Temple GDT

brianstl

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But they dont play like crap consistently...only when the game is tough...he cant make players...ones he didnt recruit...tougher players. By tough I dont mean take hits, Kevin can take a hit, I mean when they face resistence they fold and that is no way RM fault...Yeah coach needs to take some blame but most of this game is on TL and KL

They played like crap in Detroit. Detroit sucks. Nothing tough about them.

Kevin and Tommie had pretty good games down in Chapel Hill their freshman year. Now that is tough.

Listen, I am not like most SIU fans. I sincerely hope your brother is a future All-American and gets to play in 4 NCAA tourneys while at SLU.

That said, Kevin is having an off year and people wish he was playing better but he doesn't suck. You made a point to make it know that Brett is your brother. That makes it completely inappropriate for you to say what you said. Say that he needs to step it up as a senior, say he is having an off game but you of all people shouldn't be saying he sucks. You lost your ability to say things like that when you made it known who you were.

I hate to make assumptions but I bet you wouldn't say it to his face.

Then you dont know me lol...I didnt mean Kevin sucks as hes not good I just meant tonight hes sucking...I mean I guess I wouldnt tell him to his face he sucks but Id definitely tell him he didnt play well tonight, and its not because Im scared or anything it would just be really rude to tell any 22 year old college basketball player he sucked

Kevin's not good, he sucks...remember?

How can I blame Rick? Well, this has happened far too often under his watch. If my seniors played like crap consistently, I'd think about changing something up.

Kevin still superman?

Not sure you can blame this on two players. It is team sports and those guys need the other 3 on the court. Nobody is playing well, they all need to be tougher.

Right on. Sounds like everyone is off tonight. I'm listening on the radio, but it sounds like they were hitting everything early on, and our shots were "in and out" according to Rammer. Just a sucky night. Try to finish it out, get home, and worry about Richmond on Sunday afternoon.

Not sure you can blame this on two players. It is team sports and those guys need the other 3 on the court. Nobody is playing well, they all need to be tougher.

But you really cant blame kids who are frosh whove never been in situations like this...If they play this bad next year all the time then we can start blaming coach and the younger players

Then you dont know me lol...I didnt mean Kevin sucks as hes not good I just meant tonight hes sucking...I mean I guess I wouldnt tell him to his face he sucks but Id definitely tell him he didnt play well tonight, and its not because Im scared or anything it would just be really rude to tell any 22 year old college basketball player he sucked

Sorry I made that assumption then. Your quote was that he sucks and you also said he lack leadership. If you were really just referring to tonight you worded it wrong. Go Bills.

But you really cant blame kids who are frosh whove never been in situations like this...If they play this bad next year all the time then we can start blaming coach and the younger players

Sorry but freshman dont get a pass at this point. This is D1 athletics and that is what they signed up for.

Everyone on this team receives a pass, while open fakes a shot then ends up covered and takes a bad shot. If they are open the need to establish a rythum and catch the ball and take the shot without hessitation.

Then they might make a couple. to0 much uncertainty.

Sorry but freshman dont get a pass at this point. This is D1 athletics and that is what they signed up for.

Ok then let me finish my complete thought...obviously the frosh are going to play worse than the older players. Ill rank whos to blame for this from top to bottom

1. the seniors

2. the frosh

3. the coach

4. being on the road

5. Temples playing very very well

6. the cheerleaders keep getting in the way

Everyone on this team receives a pass, while open fakes a shot then ends up covered and takes a bad shot. If they are open the need to establish a rythum and catch the ball and take the shot without hessitation.

Then they might make a couple. to0 much uncertainty.

exactly no one has confidience in themselves

Rickma is at least partially to blame. He is captain of the ship. He gets paid a lot of money to make sure nights like this don't happen on a consistent basis. I don't know what the answer is, I'm not a basketball genius like Rick. Maybe run a full court press, maybe sit the seniors to start, maybe run 4 guards, etc.

I'm tired of hearing about how it takes so long to learn the system, as if you can't build a program for the long-term while making short-term adjustments.

Quit bashing Kevin, who DOESN'T suck tonight?

This is the worst performance we have had all year.

Everyone is laying a big fat egg.

Maybe this board can turn KL into a mythical figure that appeals to college students along the lines of Chuck Norris.

"Kevin Lisch's tears cure cancer. Too bad Kevin Lisch doesn't cry."

Maybe this board can turn KL into a mythical figure that appeals to college students along the lines of Chuck Norris.

"Kevin Lisch's tears cure cancer. Too bad Kevin Lisch doesn't cry."

So, it's ok to put blame (rightfully so in my opinion) on Kevin, but it's stupid to put blame on Rick Majerus? I get it.

Ok then let me finish my complete thought...obviously the frosh are going to play worse than the older players. Ill rank whos to blame for this from top to bottom

1. the seniors

2. the frosh

3. the coach

4. being on the road

5. Temples playing very very well

6. the cheerleaders keep getting in the way

I would go with this.

1. Temples playing very very well

2. being on the road

3. the coach

4. the seniors

5. the frosh

So, it's ok to put blame (rightfully so in my opinion) on Kevin, but it's stupid to put blame on Rick Majerus? I get it.

I never blamed KL...in fact in my posts tonight I put the blame on the "Seniors" that also includes TLIII and BE. I just find it ridiculous that some people get so offended by critique of KL. Nobody has said stop bashing TL tonight when he is partially blamed for bad games.

And I can see some of the blame on RM b/c adjustments need to be made. But maybe these players just aren't that mentally tough. He can't do anything about that. On the road is where Senior leadership is most important.

I never blamed KL...in fact in my posts tonight I put the blame on the "Seniors" that also includes TLIII and BE. I just find it ridiculous that some people get so offended by critique of KL. Nobody has said stop bashing TL tonight when he is partially blamed for bad games.

Very fair. Kevin deserves criticism, but he doesn't "suck" and that's why I defend him on the board.

And I can see some of the blame on RM b/c adjustments need to be made. But maybe these players just aren't that mentally tough. He can't do anything about that. On the road is where Senior leadership is most important.

If the Seniors won't provide leadership, then don't start them, don't play them for a half, send a message in practice, do something different.