Recruits next season

BillikenTX

They still name the camp after Pete Newell.

I know Heinrich and Baniack both went, I think both of them benefited from it. Also, the camp is only 4 days, so how much could it be? If you look at the alumni of the camp and who is teaching, might be a good investment on helping to get in the pros latter on. But...

If they feel they can do better with working with BT over the summer, they are the experts, go for it.

Heinrich yes. Baniak no. Nice guy but he regressed as his career progressed. His best year was his freshmen when he played with Larry.

Heinrich yes. Baniak no. Nice guy but he regressed as his career progressed. His best year was his freshmen when he played with Larry.

I to was very disappointed with Baniak's progress. He did have 2 or 3 outstanding games in senior year in which I said, "why could he do this on more consistent basis". Which makes me think his heart was just not into it.

Matt did play a couple of years of pro ball in Switzerland. A player like BT should be aiming for something like that.

I knew a father of a player who played 4 years in Sweden (not one of your better paying Euro Leagues like Italy or Spain or playing on a team in Russia owned by some ultra rich Russian oligarch) and he said you can earn a lot. Now this player played and started for a bottom level ACC school and he had the advantage, like BT, of being big but he was not even close of being any all-ACC performer. Put in 5 years overseas and its like 30 years of pay as a PE teacher in some suburban St Louis HS.

Scout had Cody Ellis at 72nd best power forward recruit with an 87 rating and Jon Smith at 53 rd, I believe with an 88 rating. However, Smith is 6 foot 7 and 185 almost as thin as Willie and Cody is 6 foot 8 and 240. We can only assume both are in shape and I believe Cody Ellis is lined up to play lots of BB

in Australia between now and September.

What I don't get is two guys 55 pounds apart both listed as 4's and Cody Ellis is supposed to shoot 42% from the 3. I guess we will have lots of replacements for Barry who should be congratulated on his two threes in one of the last games. He knew if he just kept shooting...and how about the game KL had 21 points, lots of assists and good defense-just like we count on KL to be every game. Having 5 players in double figures makes it easier to

coach.

Blinkybill, question. Our backup point guard left the team in December. The guys filling that role now (Kevin Lisch / Tommie Liddell) are both seniors. We don't have a PG in the incoming recruiting class. I read Salecich was a combo guard meaning he can play point. Any comments on the ability of Salecich to act as our backup point guard?

I read that Cotto had left and felt it was a bit strange that the kid did not give the programme a chance ,especially if it was all about court time . on the question of Salecich playing P/G , yes easiy has played point for a number of coaches and even at the AIS when they have injuries ,has great court vision good handles left and right hand and a good drive and dish ,reads the court extremely well,creates good open shots for team members .not a flashy type of player but a team player , to unselfish needs to take it himself more often ,defensively very strong but will take time to adjust to the more athletic & older type of college player,

I read that Cotto had left and felt it was a bit strange that the kid did not give the programme a chance ,especially if it was all about court time . on the question of Salecich playing P/G , yes easiy has played point for a number of coaches and even at the AIS when they have injuries ,has great court vision good handles left and right hand and a good drive and dish ,reads the court extremely well,creates good open shots for team members .not a flashy type of player but a team player , to unselfish needs to take it himself more often ,defensively very strong but will take time to adjust to the more athletic & older type of college player,

Thanks, blinky. Your insight is always appreciated.

Blinkybill, when does the SEABL season begin? Around the time Cody committed to SLU I checked the league's site and found that no games had been played. I figured it would begin sometime not terribly long after the first of the year, but would like to know when the season officially starts. Thanks.

The SEABL starts on 12th March but the AIS do not play until the 20th play away 2 games in 2 nights also looking at the draw the AIS has a couple of 3 game road trips 3 games in 3 days on their schedule ,pretty tough for a bunch of young guys , as you can see these boys are use to tough schedules ,

Thanks blinkybill. Allays our concern about PG next season. Cotto leaving in December was inexplicable, especially given that K. Mitchell has been banged up and Cotto stood a good chance to get more court time had he been patient. Sold handle, not flashy fits Majerus well. "Defensively very strong", another important facet to the type of player RM looks for. I think our staff is looking for another PG but it's hard to find a good one this late in the recruiting cycle with a freshman starter already on your team at this position.

Hard to tell because we did not see enough of RC, but it seems to me that KC has more PG ability/potential than RC did/has. Both played PG in highshool but high school is high school. Clearly, KC appears to be the better passer of the two. I don't accept the notion that RC was our back-up PG (in absence os KL) and that we are now really thin at PG because of RC leaving. Any thoughts?

Good to hear Salecich can also help at PG. RM's comments about not many PGs want to come to SLU to sit behind KM for 3 years is quite telling. The following, year I can see RM landing a really good PG who will then back-up KM for only 2 years.

I really don't worry about recruiting rankings when it comes to Rickma recruits. He has shown that he looks for something else in his players than recruiting services do and he has been successful doing it his way. Would it be nice if they all had great ratings coming out? Yes, but all that really gives you is bragging rights for a few months. What happens when the kids start playing is the most important thing.