Porter Moser did the postgame interview 101.1 tonight

GOSLU68

mentioned things that they practiced that worked in the game.

also mentioned that they need to learn to run the score up instead of trying to sit on a lead-obviously, this team has a problem with a 10 plus points lead and 5-10 minutes to go

I got the impression that SLU is going to start pitching Moser around to the local media. Rick has a disdain for it, and Porter has really impressed the staff with his ability to, as you say, get in-get out and be insightful. Majerus will stick to the big national boys and Porter can woo the local crowd.

As a side note, though: the practices are open to the media, but you don't see anyone coming. I know the whole thing isn't opened, but still, they asked for it, now where are they?

Porter is much better at these things than Rick is. If Rick doesn't like to do them I think it is better for all concerned that he turns that over to Porter. Rick is a great coach but Porter is a better one to deal with the local media. He makes a very good impression. Rick doesn't always.

Porter is much better at these things than Rick is. If Rick doesn't like to do them I think it is better for all concerned that he turns that over to Porter. Rick is a great coach but Porter is a better one to deal with the local media. He makes a very good impression. Rick doesn't always.

I hope it stays this way. I really like Porter. He comes across as real, like their just having a conversation without a lot of coach speak.

I hope it stays this way. I really like Porter. He comes across as real, like their just having a conversation without a lot of coach speak.

Porter a great guy.

In early December when I caught the Bills playing Georgia in Athens, GA, I was standing near the basket catching the Bills doing the pre-game warm-ups. Porter, seeing I was wearing a blue Bills Basketball tee-shirt, came over to me shaking my hand. Then thanked me for coming and for the support. Also, we exchanged some other pleasantries and I wished him and the team good luck (it didn't help that night :( ).

I got the impression that SLU is going to start pitching Moser around to the local media. Rick has a disdain for it, and Porter has really impressed the staff with his ability to, as you say, get in-get out and be insightful. Majerus will stick to the big national boys and Porter can woo the local crowd.

As a side note, though: the practices are open to the media, but you don't see anyone coming. I know the whole thing isn't opened, but still, they asked for it, now where are they?

My guess is that all they wanted to do was ***** about something early on because they all thought they would get to interview RM when they came. By now the all realize that he does not want to talk to them so they don't care anymore. RM has handled this whole media thing wrong and has really fouled up this year in particular.

Guest BillikenReport

I would guess that most of the local media either don't know that practices are open and don't really care that practices are open.

The local TV guys would probably want to shoot some video from time to time when doing stories on the players, but considering only a few players are allowed to talk to the media, that doesn't do them much good.

The local radio guys, the ones who don't work for the newspaper or TV stations, don't really go out and "cover" anything -- basically they just watch the games on TV and then act like they know what they are talking about the next day. Well, I should probably say the guys who aren't working for 101.1. Those radio-only beat guys, like Feldman (Cardinals) and Stull (Rams) and Casey (Blues), work hard at their jobs.

Other guys who host shows but don't do any reporting are stealing money.

Hands down Porter is a much better post-game interview. I've mentioned more than once to my dad that Rick has to be the easiest interview that Earl has ever conducted. Typical post-game interview...Earl starts of by saying "good game coach" and Rick rambles for 10 mins or so, always saying a slightly different version of the same thing (thanks to the fans, etc.) and doesn't really ever say anything interesting, only to be followed up by Earl saying "thanks coach". Not really trying to knock Rick, but Porter is much more interesting to listen to.

Porter saying he thought Christian had 8 fouls last night is hilarious.

Hands down Porter is a much better post-game interview. I've mentioned more than once to my dad that Rick has to be the easiest interview that Earl has ever conducted. Typical post-game interview...Earl starts of by saying "good game coach" and Rick rambles for 10 mins or so, always saying a slightly different version of the same thing (thanks to the fans, etc.) and doesn't really ever say anything interesting, only to be followed up by Earl saying "thanks coach". Not really trying to knock Rick, but Porter is much more interesting to listen to.

Porter saying he thought Christian had 8 fouls last night is hilarious.

Could not agree more!