"setting the tenor and the tone"

BJK

"I understand all the consequences," Majerus said. "I've done this before, but this time, I have less time. But I'm not as concerned. If someone told me we had to win this year, that for the St. Louis University athletic department everything depended on it, I'd do things dramatically differently. We're setting the tenor and tone for success in the future."

At first this bothered me, but then I thought about it again, and realized that he's right. Majerus has the clout that he can just lay down the truth like that, admit it's a rebuilding year. He's right. We hired him to better this program overall, not just 07/08. I look forward to this year... and many more to come.

"I understand all the consequences," Majerus said. "I've done this before, but this time, I have less time. But I'm not as concerned. If someone told me we had to win this year, that for the St. Louis University athletic department everything depended on it, I'd do things dramatically differently. We're setting the tenor and tone for success in the future."

At first this bothered me, but then I thought about it again, and realized that he's right. Majerus has the clout that he can just lay down the truth like that, admit it's a rebuilding year. He's right. We hired him to better this program overall, not just 07/08. I look forward to this year... and many more to come.

I think RM's version of rebuilding...doesn't include losing, he hasn't lost anywhere.

I am beginning to understand why Coach Majeras might get more wins out of this squad. Sounds like the players will be much better prepared than in the past. Sounds like the coaching staff will also be much better prepared.

Majerus pays more attention to practice and detail than Soderberg ever would have.

Guest BillikenReport

Majerus pays more attention to practice and detail than Soderberg ever would have.

It sounds like Majerus pays more attention to that stuff than 99 percent of college coaches out there.

- Nate

I wonder how Lisch and Liddell feel that the success of their Junior and Senior years may be curtailed because RM wants to build for the future.

I wonder why someone who dislikes SLU so much cares so much about their feelings.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...mp;&start=8

Seriously, what is your deal? 90% of your posts on this board are spent accusing other posters of being old posters or trying to dig up sh*t on people. I don't know you very well but you don't appear to be that intelligent. I don't feel the need to explain myself to you but I will to other posters so that you don't mislead them. My respone to that poster meant that he was a loser because he was a KU fan and from Topeka. I don't know if you've ever been to Topeka before but it's not exactly Manhattan(that's New York not Kansas). Perhaps you rooted for KU when they played SLU. I didn't. But at least we know your true colors now. Thanks Jayhawk Ace.

I wonder why someone who dislikes SLU so much cares so much about their feelings.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...mp;&start=8

Seriously, what is your deal? 90% of your posts on this board are spent accusing other posters of being old posters or trying to dig up sh*t on people. I don't know you very well but you don't appear to be that intelligent. I don't feel the need to explain myself to you but I will to other posters so that you don't mislead them. My respone to that poster meant that he was a loser because he was a KU fan and from Topeka. I don't know if you've ever been to Topeka before but it's not exactly Manhattan(that's New York not Kansas). Perhaps you rooted for KU when they played SLU. I didn't. But at least we know your true colors now. Thanks Jayhawk Ace.

I don't know if I buy postcard's explanation or not, but who cares. This is the kind of stuff that ends up scaring away new posters.

If the Bills are not his #1 team and this bothers people......hit the ignore button. It is not my board (and I don't envy Steve's job), but unless somebody post something over the line I think they should stay.

The thing people need to realize is this board is about to become a lot more popular over the next few years. We have a national name coach and that will really drive up the number of people who both post and just check the board out. Lets not look like a bunch of babies that don't want anybody else to play in our sandbox.

You sure like to wave the Mizzou pom poms on the stl board and you were really harsh on a kid who is a SLU fan.

You sure like to wave the Mizzou pom poms on the stl board and you were really harsh on a kid who is a SLU fan.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

Consider the source. Ace made off color remarks about another posters 3 YEAR OLD KID. What kind of low life does that? And I already explained why I was harsh on the kid. For the record, he said he was a student at SLU but a fan of KU. In fact this is what he said in his post:

As far as Billiken basketball is concerned, Rick Majerus has already plans to bring in three 3-star and two 2-star recrutis for the class of 2008. It should only be a matter of time before he lands a 4-star.

On the other hand, my team Kansas, loses only Julian Wright and returns everyone else including a 3-star recruit in Connor Teahan and two 4-star recruits in Cole Aldrich and Travis Releford but also returns on of the strongest benches in the country.

