Anthony Mitchell

slu72 fan

He hasn't gotten off the pine in the last two games, and clearly MR has moved ahead of him on a depth chart. Any thoughts on his immediate future with the team?

My observation has been Relphorde's minutes have come at the 4 and not the 3 (where Anthony might hope to get minutes). Knollmeyer has also barely played the last two games (even though he started the first game of the season). I think Relphorde has passed Knollmeyer, not AM. AM's potential minutes have been grabbed by Eckerle. Our team could use a tough, physical on-ball defender coming off the bench ala John Redden. I think Anthony still has a chance to play himself into a roll on this team but he'll have more competition at the big guard slot when Femi John arrives next season.

My observation has been Relphorde's minutes have come at the 4 and not the 3 (where Anthony might hope to get minutes). Knollmeyer has also barely played the last two games (even though he started the first game of the season). I think Relphorde has passed Knollmeyer, not AM. AM's potential minutes have been grabbed by Eckerle. Our team could use a tough, physical on-ball defender coming off the bench ala John Redden. I think Anthony still has a chance to play himself into a roll on this team but he'll have more competition at the big guard slot when Femi John arrives next season.

i agree jj. anthony is a guard. he has to fight lisch, liddell, polk meyer, and now eckerle for time. we know that isnt going to be easy to do. especially considering how flawlessly eckerle has played thus far.

i agree jj. anthony is a guard. he has to fight lisch, liddell, polk meyer, and now eckerle for time. we know that isnt going to be easy to do. especially considering how flawlessly eckerle has played thus far.

I thought Mitchell was hurt earlier this year. Was that not the case? If so, do you think that has affected him in getting minutes? I've never seen Anthony Mitchell play, but I was under the impression that he played inside with the Flyers. If that is the case, is it possible that he might be adjusting to playing on the perimeter?

I thought Mitchell was hurt earlier this year. Was that not the case? If so, do you think that has affected him in getting minutes? I've never seen Anthony Mitchell play, but I was under the impression that he played inside with the Flyers. If that is the case, is it possible that he might be adjusting to playing on the perimeter?

first eastside might be the worst coached team in the metro area. so who knows what position he was playing. that said, he guarded guards. played up front on presses when they pressured. he brought the ball down the court when east side was pressured. and he lined up at the wing in half court offenses.

yes he did a lot of scoring inside simply because he was so strong and fast he could blow by most players guarding him so why not score in the lane when he can? he also had a lot of putbacks simply because again he was the best athlete on the team and hit the boards agressively. he is a guard.

i would go along with the hurt thing had we not seen him play just fine in the exhibition ( i believe he led the team in steals that night) and he played fine in the first two tourney games. no he is just lost in the rotation imo. he needs to take a clue from eckerle, lisch, meyer and polk and support coach majerus completely by doing what the coaches say with 100% effort and success. not saying he is not, but it is obvious that lisch, meyer, eckerle and polk are in a different world and they are the ones getting the time.

my guess is anthony is making decisions for the coaches.

I dont think Knollmeyer started. I thought BE, LM, TL, KL, and DP started the first game of the season.

Guest BillikenReport

I don't have the quote written down anywhere, but I think Majerus said after the Detroit game that he wasn't happy with Mitchell's defense.

I'm not 100 percent positive about this, though. Majerus talked for a while after the game. Most of it I wrote down. But this is one of the things I didn't get in my notes.

- Nate

I don't have the quote written down anywhere, but I think Majerus said after the Detroit game that he wasn't happy with Mitchell's defense.

I'm not 100 percent positive about this, though. Majerus talked for a while after the game. Most of it I wrote down. But this is one of the things I didn't get in my notes.

- Nate

that is interesting considering in the exhibition game he led the team in steals and imo he was the best defensive player in the metro high school area last year.

He hasn't gotten off the pine in the last two games, and clearly MR has moved ahead of him on a depth chart. Any thoughts on his immediate future with the team?

I think Anthony will turn it around. According to the all-knowing, all-seeing Facebook®, his status is currently:

"Anthony Mitchell is AbOUt 2 WoRk On HiS GAme fAreAl"

So I would expect improvements.

He is also currently listening to "Leather So Soft" by Lil' Wayne.

that is interesting considering in the exhibition game he led the team in steals and imo he was the best defensive player in the metro high school area last year.

I've also heard it mentioned that AM's propensity for fouling landed him on the bench. If that was really true then Eckerle wouldn't have been thrown right back into the fire in the following games after fouling 5 times in 7 minutes.

Our offense is a work in progress and I think Eckerle and Relphorde being better offensive players have a lot to do with them seeing time over Mitchell.

I think AM has a chance to be a very good defensive player, but don't let the number of steals fool you. Steals are great, but a lot of times players who have a lot of steals take too many chances. If they don't get the steal their man has them beat. The number of steals a player averages can be a very misleading stat when dealing with a player’s defensive ability