SLU @ Missouri State 11/21/07

DBear

Greetings Billiken fans. I didn't see a thread about the upcoming game so I figured I'd start one. I haven't been keeping up with the Billikens with the exception of the Pittsburgh game so please excuse my ignorance. How have you guys been looking so far this season?

I'm not quite sure what to think of the Bears so far. We haven't played super great teams so far and this game will tell me a lot about the Bears. We dropped our season opener @ Toledo and beat some teams we should have at home. This game has me worried, with the exception that its in Springfield so hopefully the home court will give the Bears a boost.

Any thought, opinions, outlook on the game? Should be fun. Any Billiken fans heading to Springfield? I actually live in St. Louis but I'll be going down for the game, as this will be my first time to see the Bears in action.

Best of luck.

Oh, and feel free to stop by our board,

http://www.mostbears.com

I wish the Bears luck in all games except for this Wednesday. We're 4-1 but, like you, we really don't know what to think of our team. Have beat team we were supposed to but struggled early in two of these games. Our most talented player (Tommie Liddell) is in coach's dog house. No way to tell how much he plays. On the bright side, our 7 foot 5th year senior had the best game of his life Saturday. He showed flashes in limited play last year so one cannot tell for certain whether this is the start of trend or just one game for Bryce. Lots of question-marks. Should be an interesting game. Look forward to renewing our rivalry with the Bears.

My parents, fiance and I are heading down for the game. My sister, who goes to MoState, is very excited to shove this one in my face since I did a good share of teasing last year. Not sure where we're all sitting since my sis bought the tickets. Looking forward to it!

Let us all hope for good clock management.

And I don't mean by the teams. :D

i just hope the home cooking refs we expect to see dont let devon mitchell walk 6 times a half this game as he did last year in st louis. that is like a 20 point handicap right there let alone the rest of the home court advantage.

Greetings Billiken fans. I didn't see a thread about the upcoming game so I figured I'd start one. I haven't been keeping up with the Billikens with the exception of the Pittsburgh game so please excuse my ignorance. How have you guys been looking so far this season?

I'm not quite sure what to think of the Bears so far. We haven't played super great teams so far and this game will tell me a lot about the Bears. We dropped our season opener @ Toledo and beat some teams we should have at home. This game has me worried, with the exception that its in Springfield so hopefully the home court will give the Bears a boost.

Any thought, opinions, outlook on the game? Should be fun. Any Billiken fans heading to Springfield? I actually live in St. Louis but I'll be going down for the game, as this will be my first time to see the Bears in action.

Best of luck.

Oh, and feel free to stop by our board,

http://www.mostbears.com

Does any one know the status of the 3 MSU players who were arrested? They are very sensitive about this question on the Bear board and delete all posts about the subject.

Does any one know the status of the 3 MSU players who were arrested? They are very sensitive about this question on the Bear board and delete all posts about the subject.

That's because there's a 23 page thread about it already, and they're trying to keep it from spilling into every other discussion there.

But the status is that they're suspended, and charges still haven't been filed.

And don't the away teams usually bring their own refs in non-con games?

We aren't sensitive about the players in question but we are sensitive about some fan from another team coming on our board telling us we are a small time hillbilly former directional school which is why your post got deleted. If you wish to talk about the players just jump into the 23+ page thread about it and don't bad mouth our school on our board.

2 of the 3 players have never played a minute of basketball for us while juco transfer Chris Cooks had 10pts 4rbs 3ast in 23 minutes in our first game. With the players out we only have 3 guards and 9 players total plus 2 redshirts. I have heard some talk we might know something by Wed.

Safe travels to all SLU fans making their way to Springfield and good luck the rest of the season.

I hope the billikens take this oppurtunity to shut up the many missouri state fans who called us cheaters because we didn't "concede" the win when we found out about the mistake by beating the s*** (Pardon my astrisks) out of the bears. (no offense to those missouri state fans who weren't sore losers) Second i will be heading down for the game and cheering at the top of my lungs!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

I have been told this is the last game in the series for a while which I think is pretty sad. I really don't see how it hurts either school and it gives both of us a decent game on our schedule each year.

