Dayton Dirt Sheet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go through with them, and it was the best crowd and arguably best game/result of the season. Students were great. Billikenfan05 great idea with the crouching down. That was awesome. Most fun game that I have been to.

Not disagreeing with you there. But as much talk as there was Friday afternoon on this site about this whole watermelon thing, kind of let down they didn't go through with it. In hindsight it was probably a good idea not to do it. Apparently the whole thing was made up and I doubt many people would have understood it anyways. And besides, it wasn't that funny to begin with and it was a Xavier idea. We can do better on our own.

Not disagreeing with you there. But as much talk as there was Friday afternoon on this site about this whole watermelon thing, kind of let down they didn't go through with it. In hindsight it was probably a good idea not to do it. Apparently the whole thing was made up and I doubt many people would have understood it anyways. And besides, it wasn't that funny to begin with and it was a Xavier idea. We can do better on our own.

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen any comments from you reflecting on the quality win the Bills had, since you are a Billiken fan and all. Yet, I noticed you did take a shot at the Billiken fans.

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen any comments from you reflecting on the quality win the Bills had, since you are a Billiken fan and all. Yet, I noticed you did take a shot at the Billiken fans.

It was a big win. Almost as important it was a great atmosphere. I'll go out on a limb and say I'll be disappointed if K Mitchell is not a 1st team all conference selection at least once by the end of his career. I would hope he merits two 1st team all conference selections. I think he is that good. When it's all said and done he will be a more important recruit that Lisch or Liddell and he will lead SLU to the promised land. RM has this team peaking at the right time. There is not a team in the conference they can't beat. It should make for an exciting conference tourney. They need to garner a 4 seed or better to give themselves a legit shot.

IMO it never would have been a good idea to fallow through on it. It was fun to watch a few Dayton fans get all worked up about it.

i personally think the watermellon thing is a terrible idea. as are being vulgar to the other teams players and our own fans (as some people in this forum are). If somebody on the other team has a dui or something, that definitely warrants a taunting. Not rumors started about a team 5 years ago. Lets stay classy billiken fans. Lets be a fan base that people don't think is trashy. And this whole perception can be done by just a few people. Please, think about what you say and do before you do it.

GO BILLS!!

Just to be clear, there are many X fans who hate the whole watermelon thing. I can't stand it myself, and know many people who feel the same.