SLU v. St. Ambrose

TheA_Bomb

One interesting thing Moser said in the post-game is that, by design, they only used their base motion offense. He indicated that they could have been working on a number of additional sets that could have been very effective, but they are holding back what they are showing. He also said they have done extensive scouting for the next two games and did very little for the exhibition games.

Going to be a very long year. Maybe after this year it will finally be realized that RM used to be a coach, now he is just an crazy, rude old man with ADD.

Right, because any other coach in the country would have no problem leading a team with all Fr. and So., in a season where his top recruit isn't on the floor, to a winning record.

What a joke, the team is young but they have talent, if anything it will be realized that he can still coach when they somehow manage to go .500 with the youngest team in the entire country.

Good point booya

As to Moser's comments that just seems crazy to me. The team is having problems executing the basic sets as evidenced by 18 TOs but they want to practice the harder one's in exhibition games? Please. Basketball isn't all that tricky not like trick plays in football. They are young and just don't have fluidity in the basic offense yet and it shows. They need to pick it up on D too. I knew the offense would be a problem but didn't think D would be lacking this much too. I know 47 pts is very low but SAU was in it until the last few minutes.

i think this was a matter of st ambrose playing the game of their lives. they did a lot of things right and a couple of players really played well. the power forward owned conklin. the one three he hit was ten feet behind the line. reid did a great job shutting down the last 10 minutes imo.

reid really played hard. made some nice hustle plays. but he was struggling to guard the ball on the perimeter. did much better defensively guarding the st ambrose forward. unfortunately a-10 forwards wont be that small.

i really like justin jordan. had a nice shot, played hard. a couple of really nice passes.

willie was non existent most of the game offensively. however he had quite a few defensive rebounds and changed some shots. he turned the game around with the two dunks.

mitchell was outstanding. but honestly, we dont have a backup for him. salecich is not a point guard and jordan isnt ready. i do like salecich on the wing. his shot looks fantastic and he is physically strong.

jon smith was at the game?

femi really p!ssed off rickma on the one fast break when he didnt pass off to the trail billiken. femi is strong physically and can guard the small forward. doesnt shoot well.

cassity shot and shot and shot and all looked good but nothing went in. he does stuff right but at some point he has to make some shots. i guess keep shooting.

remekus was at the game?

i think rickma made a mistake playing small as much as he did. and i am not necessarily talking about using four guards. obviously after conklin went out with the injury he had little choice. my point is that reed could pretty much score whenever he wanted on the low block and there seemed to be little effort to get him the ball.

gotta give the st ambrose coach some credit for the 3 or 4 back doors he got. they all came after that power forward had hit a couple of threes and rickma (as he should have) had conklin/reid get up on him after that. well that left no weakside help for the opposite wing. nice execution.

the billikens with kwamain had a couple of nice give and goes as well. those are just great to see. that's basketball.

all in all while it got close for awhile, i thought it was a fun day at the fetz.

a lot of the turnovers came when mitchell was out. the billikens definitely suffer when kwamain isnt in the game. we just have to be patient while justin jordan grows up. he is the guy that has the skill set to be the true backup. putting salecich there imo is only going to weaken two positions. he needs to stay on the wings or on the baselines looking for open slots to hit that pretty shot he has.

Right, because any other coach in the country would have no problem leading a team with all Fr. and So., in a season where his top recruit isn't on the floor, to a winning record.

What a joke, the team is young but they have talent, if anything it will be realized that he can still coach when they somehow manage to go .500 with the youngest team in the entire country.

RM's 3rd year. How many more would you like to give him?

RM's make or break will be year 4, IMO. If we're not winning 20+ games and getting to the big dance next year, I think it's fair to question the direction of the program at that point. Not right now.

this year is definitely Majerus last year without high expectations. Lets get Ellis eligible and I still think we can be good this year

RM's 3rd year. How many more would you like to give him?

You're bitterness is amazing. What do you care about RM and our team? We know you're not a fan of SLU. Quite pathetic that you keep trolling hoping to get SLU fans to bite on your comments.

BTW, still waiting for you to admit you were wrong with your comments that RM would never be our coach. Get lost loser. :blink: