Team makeup

slu72

Exactly I forgot AM is having surgery also on his knee

I can confirm both those statements are true. Tommie and Anthony are having surgery. I understand Tommie's is pretty minor and nothing that should prevent him from being ready for the beginning of practice in October, is that correct?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm both those statements are true. Tommie and Anthony are having surgery. I understand Tommie's is pretty minor and nothing that should prevent him from being ready for the beginning of practice in October, is that correct?

I worry when ever I hear surgery. Any idea what is up with AM?

I'm with you on this one- you beat me to it. I just don't think the answer lies in the JUCO ranks anymore. Even the top JUCO players seem to amount to role players on their D1 teams. I'd much rather see us sign guys out of high school and get 4 year players. I'd rather see guys go through that learning curve (which we now know is huge with Majerus) as freshmen or redshirts than as juniors that are expected to contribute immediately.

One advantage to a JUCO this year is to help balance the schollies a bit. Right now we will have 3 to give next Nov. and after that probably only 1 (AK's)- I think I am right - if all the kids come next year are freshmen. Now if Flyers is right then there may be even more than just two players not back and that could change the whole situation.

I think if Harrellson would become availible he would have an impact on this team next year.

I agree - also, I know several area h.s. coaches who still believe that going the JUCO route can still be a viable situation for kid who does not qualify. While there might not be the as many nuggets out there as in the past there are still decent players in JUCO.

Tommie's surgery is pretty minor. It's the same ankle that has been nagging him since his junior year of HS.