Concerning last year the game never should have been that close in the first place as we had a decent lead then started playing not to lose and lost. I put that one on the coaches not the clock thing.

I don't think our team is down like some have suggested as we start 4 seniors who have been a part of 3 straight 20+ win seasons and 3 straight NIT teams. We bring 3 JR and a SR off the bench which makes this probably the most experienced team we have had in a while. Our frontline is the best part of our team and our guards just need to make shots and not turn the ball over. Saturday night we had 27 ast on 32 baskets with only 6 TO against UNC Greensboro who was supposed to be pretty good...beat Georgia Tech by 12 at Tech. I expect a tough hard fought game and I guess we will see what happens on Wed.

We aren't sensitive about the players in question but we are sensitive about some fan from another team coming on our board telling us we are a small time hillbilly former directional school which is why your post got deleted. If you wish to talk about the players just jump into the 23+ page thread about it and don't bad mouth our school on our board.

2 of the 3 players have never played a minute of basketball for us while juco transfer Chris Cooks had 10pts 4rbs 3ast in 23 minutes in our first game. With the players out we only have 3 guards and 9 players total plus 2 redshirts. I have heard some talk we might know something by Wed.

Safe travels to all SLU fans making their way to Springfield and good luck the rest of the season.

You have a very selective memory, you object to the directional comments?? How come you are not offended by the "fat man jokes" that Bear Board has no shortage of???? Old Ozark proverb, "Better to be thought a hillbilly , than to post on Billiken Board and remove all doubt.

You have a very selective memory, you object to the directional comments?? How come you are not offended by the "fat man jokes" that Bear Board has no shortage of???? Old Ozark proverb, "Better to be thought a hillbilly , than to post on Billiken Board and remove all doubt.

what missouri state says on their own message board about the billikens isnt the same as a billiken fan going to their board and making nasty comments. it is their house and as a visiting poster i think we should respect that and vice versa. so if some billiken fan went to the bearboard and was being rude, shame on billiken fans. the missouri state fans posting here havent stooped to that on this thread that i can see.

Just an FYI but you can hear Bears Head Coach Barry Hinson on the Pressbox on 590 the Fan this morning at about 10:20 or so.

So this series is done after this season? Kinda hurts. It was cool to get an in state rival game on the Schedule. I remember something about SLU wanting to rotate between SIU and Missouri State. Are the Salukis staying on the schedule for you all?

Just an FYI but you can hear Bears Head Coach Barry Hinson on the Pressbox on 590 the Fan this morning at about 10:20 or so.

So this series is done after this season? Kinda hurts. It was cool to get an in state rival game on the Schedule. I remember something about SLU wanting to rotate between SIU and Missouri State. Are the Salukis staying on the schedule for you all?

Who has said the series is not being renewed? RM recently commented on what a great game this is and mentioned that there should be more games like this.

Again that is our board and I would expect to see directional school hillbilly comments on this board which I wouldn't respond to. If your first post on our board tells us we are a directional hillbilly school it will get deleted. Call us what you will and I won't get caught up in the my dad can beat up your dad message board BS.

Back to the game...

Expected Starters

PG - Justin Fuehrmeyer 6' SO - 4pts 6ast

SG - Spencer Laurie 6'1" SR - 5pts 7ast 2stl

SF - Dale Lamberth 6'5" SR - 17pts 7rbs

PF - Deven Mitchell 6'5" SR - 19pts 7rbs 2stl 2blk

C - Drew Richards 6'9" SR - 13pts 4rbs 3blk

Bench

G - Shane Laurie 6'2" JR

F - Wade Knapp 6'8" JR

F - Ryan Jehle 6'6" FR

C - Dex Manswell 6'8" SR

Redshirts...important if a ruling comes down tomorrow

G - Tomas Brock 6'1" FR

F - Kyle Weems 6'6" FR Any other year he would play but we are deep at his position with seniors

I see that Mo. State is opening a new arena next year and already has the first opponent lined up. That is great.