So the kid is obviously a Jayhawk fan like Ace not a Billiken fan. You seem to troll on other boards more than anything. Where to now CubbyAce?

I don't know if I buy postcard's explanation or not, but who cares. This is the kind of stuff that ends up scaring away new posters.

If the Bills are not his #1 team and this bothers people......hit the ignore button. It is not my board (and I don't envy Steve's job), but unless somebody post something over the line I think they should stay.

The thing people need to realize is this board is about to become a lot more popular over the next few years. We have a national name coach and that will really drive up the number of people who both post and just check the board out. Lets not look like a bunch of babies that don't want anybody else to play in our sandbox.

Hey Brian, I completely agree that we should welcome fans from other programs, but keeping away imposters won't scare anybody away. In fact it will encourage quality posters to visit. I got no problem with posters who come on and are straight-shooters about what their school allegiance and even want to stir it up with us and talk crap about SLU. But others are too chicken-sh!t to be honest about what school they root for. We've had fluegel, phan and others in the past. We even had some who acted like they were SLU fans and were spreading false rumors about our players. That will and should be called out.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

Consider the source. Ace made off color remarks about another posters 3 YEAR OLD KID. What kind of low life does that? And I already explained why I was harsh on the kid. For the record, he said he was a student at SLU but a fan of KU. In fact this is what he said in his post:

As far as Billiken basketball is concerned, Rick Majerus has already plans to bring in three 3-star and two 2-star recrutis for the class of 2008. It should only be a matter of time before he lands a 4-star.

On the other hand, my team Kansas, loses only Julian Wright and returns everyone else including a 3-star recruit in Connor Teahan and two 4-star recruits in Cole Aldrich and Travis Releford but also returns on of the strongest benches in the country.

So the kid is obviously a Jayhawk fan like Ace not a Billiken fan. You seem to troll on other boards more than anything. Where to now CubbyAce?

Sorry. That's not me. I don't have that name on that forum because it was taken. I don't care about baseball anyway which is a lot of what that guy discussed. Here's a clue for you. I have made a few posts using a different handle on the Billikens board there. Haven't seen your name pop up there, but a search of your posting history shows that you like to pop up on MizzouTalk. Hey, nothing wrong with that, just be honest about your allegiance.

Hey Brian, I completely agree that we should welcome fans from other programs, but keeping away imposters won't scare anybody away. In fact it will encourage quality posters to visit. I got no problem with posters who come on and are straight-shooters about what their school allegiance and even want to stir it up with us and talk crap about SLU. But others are too chicken-sh!t to be honest about what school they root for. We've had fluegel, phan and others in the past. We even had some who acted like they were SLU fans and were spreading false rumors about our players. That will and should be called out.

CubbyAce - You and any other Billiken fan are more than welcome to come up and say hi to me at the Billiken games this year. Just PM me and I'll tell you my seat location. But please don't be low class and insult any of the kids in the section.

You are probably right. I was only around for billsboy and one of the phans, so I missed the others. I do remember some posters spreading false rumors about players before and that should be definitely called out.

I have gone after people on here for that stuff before. I am just trying to be a nicer poster from now on. We will see how long I am succesful at it.

We need some open practices so we have something more meaningful to discuss.

Sorry. That's not me. I don't have that name on that forum because it was taken. I don't care about baseball anyway which is a lot of what that guy discussed. Here's a clue for you. I have made a few posts using a different handle on the Billikens board there. Haven't seen your name pop up there, but a search of your posting history shows that you like to pop up on MizzouTalk. Hey, nothing wrong with that, just be honest about your allegiance.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that postcard has an agenda that does not generally intersect with the majority of Billiken fandom.

Honesty is a seldom seen virtue on the internet.........

Sure it isn't. What a fraud you are. You're the one who needs to be honest about your allegiance. When did I ever say I didn't like Mizzou football? I'm sure lots of posters on here do but probably many are driven away because ****** bags like you won't let them post on here because everytime they do you flame them. What college football team do you like? Last time I checked SLU didn't field a football team. Is it okay for me to like college football? Since I'm from Missouri which team should I follow. I don't like KU or the Cubs like you and I don't make fun of peoples kids so I don't have a lot in common with you. Like I said if you want to check my allegiance come meet me at the game if you're man enough.

