Sampson out at IU

DoctorB

so I am flabbergasted, I can hardly believe they are canning Sampson before the tournament, but maybe they are now committed to producing a clean program again. gutsy move. evidently this means that there were some serious, multiplied illegalities involved, with solid evidence.

sometimes adversity can pull a team together and this IU team is really loaded more so than the one that lost to Maryland in the final 4 several years back--so how can they fare in the tourney next month? Some people probably think IU will fold and die; I think they lambasted Purdue the other day and showed that they are capable of some serious upsets.

for those of you not familiar with IU legend and lore, Dan Dakich is the "unathletic" white guy who is credited with slowing down Michael Jordan in one of the biggest upsets in March madness history. Of course, it was not just Dakich, but that old magical Bob Knight team defense that slowed him down. But Dakich is really one tough hombre. Who knows? He is certainly one of the old Hoosier faithful, and a disciple of the General himself.

doc, i think indiana did what they had to do. sampson was on double secret probation and blew it. to put indiana in an even more difficult position just to maybe play a couple of extra tourney games this year which would only send the ncaa an even worse message and possibly really put them in a precarious future position would have been crazy.

imo if i was indiana, i wouldnt stop at just getting rid of sampson now. if that blacked out name is indeed gordon or whomever it is, that player would be out now. and i would suggest they ban themselves from the tourney this year.

otherwise the ncaa is going to still come down with more penalties.

doc, i think indiana did what they had to do. sampson was on double secret probation and blew it. to put indiana in an even more difficult position just to maybe play a couple of extra tourney games this year which would only send the ncaa an even worse message and possibly really put them in a precarious future position would have been crazy.

imo if i was indiana, i wouldnt stop at just getting rid of sampson now. if that blacked out name is indeed gordon or whomever it is, that player would be out now. and i would suggest they ban themselves from the tourney this year.

otherwise the ncaa is going to still come down with more penalties.

Roy. Agree with your thoughts. Sounds so simple but really true. If you admit wrongdoing, apologize and take corrective action, the penalty is always much less. When you are defiant, deny wrongdoing and point the finger at others (Roger Clemens), the punishment is much worse.

so I am flabbergasted, I can hardly believe they are canning Sampson before the tournament, but maybe they are now committed to producing a clean program again. gutsy move. evidently this means that there were some serious, multiplied illegalities involved, with solid evidence.

sometimes adversity can pull a team together and this IU team is really loaded more so than the one that lost to Maryland in the final 4 several years back--so how can they fare in the tourney next month? Some people probably think IU will fold and die; I think they lambasted Purdue the other day and showed that they are capable of some serious upsets.

for those of you not familiar with IU legend and lore, Dan Dakich is the "unathletic" white guy who is credited with slowing down Michael Jordan in one of the biggest upsets in March madness history. Of course, it was not just Dakich, but that old magical Bob Knight team defense that slowed him down. But Dakich is really one tough hombre. Who knows? He is certainly one of the old Hoosier faithful, and a disciple of the General himself.

I just went to Fox Sports and they indicated that he'd been suspended for at least the rest of the season, supposedly awaiting the results of the inhouse investigation. Think maybe that Bob Knights somewhere smiling tonite during his "sabbatical" that he's calling retirement?

I just went to Fox Sports and they indicated that he'd been suspended for at least the rest of the season, supposedly awaiting the results of the inhouse investigation. Think maybe that Bob Knights somewhere smiling tonite during his "sabbatical" that he's calling retirement?

The article I just read said they players are threatening to walk if Sampson is fired. I don't understand the logic behind that. If he is guilty, he is guilty. He derserves to be punsihed. They'll just be hurting themselves.

The article I just read said they players are threatening to walk if Sampson is fired. I don't understand the logic behind that. If he is guilty, he is guilty. He derserves to be punsihed. They'll just be hurting themselves.

I hope they don't walk. Those NOT going to the NBA will stay. No need to damage your future over some greedy bastard that probably really doesn't care about you.

I hope they don't walk. Those NOT going to the NBA will stay. No need to damage your future over some greedy bastard that probably really doesn't care about you.

That would be a terrible idea for all players involved. Sampson is a cheat and he let you and your university down. There is no need to piss away your chances in the NCAA tournament and your future to make a statement in support of that man. If he cared about you he would not have put you in this position. I was really looking forward to seeing Gordon in the tournament to see what what he can do on the big stage so I hope this is just talk.

That would be a terrible idea for all players involved. Sampson is a cheat and he let you and your university down. There is no need to piss away your chances in the NCAA tournament and your future to make a statement in support of that man. If he cared about you he would not have put you in this position. I was really looking forward to seeing Gordon in the tournament to see what what he can do on the big stage so I hope this is just talk.

I hope they do walk and I have no desire to see Gordon play.

It'll just show what idiots they are if they can't recognize that Sampson is a liar and a coward to go along with his cheating .... It'll be kind of like both baseball players that aren't on steroids not having the balls to stand up against the cheats.

Indiana deserves everything they get.

I hope they do walk and I have no desire to see Gordon play.

It'll just show what idiots they are if they can't recognize that Sampson is a liar and a coward to go along with his cheating .... It'll be kind of like both baseball players that aren't on steroids not having the balls to stand up against the cheats.

Indiana deserves everything they get.

For a true freshman, Eric Gordon is the best scoring guard I have seen. I would love to see what he can do in the NCAA Tournament.

For a true freshman, Eric Gordon is the best scoring guard I have seen. I would love to see what he can do in the NCAA Tournament.

as long as you don't have to hire his AAU coach or Uncle to clean your bathroom to get him to perform.

I don't like him or those around him, so I hope he gets burned. The more his type has to pay the price, the less people want to repeat his actions. Just me being an ass.

as long as you don't have to hire his AAU coach or Uncle to clean your bathroom to get him to perform.

I don't like him or those around him, so I hope he gets burned. The more his type has to pay the price, the less people want to repeat his actions. Just me being an ass.

Apparently Gordon was at practice with 6 other players according to this article.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/