Bryant Allen

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid is a heck of an athlete. He had all 4 of his team's touchdowns last night in a quarterfinal victory over Crystal City. He also had a team high 10 tackles. I really think he's a priority in 2009. Good thing his high school coaches is a former Billiken.

fraizer is one of the summer coaches that campaigned against recruits going to slu.

fraizer is one of the summer coaches that campaigned against recruits going to slu.

Proof? Or is this just another Roymor?

Although I just created the word, a Roymor is defined as a piece of information that is proclaimed on Billikenboard as fact yet is based on "good sources told me or I heard it through my cousins barber" mentality rather than direct quotes, verifiable speeches or published articles.

Proof? Or is this just another Roymor?

Although I just created the word, a Roymor is defined as a piece of information that is proclaimed on Billikenboard as fact yet is based on "good sources told me or I heard it through my cousins barber" mentality rather than direct quotes, verifiable speeches or published articles.

it was said a number of times about the aau coaches that were displeased with soderberg dealing with the parents and high school coaches instead of working exclusively with the aau coaches when we were debating the roundtree debacle ad nausum. go back and reread those strings yourself. sure you may not find "corey fraizer was mad at slu", you will find references to previous slu players and aau coaches that obviously is meant to be fraizer and likely claggett as well.

if you think you will find verifiable speeches and quotes when the whole aau thing is about as on the line as it can be (and that is being kind) you are truly as nuts as you appear to have become the last year or so. unless what you are saying is you want to play that game and walk in the gray area of recruiting as well? i hope slu never reverts to that, but to be honest, our current asst coaches leads me to believe we are ready to at the very least take it to the limit. that scares me.

it was said a number of times about the aau coaches that were displeased with soderberg dealing with the parents and high school coaches instead of working exclusively with the aau coaches when we were debating the roundtree debacle ad nausum. go back and reread those strings yourself. sure you may not find "corey fraizer was mad at slu", you will find references to previous slu players and aau coaches that obviously is meant to be fraizer and likely claggett as well.

if you think you will find verifiable speeches and quotes when the whole aau thing is about as on the line as it can be (and that is being kind) you are truly as nuts as you appear to have become the last year or so. unless what you are saying is you want to play that game and walk in the gray area of recruiting as well? i hope slu never reverts to that, but to be honest, our current asst coaches leads me to believe we are ready to at the very least take it to the limit. that scares me.

So you have no direct evidence of Frazier campaigning against recruits going to SLU? Your support is message board hearsay? That's pretty weak.

Recently, you sure don't mind going out on a ledge without much support (this string and the prior one re: J. Harrellson).

I noticed Roy disappeared from the Harrelson thread after Nate put to rest the "Roymor" (that's a classic, kshoe!)

Roy demanded an apology from kshoe in that thread. It looks like it should be the other way around.

you are wrong. i still say kshoe owes me an apology. i provided the list. you all think you are going to get exact quotes about recruiting you are nuts. if you cant read between the lines you better be ready to be disappointed.

you are wrong. i still say kshoe owes me an apology. i provided the list. you all think you are going to get exact quotes about recruiting you are nuts. if you cant read between the lines you better be ready to be disappointed.

You didn't provide "the" list. You provided a list that you couldn't prove was attributed to Harrellson, yet you went ahead and made that leap.

Just like you are making the leap on this thread.

So you have no direct evidence of Frazier campaigning against recruits going to SLU? Your support is message board hearsay? That's pretty weak.

Recently, you sure don't mind going out on a ledge without much support (this string and the prior one re: J. Harrellson).

you all have short memories.

then please refresh my memory. Do you have anything other than some internet message board to substantiate your claim that Frazier steered recruits clear of SLU?

go back and read the threads and the roundtree articles yourself. like i said if you think anyone is going to give you a black and white "aau coach xyz hates slu" you are really reaching. but if you cant read between the lines of what happened and why i cant help you and i guess you all are saying you enjoy being in the dark. kinda like jim carrey in "dumb and dumber" saying, "so you are saying there is still a chance".

Roy, here is what Nate said in that thread...

The list in the Belleville N-D about the schools recruiting Harrellson would seem to me to be from one of the SWIC coaches. Harrellson wasn't quoted anywhere else in that story, which leads me to think he wasn't the one to give the writer the list. Everything else I have heard and read would indicate Harrellson is interested in SLU.

After Nate's post, you pulled a disappearing act. kshoe doesn't owe you an apology. It looks like he was right. Go ahead Roy. Just this one time. Admit you may have been wrong.

Roy, here is what Nate said in that thread...

The list in the Belleville N-D about the schools recruiting Harrellson would seem to me to be from one of the SWIC coaches. Harrellson wasn't quoted anywhere else in that story, which leads me to think he wasn't the one to give the writer the list. Everything else I have heard and read would indicate Harrellson is interested in SLU.

After Nate's post, you pulled a disappearing act. kshoe doesn't owe you an apology. It looks like he was right. Go ahead Roy. Just this one time. Admit you may have been wrong.

