hey 3 star

just curious what you think of langdon shipley. i have only seen him the one time at the shootout. he was very active and showed some quickness, played hard and shot the hell out of the ball. the only negative i saw was a fairly skinny body and he didnt seem to like any physical play.

i saw where both him and matt lawrence had nice games in the playoffs.

http://prepsports.stltoday.com/ssi/prep/st...te+boys+advance

might be juniors to watch for next year imo.

more of the experts are starting to find out about brad's secret, kevin lisch. this if from the bullseye brothers board report on their first viewing of kevin after last week's centralia game:

bullseye said,

"Althoff's game against Centralia was indeed our first opportunity to see Kevin Lisch play this season. Let us say that coming into that game we thought that Bobby Frasor was the most mentally tough player in the state. Not any more--it is Kevin Lisch, and that is NOT a knock on Frasor. One big difference between the two is that Lisch is more physical. As you know, Lisch guarded Shaw for a good portion of the game and while Shaw scored his points, Lisch gave him quite a battle.

Offensively, Lisch is a smooth shooting lefty who also does a good job of pushing the ball up the floor and has a great feel for the game. The first player we thought of who he reminds us of is Chris Mullin."

bobby frasor plays guard for chicago brothers rice team and is expected to be named all-state by most chicago area people.

dave telep, has added je'kel foster, a 6'2" 200 lb guard to the list of players that slu is going after hard for next year as well as vasshun newborne.

they both play for chippola juco. newborne is the power forward we have discussed before. this is the first i have heard of foster.

telep states slu has offered scholarships to both.

foster has also been offered by illinois state, oklahoma state, south florida, washington state, kansas and oklahoma

the competition for newboren is central florida, northern iowa, and wisconsin-green bay.

hmmmmmm two offers on the table, two different positions and we only have one scholarship to give.

with the final scholarship and how can our competition be Wisconsin GB, Central Florida and Northern Iowa and we not have wrapped this guy up yet? Maybe I'm still pissed about last night but that is embarassing. Hopefully the answer is this guy is waiting on some other big school to show interest but still.

We are not in the position to take the "best athlete available." We need a PF and we need one bad.

Shipley is quick with the ball (good handles), but he isn't physically quick. He's the type of undersized combo guard that is all-world in high school because of his strong offensive fundamentals but looks out of place against high major athletes (see Spencer Laurie). He's also streaky as hell (see Anthony Drejaj)and as you noted, very slight. Should be a nice pickup for a school like SEMO.

Matt Lawrence is the man. He's really a 6'6 guard who plays a lot of post in high school because of his height and long reach. Mixes it up pretty good inside for a skinny dude, handles the ball as well as Meyer and his outside shot is just as good. Doesn't have Meyer's mid-range game yet. If he puts on 15 lb, you'd have a player very similar to Indiana/Iowa star Luke Recker.

they can verbally commit any day, but i think the actual signing date isnt until early may.

i sent you an e-mail via the link on this site. i dont know if that is an email addy you use all the time or not.

We're not offering the last scholarship to anybody but a power forward. We're offering the last scholarship to a power forward and possibly reserving a scholarship for Foster if another one opens up. If you email Telep, he probably doesn't even we have only scholarship available. He's just an Internet guru, he's not God.

broy, I saw Je'kel Foster when watching Newborne and Chipola play at OWCC in early Feb. UAB's head coach, Mike Anderson, and his assistant, Chris Giles, were front and center watching Foster's every more. I like any guard that Coach Mike Anderson likes. By the way, I think that Foster and Newborne played for a Texas juco last season and transferred together to Chipola.

Soderberg has stated that he does not over-offer scholarships. While SLU is hurting for another PF, I would take Foster over Newborne.

>Soderberg has stated that he does not over-offer

>scholarships. While SLU is hurting for another PF, I would

>take Foster over Newborne.

That's a strong statement in favor of Foster. Nice info tseugnekillib. What was your general impression of Newborne, his game, etc.?

>Isn't there a provision for schools to be able to go one

>beyond the 5/8 rule if they lose a player who's on pace to

>graduate? Perhaps the Bills have been allowed to use it.

>Didn't Brad Soderberg say on the air recently that he has

>one scholarship offer out?

I think that is a question that has to be answered. If we are able to add a big guard and a forward from Chippola while still holding a scholarship open for Tommie, that would be huge.

>Not unless the 5/8 rule changes this summer, SLU will be

>limited to 12 scholarships next year. If FMcC would have

>been a junior academically then his scholarship spot could

>have been used. He was very close, but short.

Bad news. Thanks for the info tseugnekillib.

I think we are already out of the running on Tyus. He is listing the big time schools like Kansas and Arizona. Not even mizzou or Illinois show up. He really wants to go out of state.