Kevin Lisch

I don't want to dog Kevin Lisch for what he's done for our program. He has been the epitome of a student-athlete on the NCAA Division I level; an underrated player in an underrated conference. However, given the fact that Stephen Crane could write a book about how this guy has battled through injuries, has he hit the proverbial wall?

I know coach puts these guys through the gauntlet as far as conditioning goes, but do you think that mentally, given all of KL's injuries over the year, that he's "checked out?"

I have no idea what it's like to be a D-I player or anything, so please don't be upset with me asking this. Thanks.

Posted Image

I don't want to dog Kevin Lisch for what he's done for our program. He has been the epitome of a student-athlete on the NCAA Division I level; an underrated player in an underrated conference. However, given the fact that Stephen Crane could write a book about how this guy has battled through injuries, has he hit the proverbial wall?

I know coach puts these guys through the gauntlet as far as conditioning goes, but do you think that mentally, given all of KL's injuries over the year, that he's "checked out?"

I have no idea what it's like to be a D-I player or anything, so please don't be upset with me asking this. Thanks.

Good question. I'm guessing its just a culmination of all the injuries that he has suffered, as well as having a very young team around him.

Posted Image

i don't think kevin has checked out. i think its a matter of kevin is a shooting guard, imo should never be playing the point. if mitchell needs a break, then cassidy should be give a shot. if he can't handle it yet, the tommie would be my point. not kevin ever.

Posted Image

I wouldn't say KL has checked out. If anything, I think he tries to do too much at times. That's what I saw in the Richmond game for sure. BE and TL3 were taking their shots, but guys like KC and PE weren't putting up shots. somebody had to do something. We really missed KM.

If you're watching the games I'm watching, I don't think you could say that KL isn't giving 100% IMO.

Ahem I believe the record will show that the Lisch-Meacham-Lisch theory is my work. That is all.

Maybe we've got a Richie-Margot-Raleigh situation going on.

I've been entertaining this theory for awhile now. I mean, I think there's a level of sisterly hawtness, that once a sister goes past... a certain sort of fraternal longing comes into play when some other fella enters the game. And Theresa, as I've stated before, is super hawt. All of a sudden, she's playing one-on-one with Trent "I'm not an ###### I'm just a sonofabitch" Meacham and not her big bro, Kevin "I'm a honey badger with a heart of gold" Lisch, and he's starting to dwell on losing her forever, especially if she follows that bastard to Europe. Just a thought...

Maybe we've got a Richie-Margot-Raleigh situation going on.

I've been entertaining this theory for awhile now. I mean, I think there's a level of sisterly hawtness, that once a sister goes past... a certain sort of fraternal longing comes into play when some other fella enters the game. And Theresa, as I've stated before, is super hawt. All of a sudden, she's playing one-on-one with Trent "I'm not an ###### I'm just a sonofabitch" Meacham and not her big bro, Kevin "I'm a honey badger with a heart of gold" Lisch, and he's starting to dwell on losing her forever, especially if she follows that bastard to Europe. Just a thought...

God, I hope KL shoots a free throw granny style, airballs it and then sits on the court.

God, I hope KL shoots a free throw granny style, airballs it and then sits on the court.

wahahahahaha, that would make the whole season worth it. that's my favorite part of the movie i think. i threw my glove at a grounder once in high school when we were getting destroyed. somehow the glove caught the ball and the ump just gave the guy a triple. giving up is hilarious.

wahahahahaha, that would make the whole season worth it. that's my favorite part of the movie i think. i threw my glove at a grounder once in high school when we were getting destroyed. somehow the glove caught the ball and the ump just gave the guy a triple. giving up is hilarious.

I know a guy who did that in a Division I baseball game. Played CF for The Billikens. He missed the ball, went to pick up his glove first, then chased the ball.

Inside the park HR. Why did he go to get his glove first??? WTF?

You can blame KL or you can look at the coach. You can't lay all of his problems at the feet of the players.

Hey, I LOVE KL ("Like" Love, not "Love" Love like TL) but you can't deny the numbers. I know he probably doesn't mesh well with Majerus and I know he's beaten up and keyed on by the other team, but look at last year compared to this year. He's fouling less, turning the ball over less, and making 16 more FT's per thousand. That's it. Everything else is the same or down. He's shooting THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT FROM THE FIELD. He's just having a bad year and my respect for him changes none. Just a bad year.

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

2007-2008 34.5 14.6 3.8 3.1 2.1 1.52 1.2 .1 2.0 .428 .811 .384 1.42

2008-2009 34.5 13.2 3.1 2.4 1.8 1.38 1.2 .0 1.6 .350 .827 .369 1.21

Hey, I LOVE KL ("Like" Love, not "Love" Love like TL) but you can't deny the numbers. I know he probably doesn't mesh well with Majerus and I know he's beaten up and keyed on by the other team, but look at last year compared to this year. He's fouling less, turning the ball over less, and making 16 more FT's per thousand. That's it. Everything else is the same or down. He's shooting THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT FROM THE FIELD. He's just having a bad year and my respect for him changes none. Just a bad year.

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

2007-2008 34.5 14.6 3.8 3.1 2.1 1.52 1.2 .1 2.0 .428 .811 .384 1.42

2008-2009 34.5 13.2 3.1 2.4 1.8 1.38 1.2 .0 1.6 .350 .827 .369 1.21

Sure, use your fancy statistics and your big words like "bad" and "percent"