Who said Nate was right? You are getting your info from a message board also. How is that different from what Roy was doing with the AAU coaches

go back and read the threads and the roundtree articles yourself. like i said if you think anyone is going to give you a black and white "aau coach xyz hates slu" you are really reaching. but if you cant read between the lines of what happened and why i cant help you and i guess you all are saying you enjoy being in the dark. kinda like jim carrey in "dumb and dumber" saying, "so you are saying there is still a chance".

You just continue to jump to conclusions. I'm not refusing to read between the lines. I simply asked you for support outside of what you read on an internet message board.

Before you accuse people of being in the dark maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on a message board.

Nate has a site that is devoted to Billikens recruiting. I'm pretty confidet that Nate follows it closely, talks to the kids directly, etc. Also, I read the article in the Belleville paper that Roy cites as his main source. As kshoe pointed out, that article does NOT say that the schools mentioned is Harrelson's list. It mentions schools that are looking at him. Those are two different things. We also have an article from a couple of months ago in which Harrellson was quoted as saying he was interested in SLU.

I guess when it comes down to it, Roy's evidence in this case is flimsy. He also has a long track-record of trying to put Soderberg in the most positive light at all costs. It would look bad for Roy if Majerus offered the kid a scholarship AFTER Sodie passed on him. Nate, on the other hand, I don't believe has an agenda. So yes, based on the evidence and the sources (Nate vs. Roy) I think Nate's side is more credible. If it turns out I am wrong about this, I will admit it. On the other hand, I doubt you'll ever get Roy to admit he was wrong. We're talking about a guy who couldn't even admit that Soderberg signing Clarke over Ahearn was a mistake.

Nate has a site that is devoted to Billikens recruiting. I'm pretty confidet that Nate follows it closely, talks to the kids directly, etc. Also, I read the article in the Belleville paper that Roy cites as his main source. As kshoe pointed out, that article does NOT say that the schools mentioned is Harrelson's list. It mentions schools that are looking at him. Those are two different things. We also have an article from a couple of months ago in which Harrellson was quoted as saying he was interested in SLU.

I guess when it comes down to it, Roy's evidence in this case is flimsy. He also has a long track-record of trying to put Soderberg in the most positive light at all costs. It would look bad for Roy if Majerus offered the kid a scholarship AFTER Sodie passed on him. Nate, on the other hand, I don't believe has an agenda. So yes, based on the evidence and the sources (Nate vs. Roy) I think Nate's side is more credible. If it turns out I am wrong about this, I will admit it. On the other hand, I doubt you'll ever get Roy to admit he was wrong. We're talking about a guy who couldn't even admit that Soderberg signing Clarke over Ahearn was a mistake.

Well said Ace and Moytoy.

At the end of the day, we all know that internet message boards have tons of rumors and misleading information and it is difficult to ever know the truth but one thing that sure seems to happen a lot on this board is a rumor becomes gospel and when said enough it becomes fact. I think it is important for us to question these rumors before they become board gospel and I'm glad to see at least two can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Corey Frazier is an ex Billiken and I have a hard time believing he is steering players away from SLU. A little proof is all I ask for.

Well said Ace and Moytoy.

At the end of the day, we all know that internet message boards have tons of rumors and misleading information and it is difficult to ever know the truth but one thing that sure seems to happen a lot on this board is a rumor becomes gospel and when said enough it becomes fact. I think it is important for us to question these rumors before they become board gospel and I'm glad to see at least two can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Corey Frazier is an ex Billiken and I have a hard time believing he is steering players away from SLU. A little proof is all I ask for.

you are that naive? yep, we have been in on so many mccluer and maplewood recruits over the last 10 years it is hard to beleive that fraizer and claggett arent billiken assts.

again, you all have short memories of those articles and strings in late winter last year. but that is par for this group. whatever direction the wind is blowing, jump on.

you are that naive? yep, we have been in on so many mccluer and maplewood recruits over the last 10 years it is hard to beleive that fraizer and claggett arent billiken assts.

again, you all have short memories of those articles and strings in late winter last year. but that is par for this group. whatever direction the wind is blowing, jump on.

Name me all the McCluer and Maplewood recruits that have been steered away from SLU.

soderberg didnt pass on harrellson. harrellson passed on soderberg because he wouldnt wait for alexander to decide. oh wait, we didnt get a front page story at the post dispatch that said that, so i cant use that. of course of nate says it is true, it must be. his word is better than soderberg's.

Name me all the McCluer and Maplewood recruits that have been steered away from SLU.

well i dont have the post dispatch or billensreport.com links i can quote to back any of that up so i have to remain silent.

well i dont have the post dispatch or billensreport.com links i can quote to back any of that up so i have to remain silent.

roy, i'm not asking for something written in blood, but just for something more than your conjecture which is based on an internet message board. If you feel confident in making such conclusions, then more power to you. But it seems sillly to me to act like a child when you get called on it. I'm not saying what you said is false, i'm just asking if you can back it up with something more.

Has anyone doubted what those strings said? No. However, I am asking if you have additional proof beyond those strings.

I didn't know the wind was blowing a certain direction on this topic. You made an assertion and i questioned it.