Luke story

Tom has a nice piece on Luke Meyer in the post. RM really likes this kid. Does Borgia have any players over the next few years?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...23?OpenDocument

I hear rm say he loves Luke all the time, this is Luke's last year he should change his offense like he did against SIUC. And let Luke end his bball career as a winner, if he keeps that passive offense Luke will end his career as a loser..

I haven't seen a lot of the team play this year--they're not on TV a lot in Arkansas, but I have wathced a lot on the past and I must say that Luke is a good, solid player that reminds me a lot of a better shooting Chris Sloan-who I thought while watching him play was a fair player, but did the right things on the court to help the TEAM win. He hustled, played good defense, and could occasionally--and I'm being nice, could knock down a shot. Luke is a much better shooter than CS, but definitely is a solid player that has the drive to get better and contribute on a regular basis. I think it is hard for a coach like RM not to like a guy that goes out and is willing to battle the way Luke does. I have watched Luke up close and personal while I was at SLU and in practices-on and off season- and I saw the reason he deserves and I think has earned the role he has on the team.

A quick comment on the Borgia subject, I'm not up to dat with all the high school stuff, but from the stats and reports I have seen, it seems as though there is some definite talent coming out of there that would be able to hold their own at a DIV I institution--maybe not a Duke or UNC, but a SLU would be nice.

Some I remember:

Josh Hotz- UAB

Ben Kandlibender- Southwest Missouri State

Josh Warren- SIU

Alex Moosmann- Miami (Ohio)

Sky Frazier- MSU

Paul Eckerle-SLU

Luke Meyer-SLU

Nathan Scheer- definite D1 prospect.

Does Washington, Mo. get credit for Scott Suggs? If so, that's another one to add to the list.

Guest BillikenReport

Borgia hoops coach Dave Neier should be credited in this thread.

He's done a good job and must be good at developing talent because they've had a lot of Division I kids go through there for a school that size.

- Nate

Charleston Mo is the town in Mo that has turned out players that played in all 3 of the major sports leagues, plus a title holder in Boxing.

Charlie Babb - NFL (Miami I think)

Ricky Frazier

Matt Whiteside MLB (Rangers and others)

I don't remember the boxers name

Add to that the entire Frazier clan

Corey

Jeremy Biles

Carlos McCauley all for SLU

plus the Frazier that played bball for Mizzou (maybe Lamont) and I think had a sniff in the NFL with KC.

I'm sure there are more that I don't know about. I don't know how many people live in Charleston, but I would guess 5-10K