Iowa State v. SLU thread

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one huge thing that has come out of the game is that the Billykid kept fighting to the end ,they could have dropped their heads and got blown away by 30+ , especially the way the second half started , but to their credit they stuck in there and gave it all ,thats something you cannot coach , You add in the variables ,young team . first road trip for the freshman and being so young as a team and shooting being astray , i think there is a lot of good to come out of it and a great learning curve for this team ,

Best thing would be to re group and come out with a win in the next game ,Conference games are the ones we want to do extremely well in and some of the tougher ones are on the road

Well don to the Billykids

How so? Who do we have that can beat them?

Conklin, a lucky gangbanger from the mean streets of Oregon

Reed, who is decent

Mitchell, who scored 4 points

Me thinks you should go hang with Jim Jones.

KM and WR, all-conference material. Up until this game, lights out 3 point shooting. Strong play from BC. Cody Freaking Ellis, eventually. Best guard out of Chicago this year coming next year. Big athletic wing from Chicago coming next year. Finally some upperclassmen.

Brackins might go to the league. That bastard Vanderbeken will graduate. Lot of young dudes otherwise.

I'm surprised I responded to this.

Back on topic....will SLU win another game after that crappy performance? Will conklin be able to survive with his hardcore gangbanging life style, or will the streets take him under? Will Kwamain Mitchell get back on track?

Yes. They'll win a bunch of games. IMO, a big man away from being an awesome young team.

Back on topic....will SLU win another game after that crappy performance? Will conklin be able to survive with his hardcore gangbanging life style, or will the streets take him under? Will Kwamain Mitchell get back on track?

whoever you are Im pretty sure youre not a SLU fan, you have 4 posts, all after the game today and all negative towards SLU or SLU fans, we get it you one, go back to the ISU message board and celebrate your victory, but dont pose as a sLU fan.

KM and WR, all-conference material. Up until this game, lights out 3 point shooting. Strong play from BC. Cody Freaking Ellis, eventually. Best guard out of Chicago this year coming next year. Big athletic wing from Chicago coming next year. Finally some upperclassmen.

Brackins might go to the league. That bastard Vanderbeken will graduate. Lot of young dudes otherwise.

Brackins = gone

Staiger = possibly gone (pro ball overseas)

Vanderbeken = gone (might have been his best game as a Cyclone today)

The "finally some upperclassmen"....yeah...we understand. First time we have had upperclassmen contribute that weren't walk ons what we signed out of desperation.

How so? Who do we have that can beat them?

Conklin, a lucky gangbanger from the mean streets of Oregon

Reed, who is decent

Mitchell, who scored 4 points

Me thinks you should go hang with Jim Jones.

I think its pretty obvious this is an Iowa State fan who just joined and gave himself a name that looks like he is a Billiken fan. What a freakin loser.

Mccalll? Are you serious??????????

Best guard out of Chicago?????????

He's not even the best guard on his own high school team half the time!!!!!!

I would take Ahmad Starks, Lavonte Dority, Lenzelle Smith, Brandon Spearman, Anthony Johnson, or even Ben Brust over Mccall!!

And Evans is not that good at all....

You are in on a very good juco wing though in Will Clbyurn, but Evans will never be even a contributor for the Bills.

Brackins = gone

Staiger = possibly gone (pro ball overseas)

Vanderbeken = gone (might have been his best game as a Cyclone today)

The "finally some upperclassmen"....yeah...we understand. First time we have had upperclassmen contribute that weren't walk ons what we signed out of desperation.

Jockstrap is and will be a player. Kind of an off game tonight it sounded like, but he rebounded like crazy and got to the line. I saw some highlights of his, he can score from anywhere. I'm hoping this Dwayne Evans kid we're getting next year is something like that.

I would take Ahmad Starks, Lavonte Dority, Lenzelle Smith, Brandon Spearman, Anthony Johnson, or even Ben Brust over Mccall!!

You are in on a very good juco wing though in Will Clbyurn, but Evans will never be even a contributor for the Bills.

Go away!

Jockstrap is and will be a player. Kind of an off game tonight it sounded like, but he rebounded like crazy and got to the line. I saw some highlights of his, he can score from anywhere. I'm hoping this Dwayne Evans kid we're getting next year is something like that.

I really hope you're right but Gilstrap just hasn't "found it" yet this season. He's looked meh all season, which is scary for us because he was supposed to come in and contribute a bunch right off the top as a patch for Weasley Johnson transferring to Syracuse.

Is Sheltie back? Sure sounds like a SheltieDave post.

By the way, I think the Clyburn ship has sailed.

All ya gotta say is "Hawkeyes" and they run away like a bunch of babies.

Cyclone fans are a much better breed than Hawkeye fans.

My God I hope you guys get to play them this season. There are high school teams that can compete with them they're so awful.

St. Louis would be favored by double digits in Vegas over Iowa they're so bad.