Spring Recruits - final chance

If the spring signing period ends on May 21st, not much time left.

Is anyone hearing anything at this point? I presume RM is still trying to land kids - 2 scholarships open. Any sightings of kids on campus? "Streets" have sure been quiet. For those in the know, is RM keeping things more quiet/less leaks than Brad?

If the spring signing period ends on May 21st, not much time left.

Is anyone hearing anything at this point? I presume RM is still trying to land kids - 2 scholarships open. Any sightings of kids on campus? "Streets" have sure been quiet. For those in the know, is RM keeping things more quiet/less leaks than Brad?

Spring recruiting doesn't really end. While a kid can't sign a binding letter of intent there is nothing to keep a kid from enrolling in school and showing up in August. I can't remember who but we recently had a player who verballed after the official signing period and just showed up. They can still apply for admittance.

Spring recruiting doesn't really end. While a kid can't sign a binding letter of intent there is nothing to keep a kid from enrolling in school and showing up in August. I can't remember who but we recently had a player who verballed after the official signing period and just showed up. They can still apply for admittance.

You're correct. Most kids, just like most schools, want a commitment now. If a kid subsequently makes grades/test scores or decides he want to play, etc., then fine. Got to believe that some schools are waiting for commitments. Just like we experience with JH and Kentucky, once this happened, then Kentucky's back-up plan commitment to school A. The kid who was back-up at school A, then commited to school B and so on.

Just wondering if anyone is hearing anything. Details don't have to be given. At this point, just looking to see if we have a chance on anyone. Also, just wondering how much info some of the regulars are able to get from RM and his staff.

Not worth startig a thread on your board but SIU announces that they are getting a transfer from Iowa. Will have to sit out a year and only has one year left but he should be an instant upgrade to our offense.

http://www.thesouthern.com/articles/2008/0...ts/24508229.txt

I know there will be some people on here who will tell me they don't care because it is not SLU news but I know that they secretly love SIU and are excited by this news. ;)

Not worth startig a thread on your board but SIU announces that they are getting a transfer from Iowa. Will have to sit out a year and only has one year left but he should be an instant upgrade to our offense.

I know there will be some people on here who will tell me they don't care because it is not SLU news but I know that they secretly love SIU and are excited by this news. ;)

Another guard, interesting...

You guys could use him this coming season. You could use his shooting right away.

I know there will be some people on here who will tell me they don't care because it is not SLU news but I know that they secretly love SIU and are excited by this news. :lol:

"The junior planned to return to Iowa City, Iowa, for his senior season, but was told by Hawkeye coach Todd Lickliter he wasn't in the plans for the future of the program. "

Not to turn yet another thread into this debate but how can this be? I thought only Majerus did this type of stuff? ;)

"The junior planned to return to Iowa City, Iowa, for his senior season, but was told by Hawkeye coach Todd Lickliter he wasn't in the plans for the future of the program. "

Not to turn yet another thread into this debate but how can this be? I thought only Majerus did this type of stuff? ;)

And this was a kid that averaged almost 14 a game with 3 boards and 3 assists while starting the last 19 games of the season.

At least RM cuts scrubs. I would be pissed off right now if I was an Iowa fan.

****edit****

didn't see Brian's response. We are thinking alike once again, should you be scared or should I?

****edit****

didn't see Brian's response. We are thinking alike once again, should you be scared or should I?

I think we both should be a little scared.

****edit****

That, or Iowa is that loaded with recruits that he feels he can cut one of his top players and not miss a beat.

That, or Iowa is that loaded with recruits that he feels he can cut one of his top players and not miss a beat.

The comments at the bottom of the article from the Southern are interesting. I have no idea if any of them know what they're talking about, but all claim that it was not Lickliter shoving him out of town but a mutual thing (not named captain, wouldn't fit in new system, etc.). There's no way of knowing how mutual any of these things are, and at the end of the day, looks like SIU got a nice player.