No touch =no win-Bad Billiken Karma

slu72

I wonder if our team pats the Billiken's tummy before each game. I don't they did on Saturday before ST. B's. It's the only explanation I can come up with for us losing by 20 to a team with an RPI higher than the national debt. I wonder if in the Chey they are going to position a Billiken statue at the player's entrance to the floor? It would be a nice tradition to start. As they come onto the floor each player pats Bill's Belly for good luck. Hey, our mascot is all about good fortune, right? One of you well connected supporters on here, ie Billikan, should start a fund to have one put on the floor. I'll gladly kick in $200 to see these type of games never happen again.

I wonder if in the Chey they are going to position a Billiken statue at the player's entrance to the floor? It would be a nice tradition to start. As they come onto the floor each player pats Bill's Belly for good luck. Hey, our mascot is all about good fortune, right?

I like that idea!

I wonder if our team pats the Billiken's tummy before each game. I don't they did on Saturday before ST. B's. It's the only explanation I can come up with for us losing by 20 to a team with an RPI higher than the national debt. I wonder if in the Chey they are going to position a Billiken statue at the player's entrance to the floor? It would be a nice tradition to start. As they come onto the floor each player pats Bill's Belly for good luck. Hey, our mascot is all about good fortune, right? One of you well connected supporters on here, ie Billikan, should start a fund to have one put on the floor. I'll gladly kick in $200 to see these type of games never happen again.

I don't know that we want to get the big man upset and I'm not talking about RM.

Deuteronomy 5:6–21

7 you shall have no other gods before me.

8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

I don't know that we want to get the big man upset and I'm not talking about RM.

Deuteronomy 5:6–21

7 you shall have no other gods before me.

8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

Postcard you have some issues.

^

They don't have to pray to it/worship it.

Yeah, just pat his big old belly.........I'm sure if the Billiken has a problem with the Billiken as it's mascot, Rome would have stepped in years ago. Could care less about what the Bishop of ST. L feels. Put Billy on the Court! Give him bright red eyes that light up when the other team has the ball.

There's a turtle in front of the Comcast Center at Maryland. Don't the Clemson players pat a rock or something when they come into Death Valley? The toe of the bronze shoe on Oscar Robertson's statue in front of the Shoemaker Center is also pretty worn. Of course, these are not institutions wrapped in religious overtones. It would be a great tradition.

There's a turtle in front of the Comcast Center at Maryland. Don't the Clemson players pat a rock or something when they come into Death Valley? The toe of the bronze shoe on Oscar Robertson's statue in front of the Shoemaker Center is also pretty worn. Of course, these are not institutions wrapped in religious overtones. It would be a great tradition.

Those are all great. Do the players rub the turtle (that sounds kinda dirty) or do the fans rub it?

Of course, ND has its "Play like a champion today" sign.

Redesign the Billiken Mascot, with an exposed protruding beer belly.. Fans rubbing his stomach would be a good marketing gimmick and may bring luck to our game..

Speaking of redesigning the Billiken... About 3 years ago they changed the head and now it looks more like a rabbit than a Billiken! It has a turned up nose and huge pointy ears. Whoever did that did an awful job. It's not dangerous looking at all.

If we're not going to go back to the dangerous looking Billiken with the crooked crown, at least go back to the Billiken from the '90s, not this stupid rabbit-looking mascot we have now.

If we're not going to go back to the dangerous looking Billiken with the crooked crown, at least go back to the Billiken from the '90s, not this stupid rabbit-looking mascot we have now.

Agreed - and like you said, the Billiken with the crown would be ideal. He's mischievous.