Should this Rivalry End?

thetorch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the question is questionable. Why end a series against a program when the win-loss record is balanced? I'd be more likely to consider ending the rivalry with Missouri State, since they've dominated the Bills there and here (even the Bills' win at Scottrade two years ago isn't legitimate). I wouldn't end that series, either, and I think that the Billikens ought to improve soon to the point where they can beat the Bears every year in Chaifetz and once every three or four trips to Springfield and where they can tip the balance of the series with SIUC in their own direction.

When we had Heinrich and Tatem guarding the middle we OWNED the paint :angry: . Even against other physical teams like Cincy and Marquette. That what got us in the NCAA's in 2000. :lol:

I miss those two. Heinrich got picked on for his stats but he could set a pick. Kenny Brown was after that he was tough as nails too. The transfer from UAB was after that but he was hurt a lot......

Coach Majerus is not worried about SIU. His sights are set much higher, like having SLU become the next Xavier or Gonzaga, not Carbondale. Carbondale has done a nice job considering their less than ideal location and facilities, but Coach Majerus is finding players from all over. A second top Australian will likely sign in the spring. We got it handed to us this year, but I am confident the Bills will beat the dogs again at home next year.

SIU is becoming one of the most prestigious "mid-majors" (god I hate that term) around. With Majerus as a coach or not, the road to better recruits for SLU goes through Carbondale and Champaign-Urbana. SLU may get some solid recruits, but they will all be "projects," not players who have an immediate impact. Not that there is a reason with "projects," SIU's program has been built on these projects and seniors teaching the freshman. It's just that you are completely delusional if you think a top-rated recruit would choose SLU over SIU. SLU doesn't have the history.

Thicks- Did you watch the game? Roundtree and Hare may not have been offensive scoring machines, but they both played great defense. I didn't see the same intensity from Cassity and Thompson on defense or offense. It may be there later, but until then, sorry, they are "just" projects that need work.

SIU is becoming one of the most prestigious "mid-majors" (god I hate that term) around. With Majerus as a coach or not, the road to better recruits for SLU goes through Carbondale and Champaign-Urbana. SLU may get some solid recruits, but they will all be "projects," not players who have an immediate impact. Not that there is a reason with "projects," SIU's program has been built on these projects and seniors teaching the freshman. It's just that you are completely delusional if you think a top-rated recruit would choose SLU over SIU. SLU doesn't have the history.

Thicks- Did you watch the game? Roundtree and Hare may not have been offensive scoring machines, but they both played great defense. I didn't see the same intensity from Cassity and Thompson on defense or offense. It may be there later, but until then, sorry, they are "just" projects that need work.

Colonial. Have you not heard the name Rick Majerus? Hint: he's our coach now. Google his name and then post back.

If our coach were another guy like Romar, Soderberg your guy Lowery, then your post would have merit. Believe it or not, we have had guys (this year's class) come from Wisconsin and Oregon (without even visiting the school) just to play for RM. Now, 1 or 2 Aussies along with a top guy from Ohio and another guy from Texas. Things are definitely changing for our Bills. Will we get the heights we hope for? Only time will tell. If we get there, though, all indications will be that we get there a different way than you guys have.

Colonial. Have you not heard the name Rick Majerus? Hint: he's our coach now. Google his name and then post back.

If our coach were another guy like Romar, Soderberg your guy Lowery, then your post would have merit. Believe it or not, we have had guys (this year's class) come from Wisconsin and Oregon (without even visiting the school) just to play for RM. Now, 1 or 2 Aussies along with a top guy from Ohio and another guy from Texas. Things are definitely changing for our Bills. Will we get the heights we hope for? Only time will tell. If we get there, though, all indications will be that we get there a different way than you guys have.

what recruits have we lost to SIU?

Roundtree- that was under our old coach

Booker- we were said not to have recruited him much

Thats about all I can think of that were even talked about.

Who has SIU lost to SLU?

Kyle Cassity

Brett Thompson

SIU is not winning the recruiting battle since Majerus came

All of this talk about Majerus and Lowery battling for recruits is a little stupid. The only three they have really gone up against each other for are Cassity, Thompson, and Capobianco. Majerus landed Cassity and Thompson. Capobianco turned us both down. Majerus record is pretty good in those battles. Lowery now seems to hitting Chicago much harder than the St. Louis area since he has added Irvin to his staff. Majerus will go anywhere in the world to land his type of player.