I would hate to see this series go away either. I thought the bill introduced last year in MO about each D1 school playing the others was a little ridiculous but this and SIU are great rivalry games. What are the cons of scheduling this game if you are SLU or SMS?

Again that is our board and I would expect to see directional school hillbilly comments on this board which I wouldn't respond to. If your first post on our board tells us we are a directional hillbilly school it will get deleted. Call us what you will and I won't get caught up in the my dad can beat up your dad message board BS.

I read your board and never saw a "hillbilly" reference....your comments are grossly exagerated.

That said you are acting like one.

I read your board and never saw a "hillbilly" reference....your comments are grossly exagerated.

That said you are acting like one.

Your post were edited with the reference to hillbilly taken away so it obviously wouldn't be there to read

Not sure how a hillbilly acts but I will take your word for it. I was born and raised in Springfield went to school and played football out of state. I have lived in Los Angeles, St. Louis, and now make my home just outside of Springfield. I don't live in the hills, have all of my teeth, own my own business and realize talking smack on a message board is just that...talk.

Your post were edited with the reference to hillbilly taken away so it obviously wouldn't be there to read

Not sure how a hillbilly acts but I will take your word for it. I was born and raised in Springfield went to school and played football out of state. I have lived in Los Angeles, St. Louis, and now make my home just outside of Springfield. I don't live in the hills, have all of my teeth, own my own business and realize talking smack on a message board is just that...talk.

and funny how when the smack really gets going the biggest talkers usually seem to be anonymous.

Back to the game...

Expected Starters

PG - Justin Fuehrmeyer 6' SO - 4pts 6ast

SG - Spencer Laurie 6'1" SR - 5pts 7ast 2stl

SF - Dale Lamberth 6'5" SR - 17pts 7rbs

PF - Deven Mitchell 6'5" SR - 19pts 7rbs 2stl 2blk

C - Drew Richards 6'9" SR - 13pts 4rbs 3blk

Bench

G - Shane Laurie 6'2" JR

F - Wade Knapp 6'8" JR

F - Ryan Jehle 6'6" FR

C - Dex Manswell 6'8" SR

Redshirts...important if a ruling comes down tomorrow

G - Tomas Brock 6'1" FR

F - Kyle Weems 6'6" FR Any other year he would play but we are deep at his position with seniors

You are not very big. Tell us a little about the style of your center and 2 forwards. Are they physical bangers, slashers, outside shooters. Sizewise the matchups look to favor us bigtime if we choose to go big ... which is what I would like to see. Lisch, Liddell. Meyer, Eberhart, and Husak. I won't be surprised though if we go smaller with Eberhart, Meyer, Liddell, Lisch, and Polk.

You are not very big. Tell us a little about the style of your center and 2 forwards. Are they physical bangers, slashers, outside shooters. Sizewise the matchups look to favor us bigtime if we choose to go big ... which is what I would like to see. Lisch, Liddell. Meyer, Eberhart, and Husak. I won't be surprised though if we go smaller with Eberhart, Meyer, Liddell, Lisch, and Polk.

Drew Richards is 18/22 FG and plays solely down low. Has some nice post moves this year that he didn't have when you last saw him. He's a big tree trunk. Good banger.

Dale Lamberth is shooting about .480 from three and has the sweetest touch shooting that I've ever seen. He generally plays outside, but can somehow get it in the basket in so many ways when playing inside as well. He's definitely not a banger though.

Deven Mitchell will do just about everything. Incredibly athletic, big slasher/banger. Have seen him shoot from outside and mid-range jumpers as well. He'll do whatever he needs to do.

Drew Richards is 18/22 FG and plays solely down low. Has some nice post moves this year that he didn't have when you last saw him. He's a big tree trunk. Good banger.

Dale Lamberth is shooting about .480 from three and has the sweetest touch shooting that I've ever seen. He generally plays outside, but can somehow get it in the basket in so many ways when playing inside as well. He's definitely not a banger though.

Deven Mitchell will do just about everything. Incredibly athletic, big slasher/banger. Have seen him shoot from outside and mid-range jumpers as well. He'll do whatever he needs to do.

Wow, with that kind of talent how do ever lose?