Official Game Thread: SLU v. Hou. Bapt.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of the new gametracker there isn't one screen that has all the informaiton on it at once.

Bryce will only get better throughout the year, I think. He hasn't been able to practice much yet. However we haven't seen him against that good of competitiion yet.

I didn't even realize because someone is telling me about what is happening w/ the PTA.

They always forget the rule of don't talk to me during a SLU game.

Mike Jones in the game.

I think the team coasted enough to be rested for tomorrow. I hope Husak keeps it up.

I think the team coasted enough to be rested for tomorrow. I hope Husak keeps it up.

That's a very good point. Unlike last year, Majerus is utilizing that bench. Byce is playing well. Hopefully that bodes well

for a good showing against Pitt. The team seems to be fresh as opposed to running on fumes when they faced A&M last year.

what is houston baptist doing in division 1 are we playing that good or are they embarrasing themselves by moving to d1

Bill win 91-56. It's not often SLU scores 90 points in a game that counts. Does this game count in the RPI? Houston Baptist is 1-3, and one of those losses came to a non-DI team.

That was my #1 concern about this tourney running out of gas and then stinking it up on TV against a good team. The tourny last year had better competition so maybe it wasn't as possilbe.

20 min from Husak. We need him tomorrow. I think Eberhardt got alot of rest. Lidell found his stroke I hope he keeps it going.

That was my #1 concern about this tourney running out of gas and then stinking it up on TV against a good team. The tourny last year had better competition so maybe it wasn't as possilbe.

20 min from Husak. We need him tomorrow. I think Eberhardt got alot of rest. Lidell found his stroke I hope he keeps it going.

Do you really think last years tourney had better competition? Granted Houston Baptist is not a good team (First year in D-1), but NC A&T is no push. They have many returning seniors and should compete for their conference title and the auto NCAA bid. I also think Pitt is comparable to Texas A&M.

I'm really encouraged by the balanced attack. Last night was solid and then tonight was very good. We had 6 guys in double figures (and BE had 9 pts). Majerus gave guys ample rest tonight, so hopefully they will be ready for tomorrow. One thing is for sure...the confidence and energy level will be there...let's hope TL can stay hot, KL can stay hot, and BH and BE can be close to as effective tomorrow. GO BILLS!

Yeah I think Louisiana Tech and Lamar are better. aTm then is probably better than PITT now but that doesn't matter.

Coach did the pre-game I guess he won't be doing the post games. I'm glad someone else said it before me because I was thinking I was the only one he was annoying with his rambling. I have short patience for that sort of thing.

I wonder how much they raised for the Hispanic College Fund?

We looked better tonight, although that could just be the level of competition. Last night we really looked a bit sloppy at times. Tonight we looked like a team. Bryce is just fun to watch play. Tomorrow should be fun. It'll be a real test. Pitt is good.

That was my #1 concern about this tourney running out of gas and then stinking it up on TV against a good team. The tourny last year had better competition so maybe it wasn't as possilbe. 20 min from Husak. We need him tomorrow. I think Eberhardt got alot of rest. Lidell found his stroke I hope he keeps it going.

>>20 min from Husak. <<

It was catch 22. Husak has barely practiced and needs to get into the flow of things. But playing him in a blowout might leave him with less in the tank for the big game tomorrow. Remembering that Bryce didn't even score in the first game against NC A&T, I think it was imperative that we get him going rather than worrying about saving him for Pitt. I like coach's call.

And on Relphorde ... did not play in the first game and goes for 14 points and 7 rebounds. Awesome.

Actually, I think that syndrome afflicted the entire Brad Soderberg era -- and I have nothing against Soderberg.

It was his style of play. Spoon did it a little and Romar did too. Playing slow and deliberate will cause good teams to look bad and bad teams to look good. You'll see this alot from Majerus as well. I expect us to slow it way down against Pitt, we are overmatched physically and talentwise. This is a fine way to play, but eventually you have to get enough talent so that you don't have to play that style. That was Soderberg's problem.