X 30 Dukies 45 at the half

drkelsey55

Whaaaaaaaaaa?! Wow. Duquesne knocks off the big boys. That's awesome. I bet Duquesne is really kicking themselves for losing to us...or, rather, maybe it propelled them to victory over Xavier.

I know it does not matter but after the Temple game we have really stepped our game up.

Hopefully tomorrow is not a step back.

I know it does not matter but after the Temple game we have really stepped our game up.

Hopefully tomorrow is not a step back.

Well let's get a 10 game win streak headed into the conference tourney. It's all about getting hot at the right time, man.

Sounds like Duquesne tried giving it away at the end, much like we did to them. They didn't score a field goal in the last 7 minutes or so...

from a conference best standpoint, i would have much rather had xaiver get a #1 or #2 seed and that just went out the window with that loss imo.

from a conference best standpoint, i would have much rather had xaiver get a #1 or #2 seed and that just went out the window with that loss imo.

Plus a Duquesne loss would have helped our chances to catch them. SLU still has to play them at their place.

Plus a Duquesne loss would have helped our chances to catch them. SLU still has to play them at their place.

Looks like Xavier's loss did not harm their RPI much now they are 6, Duques moved up to 89 from 107. At this point I hope for the Duques to win all their games but one...... Today's game could be a big step forward for the freshman, we played well on the road against an inferior team last week, next step is to beat an equal on the road ie richmond. If we do that we can start thinking about beating RI or Duques on the road. Here is hoping we make that next step.

Looks like Xavier's loss did not harm their RPI much now they are 6, Duques moved up to 89 from 107. At this point I hope for the Duques to win all their games but one...... Today's game could be a big step forward for the freshman, we played well on the road against an inferior team last week, next step is to beat an equal on the road ie richmond. If we do that we can start thinking about beating RI or Duques on the road. Here is hoping we make that next step.

Today's game is going to be a true test of how far we have come since the Temple game. This is a game that we should have a better than 50% chance of winning. It is the 23 game of the season and I don't think the freshman excuse flies anymore.

In principle, I agree that I want Xavier to get as high a seed as possible and this will hurt their chances at a #2 (I still think they could get that if they won out or had one more loss). However, I'm getting annoyed at the thought process that the A-10 is made up of Xavier and the 13 dwarfs, similar to what you see in the Horizon (Butler), Mountain West (Gonzaga) and CUSa (Memphis). A couple losses by Xavier might show some that the conference is deeper and better then just one team.

I'm worried about Dayton's game today at Charlotte. They are only 2 point favorites at a pretty bad Charlotte team. Dayton is clearly in the dance if it started today but with 2 games vs. X remaining, Dayton is not a lock if they were to lose games like today.

In principle, I agree that I want Xavier to get as high a seed as possible and this will hurt their chances at a #2 (I still think they could get that if they won out or had one more loss). However, I'm getting annoyed at the thought process that the A-10 is made up of Xavier and the 13 dwarfs, similar to what you see in the Horizon (Butler), Mountain West (Gonzaga) and CUSa (Memphis). A couple losses by Xavier might show some that the conference is deeper and better then just one team.

I'm worried about Dayton's game today at Charlotte. They are only 2 point favorites at a pretty bad Charlotte team. Dayton is clearly in the dance if it started today but with 2 games vs. X remaining, Dayton is not a lock if they were to lose games like today.

Gonzaga is in the West Coast Conference, not the Mountain West.