Tennessee Vs. Vanderbilt

EastSide

Did anyone notice how incredibly loud Vanderbilt's Memorial Gym was during the Tennessee game? It was insanely loud. Lets hope we can make some noise like that in Chaifetz and have a real "sixth man".

I was at the game and that place does get real loud. I think it is due to the design of the place...which is a really wierd design. It's truly a unique place. It only gets that loud about 4-5 games a year. The rest of the time, the place is a ghost town. It could definitely be compared to some of the quiet Billikens crowds.

I don't know if anyone remembers, one of the prospective coaches interviewed to replace Spoon was Kevin Stallings. Stallings at the time made several demands that was similar to what RM demanded and got last year. They included a new arena, practice/conditioning facilities, conditioning coaches, academic tutors, etc.. Fr. Biondi at time said "no can do" and Stallings went off to Vandy. It is really a shame we did not make that commitment then instead of last year. Even if Stallings didn't stay, we would have probably been in the post season at least every other year and the big one, in the Big East today. Oh well :(

I was at the game and that place does get real loud. I think it is due to the design of the place...which is a really wierd design. It's truly a unique place. It only gets that loud about 4-5 games a year. The rest of the time, the place is a ghost town. It could definitely be compared to some of the quiet Billikens crowds.

What is that tower looking thing in one of the corners? It has windows with yellow borders.

I think those are just banners of some sort. I love that gym, although I remember the last time we played there - New Year's Eve 1996-97 - we got stomped.

Posted Image

That is correct. In one of the other corners (not shown), there is another column with windows. I've always been told that it's a "box". They added it about 6-7 years ago. If it is a box, it really gives a horrible view of the game.

I don't know if anyone remembers, one of the prospective coaches interviewed to replace Spoon was Kevin Stallings. Stallings at the time made several demands that was similar to what RM demanded and got last year. They included a new arena, practice/conditioning facilities, conditioning coaches, academic tutors, etc.. Fr. Biondi at time said "no can do" and Stallings went off to Vandy. It is really a shame we did not make that commitment then instead of last year. Even if Stallings didn't stay, we would have probably been in the post season at least every other year and the big one, in the Big East today. Oh well :(

The announcers last night were touting Stallings for the Indiana job. . His name comes up for some job every couple of years. I don't know how much he makes but I would think Vandy would be a pretty good place to work. He's proven he can win there. I'm sure Dr. B will tell me but I'm not sure why everyone says Indiana is a top 5 job.

The announcers last night were touting Stallings for the Indiana job. . His name comes up for some job every couple of years. I don't know how much he makes but I would think Vandy would be a pretty good place to work. He's proven he can win there. I'm sure Dr. B will tell me but I'm not sure why everyone says Indiana is a top 5 job.

Stallings will never be considered as a serious canidate for the IU job. He should be at or near the top of IU's list but it won't happen. Stallings played and coached at Purdue. That will make him a no for too many people involved with IU.

Well I'm shocked an Arkansas grad(Jimmy Dykes) would want to see Stallings leave the SEC for the Big Ten. :(