Blue Crew Plans for the UMSL Game

bills10

I just got this email from Blue Crew. First time I have ever known of anything like this going on at SLU. I wonder how many people will go...

Hey Blue Crew!

This week kicks-off the first week of Billiken Basketball!!! Starting off with Tent City on Thursday November 13 at 9:00pm. Come join us all night Thursday to count-down to the first official game in Chaifetz Arena! During the night there will be a Meet & Greet with Coach Rick Majerus and your Men's Basketball Team, Dodgeball Tournament, Basketball Shoot-Around, and Rock Band and other entertainment throughout the night! Then beginning at 8am, we'll be passing out wristbands to see who gets to be the first person in Chaifetz Arena for the first official basketball game!

Then Friday November 14th, there will be free pizza by the clocktower beginning at 5:30pm. Then at 6pm we'll all march over to Chaifetz Arena to watch our Men's Basketball Team take on the UMSL Tritons.

Finally Sunday November 16th, join us to cheer on your Women's Basketball Team take on the Western Michigan Broncos! Tip-off is at 2:00pm and the doors open at 1:00pm!

Hope everyone is pumped about the season! See everyone on Thursday night!

Your Blue Crew E-board.

I just got this email from Blue Crew. First time I have ever known of anything like this going on at SLU. I wonder how many people will go...

Hey Blue Crew!

This week kicks-off the first week of Billiken Basketball!!! Starting off with Tent City on Thursday November 13 at 9:00pm. Come join us all night Thursday to count-down to the first official game in Chaifetz Arena! During the night there will be a Meet & Greet with Coach Rick Majerus and your Men's Basketball Team, Dodgeball Tournament, Basketball Shoot-Around, and Rock Band and other entertainment throughout the night! Then beginning at 8am, we'll be passing out wristbands to see who gets to be the first person in Chaifetz Arena for the first official basketball game!

Then Friday November 14th, there will be free pizza by the clocktower beginning at 5:30pm. Then at 6pm we'll all march over to Chaifetz Arena to watch our Men's Basketball Team take on the UMSL Tritons.

Finally Sunday November 16th, join us to cheer on your Women's Basketball Team take on the Western Michigan Broncos! Tip-off is at 2:00pm and the doors open at 1:00pm!

Your Blue Crew E-board.

Hopefully they will also have a Blue Crew sign up area for those students who aren't members and would like to join!

This week kicks-off the first week of Billiken Basketball!!! Starting off with Tent City on Thursday November 13 at 9:00pm.

where is the Tent City portion? I know that the pizza is by the clocktower, but is the tent city there as well? Poorly written email, confusing

I don't think Majerus will be very good at Dodge Ball. Couldn't you guys play something else with him?

I approve of these activities as long as there are separate tent cities for male and female students.

where is the Tent City portion? I know that the pizza is by the clocktower, but is the tent city there as well? Poorly written email, confusing

I assumed that it was in the Rec center, but could be wrong. Im not sure where else they would have basketball and dodgeball tournaments.

November 11, 2008

Pre-game Events Announced for Inaugural Game at Chaifetz Arena

Billikens host UMSL at new facility on Friday, Nov. 14

ST. LOUIS – The Saint Louis University department of athletics announced a list of events associated with the inaugural basketball game at Chaifetz Arena on Friday, Nov. 14, against Missouri-St. Louis, at 7 p.m.

Activities for the first game begin on Thursday, Nov. 13. The SLU student group "Blue Crew" will form a "tent city" by the North Entry Gate and camp out the evening of Thursday, Nov. 13, starting at 9 p.m., in order to be the first students into the building on game day. At approximately 9:30 p.m., head men's basketball coach Rick Majerus will come out to greet fans who are camping out in line for the UMSL game. Later that evening, a dodge ball tournament will be held in Chaifetz Pavilion (the practice gym) from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.

On Friday, Nov. 14, Chaifetz Arena gates for the general public will open at 6 p.m. Fans are encouraged to come early and enjoy the various amenities and entertainment options available at St. Louis' most spectacular new venue. A giant inflatable Billiken celebrating the inaugural game at Chaifetz Arena will be positioned on the grass of the Northwest Entry Gate. Fans can win prizes by playing basketball on a giant "pop-a-shot" game located at the Northwest entrance of the Concourse Level. "Pyromorphics," a local fire dance act, will put on a spectacular pyrotechnic show in the Drury Plaza near the North Entry Gate. "The Bare Naked Statues", a Saint Louis University a capella singing ensemble, will entertain guests as they make their way to the main concourse on the north.

Additional opening night entertainment will occur inside Chaifetz Arena, including face painters, stilt walkers and balloon artists throughout the main concourse. The Billiken Express, the free golf cart shuttle service for disabled and elderly fans who choose to park at the Olive/Compton or Laclede garages, will begin at 5 p.m. and run continuously until two hours after the game ends.

Pre-game ceremonies will begin at approximately 6:40 p.m. with the flying of the Billiken Blimp in conjunction with music from the World's Greatest Pep Band. The SAINTsations spirit team will perform at approximately 6:50 p.m., followed by the introduction of the Honorary Captain. The National Anthem will be performed by the Bare Naked Statues. After the introduction of the starting lineups, a special ceremonial tip-off presentation will follow. Halftime will feature a ceremonial game ball presentation as well as a national entertainment act.

Guest BillikenReport

Halftime will feature a ceremonial game ball presentation as well as a national entertainment act.

I hope the "national entertainment act" is that guy they had last year who was making it rain with 3-pointers.

I went to SMU v. Memphis and they had these Dancin' Grannies. They were all over 50 doing a dance team routine. Kinda' entertaining, kinda' sad.

I don't know if it would fly at SLU since the Baby Blues name was nixed and we now have the Saintsations.

Hey Blue Crew!

Your Blue Crew E-board.

Once again, the general student population and the Spirit Team know nothing about this event. Marketing should get it together with an all school email to the students inviting them to join in on the celebration and excitment of the opening game. They should including the supporting casts of the basketball team, such as the Spirit Team, and the band to participate in the festivities. Marketing this monumental event seems to be lacking.

I say we get the a capella group to provide the music for the dance squad routine. Then we call the act the Bare Naked Saintsations. (And they balked at our use of the name Baby Blues!!)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Saintsations outfits are extremely low-cut. I'm not complaining, mind you, just making a general observation. At the Harris Stowe game there was a lot of cleavage showing and many girls pulling their tops up after doing somersaults. It certainly added to the game day excitement.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Saintsations outfits are extremely low-cut. I'm not complaining, mind you, just making a general observation. At the Harris Stowe game there was a lot of cleavage showing and many girls pulling their tops up after doing somersaults. It certainly added to the game day excitement.

Pics or STFU. :angry: