No Midnight Madness?

shooter

I know we have been told RM does not care for Midninght Madness. When is the first day of practice? We are less than a week from the start of the BB season and I have not heard when the Bills will have their first practice. Maybe we will have a Blue and White scrimmage before the season starts. Any information regarding the upcoming schedule of practices, would be great.

Since we cannot watch RM's practices, some type of scrimmage would be great; if we would be allowed to watch.

I know we have been told RM does not care for Midninght Madness. When is the first day of practice? We are less than a week from the start of the BB season and I have not heard when the Bills will have their first practice. Maybe we will have a Blue and White scrimmage before the season starts. Any information regarding the upcoming schedule of practices, would be great.

Since we cannot watch RM's practices, some type of scrimmage would be great; if we would be allowed to watch.

I asked the same question last week and nobody answered. I figured out through TT's blog that the first official practice is this Friday. It looks like midnight madness isn't gonna happen.

I asked the same question last week and nobody answered. I figured out through TT's blog that the first official practice is this Friday. It looks like midnight madness isn't gonna happen.

Fine. If RM prefers, I can accept closed practices and no midnight madness. But didn't RM talk previously about an "open scrimmage", invite alumni and fans, etc. Is there still an employee at SLU working for and/or in charge of promoting the basketball team? AD, SID, Marketing .... Could not make the MAC luncheon but seem to remember RM suggesting such an event.

Fine. If RM prefers, I can accept closed practices and no midnight madness. But didn't RM talk previously about an "open scrimmage", invite alumni and fans, etc. Is there still an employee at SLU working for and/or in charge of promoting the basketball team? AD, SID, Marketing .... Could not make the MAC luncheon but seem to remember RM suggesting such an event.

I think RM, the AD, Blue Crew...need to come up with SOMETHING. I can certainly live with closed practices (although, as a fan, i think it sucks). I'm sure that's how all the big-time schools are doing it, so I'm cool with that. If he doesn't like Midnight Madness...then I suppose I can deal with that too. But, I think RM really needs to come up with SOMETHING to drum up interest in the team. All the major schools have MM. I think I read one of our potential recruits is attending UK's MM. Add onto that, the fact that we are only playing in 1 exhibition game, preseason viewings are going to be almost non-existant. IMO, that is NOT a good way to drum up support and name recognition for the team.

I think RM, the AD, Blue Crew...need to come up with SOMETHING. I can certainly live with closed practices (although, as a fan, i think it sucks). I'm sure that's how all the big-time schools are doing it, so I'm cool with that. If he doesn't like Midnight Madness...then I suppose I can deal with that too. But, I think RM really needs to come up with SOMETHING to drum up interest in the team. All the major schools have MM. I think I read one of our potential recruits is attending UK's MM. Add onto that, the fact that we are only playing in 1 exhibition game, preseason viewings are going to be almost non-existant. IMO, that is NOT a good way to drum up support and name recognition for the team.

We knew what we were getting with RM, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Friends at KFNS tell me that RM is being very difficult about a post-game interview and a weekly call-in show. I'd expect that an assistant coach will be stepping into both of these shows, if KFNS is willing to do a call-in without the head coach. Again, people should expect this, RM is a different type than what's been here in the past. (Hopefully, that's a good thing.)

We knew what we were getting with RM, so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Friends at KFNS tell me that RM is being very difficult about a post-game interview and a weekly call-in show. I'd expect that an assistant coach will be stepping into both of these shows, if KFNS is willing to do a call-in without the head coach. Again, people should expect this, RM is a different type than what's been here in the past. (Hopefully, that's a good thing.)

How can that be a good thing? Is it not standard for the head coach to have a call in show and do a post game interview? I really don't know, somebody enlighten me....but, I would assume it is. I certainly expect things to be different, but there are also certain things you HAVE to do. Engaging the local media and fan base is a NECESSITY. If you take away the call in show and post game interview, what kind of interaction does our coach then have with the fanbase? Hell, even Pro coaches have those.

Just win baby. I think no one will care if he does a post game/weekly call in if he comes in and starts winning. On the other hand as a season ticket holder and with the prices of those tickets skyrocketing I want more access to the man behind the wheel.

How can that be a good thing? Is it not standard for the head coach to have a call in show and do a post game interview? I really don't know, somebody enlighten me....but, I would assume it is. I certainly expect things to be different, but there are also certain things you HAVE to do. Engaging the local media and fan base is a NECESSITY. If you take away the call in show and post game interview, what kind of interaction does our coach then have with the fanbase? Hell, even Pro coaches have those.

Perhaps RM went to the "How to deal with local media, by Tony La Russa" seminar.

Perhaps RM went to the "How to deal with local media, by Tony La Russa" seminar.

Why put all the blame on RM? If he can manage things so that he doesn't do countless interviews, then good for him. Would be quite surprised if RM does not provide any post-game interview or have any call-in show. That would be quite odd.

Agree that winning will cure all ills; however, where's anyone else from SLU. We have no Athletic Director, not even an interim director, etc. No one truly expects a strong Athletic Director to truly be RM's boss but I do expect a figure head to promote the team and program a little. Not sure if, and who, else may be employed by SLU with respect to athletics. Surely, Fr. Biondi will not contact the media.

Why put all the blame on RM? If he can manage things so that he doesn't do countless interviews, then good for him. Would be quite surprised if RM does not provide any post-game interview or have any call-in show. That would be quite odd.

Agree that winning will cure all ills; however, where's anyone else from SLU. We have no Athletic Director, not even an interim director, etc. No one truly expects a strong Athletic Director to truly be RM's boss but I do expect a figure head to promote the team and program a little. Not sure if, and who, else may be employed by SLU with respect to athletics. Surely, Fr. Biondi will not contact the media.

i am quite looking fwd to a weekly show with Rick as I think that would be can't miss radio.

I wonder if KFNS has a coach's show in their contract, so Rick would have to buy that out, perhaps.

Does anyone know if Rick did a show in Utah on a weekly basis and if talked to the radio guys after games?

He is so entertaining I would think ratings would be good, if he would be allowed to do most of the talking (note to Ramsay).

Just because Majerus is reportedly "being difficult" regarding post game interviews and weekly coaching show doesn't mean that he won't do them. He has achieved the status that he can "be difficult" he can set the terms because they need him they want him. That is a good thing for him and SLU as he will have more control on the image of the program.

That's my take.

I know the Blue Crew and Majerus are planning a meet-and-greet event in lieu of having a Midnight Madness event. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about that event yet as well.....