Anybody Hear Majerus on the Radio?

Box and Won

spoon, romar and soderberg all told us at billiken club meetings that any public mention of a recruit's name and/or discussion would at least disqualify us from recruiting that player going forward. if that has changed since rickma got hired i am unaware of it.

i cannot stand what seems to have become the rambling off topic monotonic style of coach majerus. originally i enjoyed the stories, but it appears he has since used all his nightclub material and now his tone suggests he would rather be anywhere but on the radio answering those questions. at least when we get the fab five five minute version on friday mornings that is how it comes off. to think of subjecting myself to that for an entire hour would be akin to watching cspan or sunday morning pbs television. painful.

now if coach biancardi would do the show, that would interest me because the times he has appeared post game he seems to be enjoying the opportunity and is appreciative of the fans. i.e he wants to be there.

I don't care if our coach is a great story teller or has a "folksy sense of humour". What I want is a coach who can run a clean program, coach, recruit, and win games. My enjoyment comes from watching the team play well on the court. Apparently, he makes a good impression with the people that count the most, and that is the recruits and their families.

spoon, romar and soderberg all told us at billiken club meetings that any public mention of a recruit's name and/or discussion would at least disqualify us from recruiting that player going forward. if that has changed since rickma got hired i am unaware of it.

i cannot stand what seems to have become the rambling off topic monotonic style of coach majerus. originally i enjoyed the stories, but it appears he has since used all his nightclub material and now his tone suggests he would rather be anywhere but on the radio answering those questions. at least when we get the fab five five minute version on friday mornings that is how it comes off. to think of subjecting myself to that for an entire hour would be akin to watching cspan or sunday morning pbs television. painful.

now if coach biancardi would do the show, that would interest me because the times he has appeared post game he seems to be enjoying the opportunity and is appreciative of the fans. i.e he wants to be there.

I completely disagree Roy. I find Majerus fascinating. I could listen to the guy for hours. He doesn't come across to me as a guy that doesn't enjoy interviews. I like coach Biancardi though too. He's interesting and enthusiastic.

The A-10 is actually a strong league, 7th best this year per the RPI. Coach Majerus evidently said what I heard in another circle about SLU probably wanting to be in the Big East. But I don't see that happening, not as long as the Big East remains a 16 team league.

I agree that 2 game travel trips would be helpful financially, but that also leads to multiple 2 game losing streaks. Remember SLU's time in the old MCC? SLU would often win at home and lose to the same schools on the road, Butler, Detroit, Loyola, et al. I don't think the majority of the A-10 schools will favor the 2 game road trips. So many of them can get on a bus for many of their road games.

Out here, the Pac-10 and WCC both have travel partners and play 2 game road trips up and down the West Coast. It works out perfectly in the Pac-10. The only WCC disparity is that San Diego (USD) and one of the three Bay Area schools (this year USF) are forced travel partners, meaning that a school plays at USF and USD on the same trip, and I suspect has to fly from 1 city to the other.

The A-10 is not utopia for SLU, but I agree that it is probably the best place at this time, given all the circumstances.

Big East is a fine conference but hardly would pass most of RM's requirements. If we joined the Big East, then we would be playing Georgetown v. GW, Villanova v. St. Joe/LaSalle, Pitt v. Duquesne, Seton Hall v. Fordham, Syracuse v. St. Bonaventure etc. While we would be playing better programs and bigger "name" schools, how would our geography problem be solved. Yes, I would like to be in a conference with Marquette, DePaul and ND; however, none of these schools are truly local. We have heard how much RM dislikes being in a different time zone than the other schools and how SLU should not be on the geographic edge of the conference. Last I checked, there are no Big East schools West of SLU or within 300 miles of SLU.

Fine. Admit you don't like the A10 but don't act like the Big East doesn't have the same geographic/travel/expense/rival problems that the A10 has.

OK for those of you that listen to the Coach Majerus' show help this out of town fan. What is the day of the show. station that airs it, and time it is on the air? I would like to stream it off the net.

schasz - how are things in palm harbor as our weather here is not the best

kfns 590 am on mondays at 7pm ct and they stream

also he is on the same station on fridays usually in the 10am ct hour with cusamono and ramsay

Cowboy,

Thanks for the information on the Rick Majerus show and I will try and catch it next week as I enjoy listening to Coach. Things in Palm Harbor are great. At the end of last year my employer gave me a forced early retirement that I have enjoyed so far. We have a temp of 65 this morning and it will probably get to 70 today. Yesterday the weather was picture perfect.

We have a little road trip planned for St. Louis and we leave on Feb 29th. I see where SLU plays their final home game at what I still call Kiel on Saturday afternoon. If I can get my women on the road early on Feb 29th then I may be able to make that afternoon game depending on the start time and how much of the drive we get done on Friday.

I have a couple tickets for the 1st two rounds of the NCAA in Tampa. Too bad the Bills don't look like they will make it. With my wife being a Vols Alum, we are hoping to see them here in Tampa. They are a fun team to watch.