I hope Cotto...

moytoy12

The thought I had when watching WVU beat Duke was that the Mountaineers' Joe Alexander is roughly the same height and weight of SLU recruit Brian Conklin. It made me hope of what the future may hold for the Billikens.

I hope BC is a little tougher down low.

It's funny how some kids turn out. I watched Joe play very sparingly with Tommie at Hargrave. I thought he was uncordinated and too soft to be successful as a post player. Turns out he was miscast as a post player at Hargrave. Speaking of Hargrave they have quite a few players acitve in NCAA post play this year from that 2005 team:

Sam Young-Pitt

Shane Clark and Bilal Benn-Villanova

Joe Alexander- West Virgina

Jerome Johnson-UNLV unfortunately Johnson had a career ending leg injury in 06

2008 NIT

AD Vassallo-Virgina Tech

Renard Fields-Cleveland St

You may have a point, but Alexander did go for 22 points and 11 rebounds today. He averaged 6.1 boards a game, which may not be spectacular, but still is a respectable total. For the record, Roy Hibbert averaged 6.5 rpg this year.

In the couple highlights I saw of Conklin, he did appear to be a guy capable of taking the ball at either the free throw line or the three point arc, and driving to the hoop for the basket. It does sound like BC can go at it down low as well.

You may have a point, but Alexander did go for 22 points and 11 rebounds today. He averaged 6.1 boards a game, which may not be spectacular, but still is a respectable total. For the record, Roy Hibbert averaged 6.5 rpg this year.

In the couple highlights I saw of Conklin, he did appear to be a guy capable of taking the ball at either the free throw line or the three point arc, and driving to the hoop for the basket. It does sound like BC can go at it down low as well.

It seems to me that if Conklin turns out to be 75% of the player that Joe Alexander is, you will have a helluva player on your hands next year. Alexander is one of the 10 best players in college hoops right now.

The thought I had when watching WVU beat Duke was that the Mountaineers' Joe Alexander is roughly the same height and weight of SLU recruit Brian Conklin.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of athlete Conklin is. Alexander, for example, can dunk from the free throw line and throw down windmill dunks.

Given all the state accolades he has received, if Conklin was that kind of athlete you'd think the top half of the Pac 10 would have shown a lot more interest. I get the impression that we are getting a Keith Waleskowski (Dayton) type of athlete. Hopefully he'll develop into the type of player Waleskowski became.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of athlete Conklin is. Alexander, for example, can dunk from the free throw line and throw down windmill dunks.

Given all the state accolades he has received, if Conklin was that kind of athlete you'd think the top half of the Pac 10 would have shown a lot more interest. I get the impression that we are getting a Keith Waleskowski (Dayton) type of athlete. Hopefully he'll develop into the type of player Waleskowski became.

I'm thinking our own Luke Meyer 3-4 inches taller. I'll take that all day long.