Who gets Thompson's minutes?

Since the Bills don't really have a true center on the roster anymore, how does everybody see the frontcourt minutes shaking out? Who plays when Willie sits? Does Remekun come more into play now? Out of the all new signees, I didn't really pay much attention to his credentials as he seemed like a redshirt candidate at the time. As I recall, he seemed a bit unpolished offensively, but perhaps more of a rebounder/ shotblocker/ defender. If he could come in and fill that role, while his offense is still developing, I could see a role for him next year.

Since the Bills don't really have a true center on the roster anymore, how does everybody see the frontcourt minutes shaking out? Who plays when Willie sits? Does Remekun come more into play now? Out of the all new signees, I didn't really pay much attention to his credentials as he seemed like a redshirt candidate at the time. As I recall, he seemed a bit unpolished offensively, but perhaps more of a rebounder/ shotblocker/ defender. If he could come in and fill that role, while his offense is still developing, I could see a role for him next year.

I think the chances of Remekun redshirting have gone down, but I wouldn't necessarily right it off. My guess would be that we will go with a three guard offense with two forwards and no one really playing a true five on either end. I think the minutes will be spread around at the two forward spots between Willie, Conklin, Ellis, and Smith. I think at the beginning of the year most of those minutes will go to Conklin and Willie because of their exprience.

I am really starting to think that Rickma may have already wrote off Thompson for next season before he transfered. That would explain all the three guard offense talk from him earlier.

I didn't expect Thompson to get a lot of minutes even if he stayed. I expected him to get no more than 5 to 8 minutes a game, just like this year. He is just too slow for big-time basketball. Ellis and Smith were coming in to take the minutes, not Thompson. At best, Thompson would have gotten about the same minutes as last year. Now Remeken gets those minutes.

I didn't expect Thompson to get a lot of minutes even if he stayed. I expected him to get no more than 5 to 8 minutes a game, just like this year. He is just too slow for big-time basketball. Ellis and Smith were coming in to take the minutes, not Thompson. At best, Thompson would have gotten about the same minutes as last year. Now Remeken gets those minutes.

this is a ridiculous statement. willie is no faster than brett.

Well, I guess we will never know if my post was ridiculous. I still say Thompson would not have gotten big minutes this coming year. Yeah, he is big but unless he got in shape and improve his quickness he was going to be deep on the bench this coming year. I stand by my statement, he would have gotten no more than 5 to 8 minutes a game. If we are to be a more up-tempo team, he would be the loser in terms of minutes.

Well, I guess we will never know if my post was ridiculous. I still say Thompson would not have gotten big minutes this coming year. Yeah, he is big but unless he got in shape and improve his quickness he was going to be deep on the bench this coming year. I stand by my statement, he would have gotten no more than 5 to 8 minutes a game. If we are to be a more up-tempo team, he would be the loser in terms of minutes.

I think Larry Bird was the slowest guy in modern basketball to star in the NBA. If you can fill it up-meaning get your shot off and sink it all esle is forgiven. It is not are you too slow; it is do you have the imagination, energy, and desire to beat your opponent. We have seen all kinds of kinds not

perform up to their talent levels because they needed permission from themselves, the coach, the opposition. RM is right. It is a hard system and if

you want to make it to the top of the heap you can't go with whiners. The biggest thing wrong with the Bills after Spoon and Romar is they played soft.

RM is trying to break that attitude.

I think the chances of Remekun redshirting have gone down, but I wouldn't necessarily right it off. My guess would be that we will go with a three guard offense with two forwards and no one really playing a true five on either end. I think the minutes will be spread around at the two forward spots between Willie, Conklin, Ellis, and Smith. I think at the beginning of the year most of those minutes will go to Conklin and Willie because of their exprience.

I am really starting to think that Rickma may have already wrote off Thompson for next season before he transfered. That would explain all the three guard offense talk from him earlier.

I would be delighted if Conklin plays big minutes early because I really love the way he plays. But he will have to improve, a lot, if he is going to play ahead of Ellis in terms of his overall game. From what I hear Ellis can really play and he has great potential to get better. I agree that Willie, Ellis, conklin and Smith will play those two spots with Smith playing the three as well. We might see Ellis at the 3 against bigger teams. Remeken will be interesting. I know when he was recruited that he and his parents were fine with a redshirt year to get stronger and develop. With Thompson gone I think it may depend on how things go in preseason practice.

I would be delighted if Conklin plays big minutes early because I really love the way he plays. But he will have to improve, a lot, if he is going to play ahead of Ellis in terms of his overall game. From what I hear Ellis can really play and he has great potential to get better. I agree that Willie, Ellis, conklin and Smith will play those two spots with Smith playing the three as well. We might see Ellis at the 3 against bigger teams. Remeken will be interesting. I know when he was recruited that he and his parents were fine with a redshirt year to get stronger and develop. With Thompson gone I think it may depend on how things go in preseason practice.

Judging by the stats I've seen from this summer and his college-ready body, I think Ellis is going to come in and make a big impact. Also can't discount what a big factor genetics can be, as evidenced by the Lisch family. RL imparted some pretty good trickle-down technology to KL, TL, SL and even DL. They're a whole family of performance sedan trims. Ellis' dad was a BAMF for like 20 years I think; you know Cody's not going to suck. I mean even Luke Walton, though he almost cost Kobe his fourth championship, made off with a little bit of his father's talent.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/kobe_...oves_he_can_win

An awesomely average white guy highlight video. Ellis even looks a lot like Luke Walton. Cue the late, great Ed McMahon:

"Luke Walton's highlight video receives... (DUMADUHADUMADUHADUMADUHADUM) two and three quarter stars. Good job, Luke, maybe we'll see you back on the show again sometime."

WARNING: This highlight video IS awesomely average. You may experience fits of apathy during prolonged viewing sessions.

When somebody talks about a basketball big man being slow they are not referring to how fast he can run. They are talking about how quickly he can move his feet when guarding, sliding over to help out, and making his move to the basket. While had high hopes for BT to improve and be a good SLU player, to say that he was as quick as Willie Reed is simply not true. Willie was still learning to move his feet on defense quicker but he was improving as the year went on. He absolutely was much quicker with his move to the basket. BT when he got the ball simply would put it on the floor or try to power his way up through the defender with very little success. Willie had moves that often freed him for an open lay up.