A few updates on Ellis and Loe

dneuner

Majerus had a Q&A with students tonight. Only two new pieces of information (from all the conversations I've had with him) came out of it, and I thought I'd share them here.

1. Ellis is .05 points away from being cleared, but the NCAA is holding him back. Majerus does not think highly of the NCAA or the situation, and does not know if the issue will be resolved by the start of the next semester. I assume the answer to the school today or Friday was no and the school is now appealing.

2. Majerus acknowledged that a recruit (a big as he said) had visited. He thought the visit went well. He did say that the recruit was going to visit other schools. Since we all know that Loe was visiting, we can do some deductions here. I know Loe had been recruited initially by UK, but has narrowed it to three schools: SLU, Pitt, and Colorado. So the waiting game begins on that..

Also, as a note... Majerus noted that he has no scholarships for 2011, and has already shifted towards recruiting for 2012. He said he can tell you right now the top 12 recruits of that class and he's been in touch with every one. He also said that two assistants were out recruiting right now, and Al Jensen was leaving tomorrow to recruit (was going to make it hard to practice, according to RickMa).

Majerus also said he did realize that some players may leave the program, and he hoped to have all the scholarships full and have two walk-ons next year to fill that void, should it happen. He did not name names but just simply said some people aren't made for his style of ball and if they can't show the level of play he's expecting, he may encourage them to go elsewhere.

So there you go.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus had a Q&A with students tonight. Only two new pieces of information (from all the conversations I've had with him) came out of it, and I thought I'd share them here.

1. Ellis is .05 points away from being cleared, but the NCAA is holding him back. Majerus does not think highly of the NCAA or the situation, and does not know if the issue will be resolved by the start of the next semester. I assume the answer to the school today or Friday was no and the school is now appealing.

2. Roe, after being recruited heavily by UK (among others) has settled on three schools: Colorado, Pittsburgh, and SLU. He visits Colorado tomorrow and Pittsburgh on Thursday, assuming he can get out of Denver. Majerus made the comment that his parents were ready to sign and that Roe was impressed with the school, the program, and the fans chanting his name.

Also, as a note... Majerus noted that he has no scholarships for 2011, and has already shifted towards recruiting for 2012. He said he can tell you right now the top 12 recruits of that class and he's been in touch with every one. He also said that two assistants were out recruiting right now, and Al Jensen was leaving tomorrow to recruit (was going to make it hard to practice, according to RickMa).

Majerus also said he did realize that some players may leave the program, and he hoped to have all the scholarships full and have two walk-ons next year to fill that void, should it happen. He did not name names but just simply said some people aren't made for his style of ball and if they can't show the level of play he's expecting, he may encourage them to go elsewhere.

So there you go.

GREAT news regarding "Roe" (Rob Loe). He'll make it out of here just fine, as all this snow had damn well better miss Denver and fall en las montanas...

And JEEEEEBUS! can this CE situation get any more ridiculous!?!?

Thanks a bunch for the info. What a pleasant surprise w/ Loe, assuming all goes to plan.

HOLY CRAP, Rob Loe made 18 out of 29 three point attemps in the FIBA U-19 WC last year. That's insane for anyone, but esp. for a near 7-footer. PLEASE let us get this dude.

is this Loe kid for next year bro?

talk about a funky list, Slu colorado or Kentucky, something tells me I know where he will end up but maybie rick ma will impress the rents

at any rate, I love coach going after and catching the eyes of big time recruits.

how many stars is this kid?

hopefully all the idiots in the fan section that heckle the opposing bench all game(only one or two out of line) didn't turn his parents off

is this Loe kid for next year bro?

talk about a funky list, Slu colorado or Kentucky, something tells me I know where he will end up but maybie rick ma will impress the rents

at any rate, I love coach going after and catching the eyes of big time recruits.

how many stars is this kid?

hopefully all the idiots in the fan section that heckle the opposing bench all game(only one or two out of line) didn't turn his parents off

Not sure about Loe. I think he would be here for next year, yes. I also wonder if Gillespie (sp?) was recruiting him and not Calipari and perhaps that's why he went elsewhere. I just know, doing a quick Google search, that Kentucky Sports Radio (UK authority) said UK was on Loe heavily out of the gates. That was August of 09, so maybe it was Calipari, so who knows?

Thought I would add that I read that Loe got official offers from Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, Colorado, California, Notre Dame; had official visits at Arizona and UK; and somehow really wants to come to SLU. It'd be a HUGE get for our program.

"I wipe my @$$ with the paper that recruiting rankings are printed on."

-someone that I wholeheartedly agree with

I could care less what you and your pal thinks, got news for ya bro, kids are evaluated by advanced senior scouting personel not some jo blow water boy sitting behind a computer

Hrrrrm, Loe's older brother goes to Arizona. And they've already got a freshman big from the Ukraine, though he's only averaging 15 mins/game. Let's hope the visit to Arizona is just a nice opportunity to check in w/ the older brother while the whole family's in the states. Kid wants to play in the NBA, hopefully RickMa's filled him in on his success in that area, along w/ Arizona's guard-oriented play and how cold Pittsburgh is and how backwards and uncultured Kentucky is.

I could care less what you and your pal thinks, got news for ya bro, kids are evaluated by advanced senior scouting personel not some jo blow water boy sitting behind a computer

THere are so many kids out there its impossible to tell what a recruit is worth based on such basic scale as stars. You ask Majerus and he'll tell you the same thing.

