Lil Romeo

Are walkons limited in the things they can do with the team?

I don't believe so. In football, there is a limit of walkons that can use the training table and other things, thus the term "preferred walk on", but I dont think that would apply for bball unless you had about 5 or 6 walkons.

I knew he was playing ball next year, but didn't think it was this sleazy. It goes to show what a bunch of cash will get you.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1204...NjgwNTYxWj.html

Jeff Jordan walked on at Illinois, has worked his arse off, and is getting time on the court. He is the complete opposite of Romeo. At least Jeff was offered scholarships by Valpo and most of the MAC. I will say that his dad does cause quite a stir when he shows up to games. Jeff needs to work on his guard skills which are improving, but having a 47 inch vertical (measured in the preseason) is fun to watch.

I knew he was playing ball next year, but didn't think it was this sleazy. It goes to show what a bunch of cash will get you.

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1204...NjgwNTYxWj.html

A bunch of cash and a package deal with one of the country's top recruits. If I were Floyd and had to take him in order to get the real player, it probably is worth it. He won't see the court much, but he brings instant publicity.

Jeff Jordan walked on at Illinois, has worked his arse off, and is getting time on the court. He is the complete opposite of Romeo. At least Jeff was offered scholarships by Valpo and most of the MAC. I will say that his dad does cause quite a stir when he shows up to games. Jeff needs to work on his guard skills which are improving, but having a 47 inch vertical (measured in the preseason) is fun to watch.

Are you serious? He really has a 47 inch vertical!?!? I don't care, there's probably only a dozen guys in the NBA, if that, that have hops like that. Really? I've always heard that MJ's was 48, any other figures?

I don't believe so. In football, there is a limit of walkons that can use the training table and other things, thus the term "preferred walk on", but I dont think that would apply for bball unless you had about 5 or 6 walkons.

When asked about Kramer being a walk on Brad told me he would have been given a scholi because there were limitations put on walkons. Thinks like offseason workouts and possible trips.

A bunch of cash and a package deal with one of the country's top recruits. If I were Floyd and had to take him in order to get the real player, it probably is worth it. He won't see the court much, but he brings instant publicity.

Floyd couldn't pass up four years of this kind of half-time entertainment

Bow Wow is Snoop Dogg's nephew, i think. Some relation to Snoop. Romeo's dad is Master P.

Now I have no problem w/ hip hop, but it's pretty ridiculous if you step back and look at it.

Bow Wow.

Snoop Dogg.

Master P.

Lil' Romeo.

Deez doooos' family trees probably look like a NCAA Tourney bracket tripped acid, flipped the proverbial "scrip" to inverted portrait mode and mated w/ a canine registry.