Sure it isn't. What a fraud you are. You're the one who needs to be honest about your allegiance. When did I ever say I didn't like Mizzou football? I'm sure lots of posters on here do but probably many are driven away because ****** bags like you won't let them post on here because everytime they do you flame them. What college football team do you like? Last time I checked SLU didn't field a football team. Is it okay for me to like college football? Since I'm from Missouri which team should I follow. I don't like KU or the Cubs like you and I don't make fun of peoples kids so I don't have a lot in common with you. Like I said if you want to check my allegiance come meet me at the game if you're man enough.

Ace and I don't agree on much but his bonfides as a Billiken fan are unquestionable. A 75 post count lurker usually bad mouthing something or someone will not ever get much respect.....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that postcard has an agenda that does not generally intersect with the majority of Billiken fandom.

Honesty is a seldom seen virtue on the internet.........

What would my agenda be? What have I posted that would lead you to believe I have an agenda?

When did you join the witch hunt. Is this from the same poster that attacked SLU72 the other day for no reason? My initial post on this thread was to start some discussion on whether or not RM's plans for the future might hinder KL and TL's chances of making the tourney in the next two years. If you are too dense to understand that I apologize for your poor blood lines. I do have to say I agree with BrianSTL, I'm sure new posters love coming here and seeing the likes of you and CubbyAce jumping all over everyone and posting BS that you can't back up.

Ace and I don't agree on much but his bonfides as a Billiken fan are unquestionable. A 75 post count lurker usually bad mouthing something or someone will not ever get much respect.....

Oh I see. I have to post 4,000 times and agree with everything that the board elders like you say before I can garner your respect. No thanks. I trully enjoy the information on this board and the analysis provided by the likes of Skip, Sign Guy, Billiken Report, and occasionally even BrianSTL and JimboFive and others. If you don't like my posts why don't you and ACE hit the ignore button and you won't have to worry yourself over my opinions. I'm guessing neither of you have the discipline to do it.

If you don't like my posts why don't you and ACE hit the ignore button and you won't have to worry yourself over my opinions. I'm guessing neither of you have the discipline to do it.

You are a classic troll.

That is the fact. You will likely cross the line in the not too distant future and be forced to leave, only to rematerialize later in another incarnation.

You are a classic troll.

That is the fact. You will likely cross the line in the not too distant future and be forced to leave, only to rematerialize later in another incarnation.

Please answer two questions?

What have I posted on this board that would lead you to believe that I am a troll?

Why don't you hit the ignore button so you don't have to read my posts?

I sincerely doubt Kevin and Tommie are worried about any rebuilding conversation. Tommie probably has NBA aspirations so any attention brought to him or the program is good. I bet Tommie thinks his basketball future has dramatically changed as a result of RM being his new coach. Rebuilding or not, he will be a focal point of a team receiving national attention just for its personable coach. Also the instruction he will be getting is far and beyond anything Brad brought to the table. If SLU wins 2 games this year Kevin and Tommie are still better off. I might not have 4,000 posts but thats the bottom line.

I sincerely doubt Kevin and Tommie are worried about any rebuilding conversation. Tommie probably has NBA aspirations so any attention brought to him or the program is good. I bet Tommie thinks his basketball future has dramatically changed as a result of RM being his new coach. Rebuilding or not, he will be a focal point of a team receiving national attention just for its personable coach. Also the instruction he will be getting is far and beyond anything Brad brought to the table. If SLU wins 2 games this year Kevin and Tommie are still better off. I might not have 4,000 posts but thats the bottom line.

Thanks for the reply. I hoped you're not attacked because of your lack of posts. I agree that they will both be better off with RM as the coach. I guess the question I was trying to raise was is it possible that SLU may be sacrificing possible tourney births the next couple years in hopes that there will be many more to come in the upcoming years. The only reason I raise that question is RM said he would do things dramatically different if he had to win next year. I would hope that KL and TL don't miss out on going to the dance in their 4 years here but if it means that the Bills will be much better off down the road than I'll take it.

I guess the question I was trying to raise was is it possible that SLU may be sacrificing possible tourney births the next couple years in hopes that there will be many more to come in the upcoming years. The only reason I raise that question is RM said he would do things dramatically different if he had to win next year.

could you give us an example of what majerus could do differently?