That's Loe dunking at the beginning of the video. Only one play, but he looks tall, strong, agile and charismatic. Six foot guy didn't burn him that badly on the following play. Arizona board says he's the best foreign prospect regardless of position in 2010.

I'd like for CE to get the green light as well... :rolleyes:

Hrrrrm, Loe's older brother goes to Arizona. And they've already got a freshman big from the Ukraine, though he's only averaging 15 mins/game. Let's hope the visit to Arizona is just a nice opportunity to check in w/ the older brother while the whole family's in the states. Kid wants to play in the NBA, hopefully RickMa's filled him in on his success in that area, along w/ Arizona's guard-oriented play and how cold Pittsburgh is and how backwards and uncultured Kentucky is.

Loe knows Christian fairly well through FIBA tournaments and tournaments in that area of the world and is also in close contact with our aussie coach which is what peaked his interest. Majerus also seems to have a high rep in that area with bigs, something we already knew.

After speaking with him, his interest in SLU is not just slight interest, its really down to SLU, Pitt and Colorado but he just wants to take him time.

Lets hope we throw the sink at him.

That's Loe dunking at the beginning of the video. Only one play, but he looks tall, strong, agile and charismatic. Six foot guy didn't burn him that badly on the following play. Arizona board says he's the best foreign prospect regardless of position in 2010.

one thing about this loe kid is I read somewhere online (so its true) that he may have trouble qualifying.

How do we know that we are in his final three? Arizona has a visit this week, but they are not in the running? What am I missing? I do not see Saint Louis on anything tied to this guy on the internet. It would be nice to get, but this guy seems equivalent to Beal except we got him to see us kill SIUC on one of his many visits.

Thanks for clearing it up, hope we get him!

Loe knows Christian fairly well through FIBA tournaments and tournaments in that area of the world and is also in close contact with our aussie coach which is what peaked his interest. Majerus also seems to have a high rep in that area with bigs, something we already knew.

After speaking with him, his interest in SLU is not just slight interest, its really down to SLU, Pitt and Colorado but he just wants to take him time.

Lets hope we throw the sink at him.

Colorado sucks.

that kid is 6'11" moving like that in highschool?

We would only have him for a year, but that would be huge, thats the first I have seen of him. wow.

Screaming into the camera after that monster dunk is sweet. immediately he will be a fan favorite

How do we know that we are in his final three? Arizona has a visit this week, but they are not in the running? What am I missing?

Thanks for clearing it up, hope we get him!

If its true he has a brother there, maybe he just wanted to check it out?

From his lips, the school he was interested in coming to were: SLU, Pitt, Colorado. Never mentioned AZ.

Screaming into the camera after that monster dunk is sweet. immediately he will be a fan favorite

If rickma is looking for skilled big men who play their a&% off conklin style, this has the potential to be the guy... Granted, its one play so I cant say he really is like this all the time every time. But I can make him out to be gods gift until i see otherwise

If rickma is looking for skilled big men who play their a&% off conklin style, this has the potential to be the guy... Granted, its one play so I cant say he really is like this all the time every time. But I can make him out to be gods gift until i see otherwise

tell ya what, show me any 6'11" stork in highschool that can shift and go like that and Ill show him a scholarship and a few baby dolls while hes in town

The same people who had Booker as a top 50 recruit and Willie no where on the radar. Now remind me, who was who's daddy on Saturday? That's right, Willie ate him alive, has more talent now, and has a much bigger upside.

The same people who had Thompson ranked as the number 17 center recruit in the nation last year, who didn't produce during the year he was here.

A kid's number of stars is not the be all end all of recruiting. It involves a lot of factors such as fit into the system, other players at that position, teams on the schedule, etc. Once again, this is a complex issue that cannot be simplified into one neat little ranking.

Please stop the pot shots against everyone who does not agree with everything you say. It would be very appreciated. People can have valid claims that go against yours without just trying to be "internet tough guys" or "jo blow water boys." And I know you measurements very well by now so there is no need to repeat them.

I'd like for CE to get the green light as well... ;)

i keep watching this video. I really like how as a 7 footer he has the confidence to take it from the top of the key, through the lane, and into the basket. I know that the lane was pretty clear, but he still had to get around his man. Also there are a lot of big men who, in the same situation, would have very likely dribbled it off his foot. This would be a huge get for us. A combination of Loe, WR, BC, and CE (if he ever makes it ot of the GD clearinghouse) would put us easily at the top of the A-10, and a whole new era of Billiken basketball

The same people who had Booker as a top 50 recruit and Willie no where on the radar. Now remind me, who was who's daddy on Saturday? That's right, Willie ate him alive, has more talent now, and has a much bigger upside.

The same people who had Thompson ranked as the number 17 center recruit in the nation last year, who didn't produce during the year he was here.

A kid's number of stars is not the be all end all of recruiting. It involves a lot of factors such as fit into the system, other players at that position, teams on the schedule, etc. Once again, this is a complex issue that cannot be simplified into one neat little ranking.

Please stop the pot shots against everyone who does not agree with everything you say. It would be very appreciated. People can have valid claims that go against yours without just trying to be "internet tough guys" or "jo blow water boys." And I know you measurements very well by now so there is no need to repeat them.

as I stated, no system is fool proof, and there are obviously exceptions to every rule

But Understand junior summer the star rating system on sites like scout.com become pretty legit, by time kids are seniors alot goes in from senior advanced scouting personel to rate kids

a