1-13-2010 in the A-10

Hey, those standings aren't completely up-to-date, as Rhode Island got a win tonight. I may have to wait until tomorrow to post that.

The standings are up to date. Rhode Island actually lost to St. Joes tonight. The score is reversed in the previous post.

The standings are up to date. Rhode Island actually lost to St. Joes tonight. The score is reversed in the previous post.

Rhode Island won. Easily too. Its pretty surprising how far St. joes has fallen this year.

Here are the standings

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/conferences/standings?confId=3

Obviously, I want SLU to do as well as possible. After that, the thing I want most is for the 5 teams (RI, Temple, Xavier, Dayton and Richmond) with a realistic shot at an at-large bid to do well and finish near the top of the league. So far things have worked out OK as the only losses that group has are Richmond to SLU and RI to Temple.

Rhode Island won. Easily too. Its pretty surprising how far St. joes has fallen this year.

Here are the standings

Obviously, I want SLU to do as well as possible. After that, the thing I want most is for the 5 teams (RI, Temple, Xavier, Dayton and Richmond) with a realistic shot at an at-large bid to do well and finish near the top of the league. So far things have worked out OK as the only losses that group has are Richmond to SLU and RI to Temple.

At halftime, Earl gave the score of the Rhode Island/St. Joes game and RI was up by pretty much. However, on the A-10 site where it lists schedules, it shows St. Joes won. On the recap site from last night it shows RI won. The CBS site also shows RI won. So I retract my earlier statement. The standings on the A-10 site are incorrect, and should show RI with a win.

At halftime, Earl gave the score of the Rhode Island/St. Joes game and RI was up by pretty much. However, on the A-10 site where it lists schedules, it shows St. Joes won. On the recap site from last night it shows RI won. The CBS site also shows RI won. So I retract my earlier statement. The standings on the A-10 site are incorrect, and should show RI with a win.

the lesson to be learned: Never trust anything that comes directly from the A-10!

Here are the standings

Why are Temple and Dayton not listed as being a 1/2 game back as we are - all 3 have the same conf. record.

LaSalle is a difficult team to figure. I know they suffered an injury to one of their better players, but they are tall and have some of the best athletes in the league. In fact, they were far more athletic than the BCS opponents in the games I have seen them play. It might be a lack of a true point guard, but something is missing.

the lesson to be learned: Never trust anything that comes directly from the A-10!

I found this on the A-10 website.

• The A-10 (TU, URI, XU, UR, UD) and Big East are the lone conferences with six teams in the top 33 of the RPI.

Am I missing something or can't people in the A-10 count?