Bob Knight Resigns

Band Man

Anybody know any specifics about why Bob Knight resigned from Texas Tech mid year like this. Seems strange to me. His team wasn't horrible either. They were 12-8 with recent wins over good teams such as Texas A&M and OKST.

Without knowing any facts at all, this initially reeks of health reasons or some secret scandal. Again, I obviously know nothing, just blurting out my initial reaction.

Without knowing any facts at all, this initially reeks of health reasons or some secret scandal. Again, I obviously know nothing, just blurting out my initial reaction.

That is what I was initially thinking just based on the abruptness of the whole thing.

And to address brianstl's, that thought also crossed my mind, but I'm not sure this really even assures him the job next year. I guess we'll see soon. Should be interesting to see what details leak out if any.

That is what I was initially thinking just based on the abruptness of the whole thing.

And to address brianstl's, that thought also crossed my mind, but I'm not sure this really even assures him the job next year. I guess we'll see soon. Should be interesting to see what details leak out if any.

I know, it didn't exactly work out for Jay Spoon at UNLV.

Maybe he just got sick of coaching? He has been doing it for 42 years.

No excuse. I am a huge Knight fan but... A man of honor retires after 41 years or after 42 years but not during. Getting his son a job also is wrong. While I don't wish poor health upon him, that is the only legitimate reason to step down.

No excuse. I am a huge Knight fan but... A man of honor retires after 41 years or after 42 years but not during. Getting his son a job also is wrong. While I don't wish poor health upon him, that is the only legitimate reason to step down.

According to his son, he just got burned out, we'll know more about it in the future..

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Aj...o&type=lgns

According to his son, he just got burned out, we'll know more about it in the future..

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Aj...o&type=lgns

"When Knight got to Texas Tech in 2001, his assistants found out the school had a group of pretty coeds, the Raider Recruiters, who would give campus tours to recruits. This is NCAA legal and standard at virtually all major schools, some of which encourage it to go beyond the 'here's the library' stage."

I nominate myself to go investigate this now defunct group for any straggling underground hussy element. You can never be too careful. I'm 6'4", I'll just shave, put on a headband and my JOHDANS and go tell them that i'm the new starting tailback. I'll be achieving at a level commensurate with my ability in no time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W_7kpSr9Dck

"When Knight got to Texas Tech in 2001, his assistants found out the school had a group of pretty coeds, the Raider Recruiters, who would give campus tours to recruits. This is NCAA legal and standard at virtually all major schools, some of which encourage it to go beyond the 'here's the library' stage."

I nominate myself to go investigate this now defunct group for any straggling underground hussy element. You can never be too careful. I'm 6'4", I'll just shave, put on a headband and my JOHDANS and go tell them that i'm the new starting tailback. I'll be achieving at a level commensurate with my ability in no time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W_7kpSr9Dck

Just do that for 20 years and I assure you they would believe you every time you came for a visit, different batch same brain.. :)