Where's Majerus?

I just returned from a week plus in Vegas ( bridge, not gambling ) which was the site of at least 4 major HS camps plus the US Olympic warmup with Canada. I stayed at the Sahara, which was overrun with ballers and their coaches. Talked to a couple of coaches from Toronto who had kids at the Adidas camp which was being held at some large suburban HS - the coaches were impressed by the facilities. I assume one was at UNLV but don't really know that. Unless these camps are closed to college coaches, either by the camps or the ncaa, I assume every coach who could be was in LV. It may be quiet here, but I'm sure there was all sorts of action out there. Maybe RM was filling his wish list out there and we'll see the results this fall.

I just returned from a week plus in Vegas ( bridge, not gambling ) which was the site of at least 4 major HS camps plus the US Olympic warmup with Canada. I stayed at the Sahara, which was overrun with ballers and their coaches. Talked to a couple of coaches from Toronto who had kids at the Adidas camp which was being held at some large suburban HS - the coaches were impressed by the facilities. I assume one was at UNLV but don't really know that. Unless these camps are closed to college coaches, either by the camps or the ncaa, I assume every coach who could be was in LV. It may be quiet here, but I'm sure there was all sorts of action out there. Maybe RM was filling his wish list out there and we'll see the results this fall.

Those were actually AAU tournaments that were D1 certified. Just about every D1 sends a coach to Vegas during this time. I'm sure that SLU had at least an assistant coach out there. Most of the St. Louis based teams did okay. A lot of the recruiting websites cover these events in detail, and they usually take the time to mention the head coaches they see in attendance. However, none of them mentioned seeing Majerus at all.

Those were actually AAU tournaments that were D1 certified. Just about every D1 sends a coach to Vegas during this time. I'm sure that SLU had at least an assistant coach out there. Most of the St. Louis based teams did okay. A lot of the recruiting websites cover these events in detail, and they usually take the time to mention the head coaches they see in attendance. However, none of them mentioned seeing Majerus at all.

He's certainly hard to miss. ;-) I didn't see him in the coffee shop.

He's certainly hard to miss. ;-) I didn't see him in the coffee shop.

I was listening to 1380 on my way home last night and BM said that he had gotten a phone call from Majerus wanting to know if Bernie was going to Ram's camp. He was spending a couple of weeks in Milwaukee and wanted to hook up with Bernie if he was in the area. I think the next couple of weeks is down time for a lot of coaches. I think it good that RM and BM are tight. Can't hurt to have Bernie in our corner.

I was listening to 1380 on my way home last night and BM said that he had gotten a phone call from Majerus wanting to know if Bernie was going to Ram's camp. He was spending a couple of weeks in Milwaukee and wanted to hook up with Bernie if he was in the area. I think the next couple of weeks is down time for a lot of coaches. I think it good that RM and BM are tight. Can't hurt to have Bernie in our corner.

Bernie and Majerus could do some serious damage at Kopp's (burgers and custard).

Coach is in KC. I saw news footage of Coach scouting players at what I assume was an AAU tournament here in town. The report said no player contact was allowed but many big name coaches here observing.

Coach is in KC. I saw news footage of Coach scouting players at what I assume was an AAU tournament here in town. The report said no player contact was allowed but many big name coaches here observing.

Thanks for the insight from KC. It's a shame that there are no media reports, press releases or even blogs here in St. Louis that give us any info

Thanks for the insight from KC. It's a shame that there are no media reports, press releases or even blogs here in St. Louis that give us any info

CT, see my post of 7/24 under the heading TT & the PD. Does TT still get a paycheck from the PD? If so, what is he doing now and if not, who is assigned to cover the Bills?

It is sad that the only way to get info on the SLU MBB program is thru a non-SLU associated website, in this case from someone in KC. KC, thanks for the info.