illinois team out in Vegas has lost to Western Carolina, Loyola Chicago and got swept by ISU (with a blowout in Normal). Although Jim Les' squad only lost by 2 to UNI in Cedar Falls, then beat them in Peoria, Bradley could be a one-and-done team in St. Louis...

SIU might give them a run because they travel so well and have a ton of seats filled at Scottrade and Creighton always seems to enjoy the water in St. Louis, so you never know.

The only trouble NIU might get in the Arch Madness is Bradley. They are a tough out, but inconsistent. The same team that beat an ok Illinois team out in Vegas has lost to Western Carolina, Loyola Chicago and got swept by ISU (with a blowout in Normal). Although Jim Les' squad only lost by 2 to UNI in Cedar Falls, then beat them in Peoria, Bradley could be a one-and-done team in St. Louis...

SIU might give them a run because they travel so well and have a ton of seats filled at Scottrade and Creighton always seems to enjoy the water in St. Louis, so you never know.

This is college basketball. Upsets happen all the time, especially when one team is not as motivated as another. Xavier didn't win the A-10 the past two years despite clearly being the class of the league. I'd put the odds on UNI or Cal winning their respective conference tourneys at less than 50% each.

EXCELLENT POST kshoe.

I agree 100% that the most realistic projection for the A-10 is 3 teams...assuming Temple, Richmond or Xavier wins the tourny. If we beat Xavier, they move directly to the bubble and we could be down to 2 teams in the tourny...again assuming we don't win the a-10 tourny or another random team does.

Premature bragging about the A-10 over the MVC is frankly pathetic and needs to stop. Not only that, who cares about just getting into the tourny? An A-10 team needs to make a run...just like MVC teams have done in the past with Bradley making the Sweet 16.

I think we beat Xavier, knock their hopes of the tourny down a peg or two. We are in the bubble busting business here at SLU. Great for us, bad for the A-10.

When did Northern Illinois join the MVC? Did they get fed up with the MAC? ;)

When did Northern Illinois join the MVC? Did they get fed up with the MAC? ;)

Northern

Iowa

University

there's also another SLU

Southeastern

Louisiana

University

there are two USCs (southern cal and south carolina)

a number of ISU's (Illinois State, Indiana State, Idaho State)

There's an Indiana University in Pennsylvania (http://www.iup.edu/)

Actually, our KSLU and their KSLU got in a slugfest over naming rights a few years ago. (http://www2.selu.edu/kslu/)

Don't even try.

Northern

Iowa

University

there's also another SLU

Southeastern

Louisiana

University

there are two USCs (southern cal and south carolina)

a number of ISU's (Illinois State, Indiana State, Idaho State)

There's an Indiana University in Pennsylvania (http://www.iup.edu/)

Actually, our KSLU and their KSLU got in a slugfest over naming rights a few years ago. (http://www2.selu.edu/kslu/)

Don't even try.

They go by UNI.

i stand corrected, good sir. I just call them the Fightin' Warners.

I'm pretty sure most people do now. I'm also pretty sure their quarterbacks are forced to practice by throwing toilet paper rolls down grocery store aisles.