Lunardi has Billikens on the bubble

moytoy12

Lunardi's latest bracketology has the Bills in the "next four out" category, basically saying that SLU will be one of the top 8 teams on the outside looking in come NCAA tourney time.

Lunardi has St. Joe's as one of the "last four in."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

I guess Joe put a lot of stock in us beating UMSL. Last time he posted he didn't list us.

Perhaps a reflection of things leaked about the scrimmage with Memphis?

It's a reflection of nobody knowing what the hell is gonna happen in 4 months. It's like ESPN goes, "We need some more traffic to the site. Let's have Joe put up a bracket. Sure, everybody's well aware that it's complete BS, but the fans like to see their name in print".

And I'll go look...always do.

It's a reflection of nobody knowing what the hell is gonna happen in 4 months. It's like ESPN goes, "We need some more traffic to the site. Let's have Joe put up a bracket. Sure, everybody's well aware that it's complete BS, but the fans like to see their name in print".

And I'll go look...always do.

I'm a little hesistant to say that Lunardi is putting up the Billikens' name solely to gain Billiken traffic to espn.com.

Are Falker and Shaw that good they can carry them to a 7 seed?

Answer: No. SIU is overrated, as is the MVC, and both will regress this year. SIU may get an NCAA bid by virtue of doing something in a conference that will be weaker. There is no way that SIU can replace Tatum, who ran the show and was their #1 guy.

I'm looking for a SLU "upset" that really won't be an upset when SIU comes to STL.

I'm a little hesistant to say that Lunardi is putting up the Billikens' name solely to gain Billiken traffic to espn.com.

Lunardi is an A-10 guy. He is connected to the St. joes program in some way (I think he is an alum) so whenever there is any doubt he is comfortable giving the A-10 the nod. I think last year he gave Brad some advice on scheduling and building a solid RPI.

Didn't mean to suggest that ESPN is trying to gain Billiken traffic. Just saying that nobody, Joe included, can honestly think they can predict the NCAA tournament field. It's complete BS. Sure, we know who the most athletic teams are. They will get in. Number 1 seed or number 5 seed, who knows. Last 4 out? NEXT 4 out? give me a break. Complete fiction. People read it because they like to see their name in print. Hell even the preseason top 25 will most likely look a lot different in 2 weeks. Seeing our name...or any name...on that list gives me no extra hope that we can be a tourney team.

I think, as KShoe says, Joe's an A-10 guy. Rick Majerus is now our coach and the country knows it. Let's throw us out there as the 8th team out. There is nothing to lose.

Didn't mean to suggest that ESPN is trying to gain Billiken traffic. Just saying that nobody, Joe included, can honestly think they can predict the NCAA tournament field. It's complete BS. Sure, we know who the most athletic teams are. They will get in. Number 1 seed or number 5 seed, who knows. Last 4 out? NEXT 4 out? give me a break. Complete fiction. People read it because they like to see their name in print. Hell even the preseason top 25 will most likely look a lot different in 2 weeks. Seeing our name...or any name...on that list gives me no extra hope that we can be a tourney team.

I think, as KShoe says, Joe's an A-10 guy. Rick Majerus is now our coach and the country knows it. Let's throw us out there as the 8th team out. There is nothing to lose.

I'm picking up what you're laying down.

Though i enjoy his predictions from a conference and personal standpoint. The bracketology this early means nothing. It's no better than the one he releases a couple of days after the championship game. That said. I hope SLU is one of the last four in because that would put X, St. Joe's, and SLU in the tourney.

Thank god the season is here.