even bill mcclellan is on this?

It was a hot topic on Donneybrook and the call in show afterward as well. I think at least locally this is one of those topics that will take forever to die. It will be part of the list of things the media mentions everytime AB Burke is in the middle of something. St Stans, Sheryl Crow, John Kerry, Rudy G, & now Rick Majerus, oh well, that is what you get for being a public figure--this goes for both sides.

Here is a link that is interesting. Notes the feeling of the students. Surprised it is a fifty-fifty view. Very different from the PD poll.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Ap...p&type=lgns

If we have a good week, wins at Dayton & LaSalle, that will put this all to rest. ;)

I wish the students cared enough about the issue to show up to a game or two. The people with a problem should show up with Billiken gear on and protest. They should sit right there in the student section. It might look like we have an enthusiastic student fan base.

Here is a link that is interesting. Notes the feeling of the students. Surprised it is a fifty-fifty view. Very different from the PD poll.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Ap...p&type=lgns

If we have a good week, wins at Dayton & LaSalle, that will put this all to rest. ;)

I am not sure what you read but what I took from the article was that there was only a handful of letters written and they were all over the board - how do you say 50/50 from a handful? Besides, they did not say that 2.5 were for or against - they said the handful was all over the place - could well have been 4 for and 1 against. The students have obviously talked about it but apparently it is not a big issue with them - as it should not be in my opinion.

Avis Meyer was fired?

what a mistake by slu. avis was the best teacher i ever had at any level in my education.

I'm pretty sure Avis hasn't been fired. He's still on the communications faculty list online. I think the U stopped paying him to be the U. News adviser a while back, but he has stayed on as an "unofficial adviser." The U did, in fact, sue him regarding an alleged infringement on a University trademark in regard to the U. News.

I'm pretty sure Avis hasn't been fired. He's still on the communications faculty list online. I think the U stopped paying him to be the U. News adviser a while back, but he has stayed on as an "unofficial adviser." The U did, in fact, sue him regarding an alleged infringement on a University trademark in regard to the U. News.

Avis was one the best teachers I had at SLU granted it was a film criticism class where all we did was watch movies, but still an incredibly nice guy with a assload of knowledge.

Avis was one the best teachers I had at SLU granted it was a film criticism class where all we did was watch movies, but still an incredibly nice guy with a assload of knowledge.

i had that film class as well and i still watch many a movie with the thoughts and teachings of that class in mind. same with reading a newspaper article or just scanning an out of town paper when on the road after his journalism class every memo i write today has the avis brand and some of his writing techniques courtesy of his creative writing class.

the man was simply the example of what a teacher should be.

ironically, it sounds like he was punished for thinking outside the box and expressing thoughts that dont conform. maybe burke and biondi arent all that far apart.