Dayton Dirt Sheet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got any dirt on Dayton?

Watermelons, Watermelons, Watermelons. I posted it in another thread. Dayton players have a long history of sexual relations with watermelons. If someone brought a printed out picture of a watermelon UD players would 100% understand the meaning of it and the looks on their faces would be priceless.

Watermelons, Watermelons, Watermelons. I posted it in another thread. Dayton players have a long history of sexual relations with watermelons. If someone brought a printed out picture of a watermelon UD players would 100% understand the meaning of it and the looks on their faces would be priceless.

care to explain?

LOL. Jawesome.

Davola, thanks for the beer at the last game.....you the man!

So, I started pre-gaming for the game on saturday today. Anyone care to join? Im watching old SLU highlights from the late 90s at my place in south county. I'll be rockin' the blue/white pajama pants from 3rd row saturday. It will be my mardi gras. I'll have beads to throw at the refs.

Im off to the gym.

HI Billikin Fans. Just a basketball junkie here new to the St. Louis area. Have followed A-10 along with the BCS and USA conferences.

Having said that I do hope that SLU students and fans do not go down the lane of the watermelon as suggested by the Xavier poster. That was an ugly rumor started by a Xavier poster on one of their boards that had no legitimacy to it and ended up in several lawsuits, and "Cease and Desist orders".

I can pretty much assure you that the fine administration at SLU would put a quick halt to any further activities with something as slanderous as this.

I believe it was targeted against a former UD player "KW" not sure his name but it was taken from a youtube or one of those video sites and tried to discredit the player and the university. I would be very carefull going down that line as the Xavier poster is urging you to do.

Not only was it not a vid of the named player but something drummed up by a Xavier fan and set the tone for legal entanglements.

I would hope SLU as a catholic institution would not put itself in harms way of a possible slander suit.

If I can get tickets for Saturdays game I will surely go. Long time RM fan. Do hope the score is a little higher than the forties though. Defense is good but I do like to see points scored too.

Good luck tomorrow, you could make some noise come tournament time.

HI Billikin Fans. Just a basketball junkie here new to the St. Louis area. Have followed A-10 along with the BCS and USA conferences.

Having said that I do hope that SLU students and fans do not go down the lane of the watermelon as suggested by the Xavier poster. That was an ugly rumor started by a Xavier poster on one of their boards that had no legitimacy to it and ended up in several lawsuits, and "Cease and Desist orders".

I can pretty much assure you that the fine administration at SLU would put a quick halt to any further activities with something as slanderous as this.

I believe it was targeted against a former UD player "KW" not sure his name but it was taken from a youtube or one of those video sites and tried to discredit the player and the university. I would be very carefull going down that line as the Xavier poster is urging you to do.

Not only was it not a vid of the named player but something drummed up by a Xavier fan and set the tone for legal entanglements.

I would hope SLU as a catholic institution would not put itself in harms way of a possible slander suit.

If I can get tickets for Saturdays game I will surely go. Long time RM fan. Do hope the score is a little higher than the forties though. Defense is good but I do like to see points scored too.

We have to run with this now.

Sorry to hear that, you will regret it I am sure, and besides this will have no meaning to the present flyers or staff as it was before they arrived at UD. It is too old to be useful and only going to make SLU look bad, and possibly more.

How does saying Dayton men love watermelons open you up to a lawsuit?

Yeah because clearly you arent a UD troll.

Making references to watermelons during the game would not be slander. There would be no players associated with holding up a picture of watermelons. I love your response though.

Keith Waleskowski?! If it's him then we have to run with this thing. Anything to get in their heads. He's one of those guys who seemed like he was at UD for 7 years.

The most annoying fan I've ever encountered at a SLU game was a Dayton fan who somehow wound up with seats right behind SLU's bench. He stood the whole time (at an angle where he blocked everything for the people behind him) and screamed obnoxious baseball chatter-sounding phrases constantly: "Atta kid, Waleskowski, atta kid!" To get back at UD for unleashing this moron on the world, I have no qualms about saying terrible things about their players and watermelon love.

Keith Waleskowski?! If it's him then we have to run with this thing. Anything to get in their heads. He's one of those guys who seemed like he was at UD for 7 years.

The most annoying fan I've ever encountered at a SLU game was a Dayton fan who somehow wound up with seats right behind SLU's bench. He stood the whole time (at an angle where he blocked everything for the people behind him) and screamed obnoxious baseball chatter-sounding phrases constantly: "Atta kid, Waleskowski, atta kid!" To get back at UD for unleashing this moron on the world, I have no qualms about saying terrible things about their players and watermelon love.

That is indeed who KW is.

Guess that is who KW is but he has been playing pro ball in Europe somewhere for five years now and will not be at the game anyways. Have fun but I do believe it is a big mistake.

How exactly would it be a big mistake? How would it be slander? There is no mention of any player's specific name. The situation that happened years ago is very different than chanting watermelons at a game or having pictures of watermelons.